Next Bond releases, when in UK?

lasereraser

Distinguished Member
When are Licence to Kill and The Man with the Golden Gun released over here? I could order them from the land of Region A but I want to keep them all the same on the shelf, i.e. Region B.

mikegambit

Banned
I've not seen any date for them so far.
If cost is not an issue buy one of the European releases.

The US ones are region coded but are only £13.99 delivered and you'll get the original soundtrack too

lasereraser

Distinguished Member
I've not seen any date for them so far.
If cost is not an issue buy one of the European releases.

The US ones are region coded but are only £13.99 delivered and you'll get the original soundtrack too
Where are they £13.99 delivered mate. (Region Coding not an issue).

mikegambit

Banned

mikegambit

Banned
Cheers but I don't have region A or Sky HD.

:(
Bri
Time to sell that PS3 and swap it for a multiregion player.

I only mentioned Sky HD for reference.

Many of the HD broadcasts on there are poor anyway.

I cancelled my HD and movies sub.

Thats £26 a month less and I can still record from BBC HD and C4HD which is where most of my HD stuff was from anyway.

The box now offers ITV HD too but only for live viewing - not recordable yet

brian s

Distinguished Member
Time to sell that PS3 and swap it for a multiregion player.
I'm looking at upgrading to multi region. I'm just trying to get the best advice on it. My usual AV shop is advising me against it but I guess that's because they can't or won't do it.

Bri

mikegambit

Banned
As long as you have all the contents I doubt you will have problems selling a PS3 although with the 80Gb version out you might struggle to get more than £200 for a 40Gb one.

Multiregion Magic is the site to visit
Fully MR for dvd and bd for less than £350.

You know it makes sense.
Apart from cost I cannot see any reason not to buy one

brian s

Distinguished Member
Multiregion Magic is the site to visit
Fully MR for dvd and bd for less than £350.

You know it makes sense.
Apart from cost I cannot see any reason not to buy one
I'm not that bothered about selling my 80gb PS3. I more concerned in how good the MR player will be. I had such a bad experience with a Pioneer machine and a slightly better time with a Panasonic. The shop I usually deal with are great about taking back naff machines but they've made it very clear they won't touch MR BD players with a barge pole.

All the best
Bri

mikegambit

Banned
I'm not that bothered about selling my 80gb PS3. I more concerned in how good the MR player will be. I had such a bad experience with a Pioneer machine and a slightly better time with a Panasonic. The shop I usually deal with are great about taking back naff machines but they've made it very clear they won't touch MR BD players with a barge pole.

All the best
Bri
I had a PS3 for nearly a year.
I've had my Panasonic since December.

Apart from slightly longer loading times it plays as well as the PS3 and I rate it's dvd upscaling
as better

The remote is not poxy Bluetooth so its easy to integrate into your system.
It looks like a proper player and you don't have to navigate the XMB

Last edited:

brian s

Distinguished Member
I had a PS3 for nearly a year.
I've had my Panasonic since December.

Apart from slightly longer loading times it plays as well as the PS3 and I rate it's dvd upscaling
as better

The remote is not poxy Bluetooth so its easy to integrate into your system.
It looks like a proper player and you don't have to navigate the XMB
The PS3 is so much better at loading times than the other players I've had my hands on but I could put up with that if everyrhing else was ok. I quite like the Bluetooth remote.

Cheers
Bri

mikegambit

Banned
The PS3 is so much better at loading times than the other players I've had my hands on but I could put up with that if everyrhing else was ok. I quite like the Bluetooth remote.

Cheers
Bri
The Panasonic has not missed a beat so far.
The Bluetooth remote was impossible to put on my universal remote so I had to buy an additional adapter to use the PS3 by IR.

The remote itself is useless in the dark as there is no backlight and the keys are puny.

The Sony player I had was slow beyond belief but the Panasonic is only a bit slower than the PS3 - although from standby to the tray opening is at least 20 seconds so the the lack of a tray helps the PS3 in that regard

If you only watch discs the XMB is a pain

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Still no sign of the next batch of Bond Blu's for the UK, Really want TMWTGG. I suppose the US release is in the skinny case so won't match the rest of my collection :(

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Still no sign of the next batch of Bond Blu's for the UK, Really want TMWTGG. I suppose the US release is in the skinny case so won't match the rest of my collection :(
Not to add more woes Dickie, but it's a lovely disc. The French one, that is.

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Hmmm, Had a quick look at Amazon FR and a few other French Retailers and can't seem to find it, Should I be searching for Le man wit de Golde' Pistolette or summat instead ??

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Correct, but I don't think it's available separately as of yet, much like the German release. Comes in a set with QoS and LTK. Managed to get TMWTGG on its own from a French ebay seller.

mikegambit

Banned
Don't forget the US release is Region A only

£13.99 delivered at Playusa

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom