Next BIG Season Pass DLC Rumours?

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the 2nd DLC is out for us season passers and imo this is a really good pack.

As I mentioned in the other post, I really hope they make some free (not part of the season pass) versus / horde maps out of these levels as there is some nice changes in the graphical style here.

BUT always looking onwards and upwards, has anyone seen any rumours for the next big season pass update yet?

Given that the horde/versus maps are effectively released to all for free - not a bad thing really as it keeps all the maps in rotation and keeps them full as everyone can play them - I personally am a BIG fan of the way this 2nd pack has done it.

campaign/arcade DLC and then (hoping) to further use that content to make free maps for the masses.

My worry is that Epic get a little greedy/complacent and try to charge us for old rope and bring out another say horde or a versus pack which by its nature other than a few chievs effectively becomes free for everyone.

But am hoping that after the flak they took for the 1st "on disk already" season pass DLC which was for the most part free for all so long as you knew 1 person with the pass, then this wont happen again.

Any thoughts?

cheers
M.

Last edited:
This was always the concern for me buying the season pass, which is why I never got it. I want to know all the DLC's first before I punt my points.

I hope its some more campaign DLC. I'd love to see an Epilogue to the game, where you crush any locust that might have somehow escaped from the bomb. Or something to that effect.

Not much they can do really apart from that and new MP maps. Kinda limited with DLC, so hoping they surprise us whatever it is.

The suprise would be if they could get dlc 3 out on time for us season pass holders. Btw loving the dlc only got 4 cheevos to get which won't take long as I have the pain foreshadowing one:)

Yep DLC has been announced, the current discussions on epic forum is that the new maps will only payable on private as the horde pack until the maps are put out as another booster pack.

If this is the case then the DLC is 800 points for maps you would get free anway, a prestige system, a couple of weapon skins and a few characters.

It would also mean the season pass was a waste of money :(

Fingers crossed until they confirm.

To play new maps you must have DLC, not sure how there working it yet thou.

i was hoping for another piece of campaign to tie up closer to the start of marcus's story, but maybe we will see another game made for that as a prequel story.

would have liked all the gears 1 maps to be added instead of these new ones.

To play new maps you must have DLC, not sure how there working it yet thou.
I'd like to see a DLC playlist for a while rather than letting the match-making system select the maps based on who has and who doesn't have the DLC. There will be many people without the new maps for sometime and if they just leave it down to the match-making, then the new maps will rarely come up. DLC playlist for first month or so would be perfect, imo.

scanz said:
I'd like to see a DLC playlist for a while rather than letting the match-making system select the maps based on who has and who doesn't have the DLC. There will be many people without the new maps for sometime and if they just leave it down to the match-making, then the new maps will rarely come up. DLC playlist for first month or so would be perfect, imo.

Sounds right to me :)

i was hoping for another piece of campaign to tie up closer to the start of marcus's story, but maybe we will see another game made for that as a prequel story.

would have liked all the gears 1 maps to be added instead of these new ones.

Escalation is in there probably my favourite gears 1 map

u could choose what map and game mode u wanted to play on gears 1 which is why it's still the best mp of the series and best mp game overall.
epic just tried to change too much in the game when there really was no need to, all we wanted was gears 1 with better graphics, active reload removed, and dedicated servers, instead we got none of that and ended up with smoke stun, planted grenades, overpowered weapons, mantle kicks, no dead room, and genarally no element of fun, when gears 1 was out u couldn't get a game on a friday night, with gears 2/3 hardly anyone plays it. now.
shame epic didn't realise this.

Escalation is in there probably my favourite gears 1 map

it's up there with clocktower but my favourite was always mausoleum.

Yep DLC has been announced, the current discussions on epic forum is that the new maps will only payable on private as the horde pack until the maps are put out as another booster pack.

If this is the case then the DLC is 800 points for maps you would get free anway, a prestige system, a couple of weapon skins and a few characters.

It would also mean the season pass was a waste of money :(

Fingers crossed until they confirm.

I like the prestige option. Hopefully as well as the skins you will get a silver/gold/onyx level 100 badge as well when you eventually make your wings again.

That being said, i just hope in such a system there is no achievement for onyx "wings" and it is just for fun.

I agree about multiplayer, multiplayer maps need to be made for everyone for them to work properly, however if they are made for everyone then it means the season pass is effectively worthless, which is why Raams Shadow is so good imo as it really adds value to the pass as it is something not everyone gets..

What they need to do imo is to release something for just the season pass holders, like raams shadow all the time, and then release multiplayer maps for all based off that DLC, therefore everyone is happy.

season passers get something unique, but we still ALL get new maps.

And as for old maps rehashed..... these should be released for free, the map design is all done and these are just skin jobs. Sure there IS some work required, but come on, this game has been a huge cashcow for Epic so is it really so much to ask? Back in the day extra levels etc were routinely released as a thank you anyway and these were free.

I have u-turned a little re a possible beast mode DLC.

Beastmode has real potential but at the moment there is just not much done with it.

upping beastmode to 50 levels like horde, making new tiers of locust (with the berserker MUCH harder to get) OR giving the cog better defences against her.

With hindsite I would probably not bother with the season pass to be honest.

Raams shadow is great but is NOT worth 2400 points, and aside from a few skins, achievements and what not, the rest of the DLC looks to effectively be free to all anyway.

Hell all it takes is for 1 person in your squad to have the season pass anyway and then aside from the achievements there is even less reason for everyone else to pay for the DLC.

How is the rest of the DLC free to all?

lol you dug that old post up from ages ago mate.

the 1st DLC WAS free for all so long as one person in your party had it, which didnt half cause a sh*tstorm on the gears forums..

DLC 1.5 was a booster map pack for all

DLC 2 was campaign stuff and was when i posted this

DLC3 and 4 - at least for now - are NOT available for all.

Ah cool, sorry just quickly browsed...

Wondering if the season pass is worth it, as i seem to have missed the DOTW boat.

well it depends, hell i have put way over 100 hrs into this game, so i cant really argue that it was not worth the £47 quid or so the game and pass cost me.

Certainly there are things i DIDNT like about it, and things they could have done better.

DLC which is already on disk but locked - bang out of order
rehashed maps which I have already played on for hrs as part of the DLC?
An achievement list which is aimed squarely at boosting which makes you hate the game
Beast was banged on about being the next big thing, it has so much potential but has been ignored.

BUT

overall, once you have the DLC there ARE a lot of maps
online generally works well, the best of the bunch
it really pushes the xbox to the limit
DLC wise they HAVE actually improved the old maps, and the new ones are generally excellent.
RAAMS shadow is arguably better than the main canpaign and, on insane at least its around 5 hrs playtime.

Certainly IF you are prepared to wait you will pick it up cheaper, but if you are a gears player there is no doubt that there is plenty of new stuff in there which you are missing out on without the season pass.

I really would love to see just 1 more DLC pack - free of course at least for season pass people which does a bit more to beast.
on public it is just stupidly easy in its current state esp once the berserker comes out.

ohh yeah and guardian is sooooo much better than CTL!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom