1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nexnix Tab Tensioned 1.5gain Electric Screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Neelix, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Neelix

Neelix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to purchase one of these screens today but would like some advise regarding HS50 compatibility. Is a gain of 1.5 too high although I have heard it is nearer 1.2 in reality. What sort of gain do most HS50 owners use? Can anyone recommend rate the Nexnix screens?

2. Neelix

Neelix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm, this part of the forum doesn't get much traffic! Can anyone advise regarding the Nexnix screens and more importantly the gain for an HS50 pj?

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Well, according to this months Home Cinema Choice, in the US, Sony have decided to bundle the projector with a 1.7 gain screen :eek: It states -

'The chroma Vue HCS-W80 partners the HS51. The 80inch screen, with a gain peak gain of 1.7 has a multi-layered surface able to reflect the light from the projector while reflecting ambient lighting. No news on whether the screen will be distributed in the UK though.'

Reading it again, I am unsure if they mean bundled with the HS51 or actually sold as a seperate item. However, the word 'partner' makes it sound like they may indeed bundle it or try and sell it alongside the PJ.

Interesting never the less and the fact that a 1.7 gain screen is being cited as the ideal partner for the 51/50 is very very interesting but are they simply selling a screen more practical within the lounge environ? also, one wonders if they (SONY) are aware about the 'dim' images issue sometimes levelled at the 50/51 on both UK and US forums :confused:

Very interesting :lesson:

Captain Benefit.

4. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I would go for matt white, e.g 1 :) My CRT has a relatively low output compared to most LCDs and DLPs and looks great on a 1.25 (1.3 being the ideal for a CRT) I got mine from ellie. Great value and very well made screens :smashin: