Nexnix Plasma Warranty

daveb975

I have recently purchased a Panasonic 42PWD6 from Nexnix.

The service has been excellent, and I have taken out the extended warranty. (Years 2&3)

On the site, the warranty is stated as being 'supplied and carried out by Panasonic', but the warranty I have received is from a company called BITS Audiovisual.

I am aware from other threads that Panasonic subcontract their warranty work out to other companies, but should the original agreement not be with Panasonic themselves?

I have spoken to Nexnix, who have told me that BITS are the official repair agents for Panasonic in the UK.

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
For us Barron McCann carry out Panasonic repairs/replacements and I figured that would be the same throughout the country. Either way the warranty is still with Panasonic not the agent

daveb975

Thanks Liam.

Is this the same for the commercial and consumer screens that you supply?

Does it apply both to the standard one year warranty as well as any extended period?

S

simeon

The 1year on site warranty that is shipped with the plasma panels are dealt with directly by Panasonic Technical.... The courier work is sometimes handeled by Baron McCann and also Kay Oniells. Due to a misunderstanding between Nexnix and their supplier, the years 2&3 on site warranty upgrade was sold as an official panasonic warranty. This is of course not the case. The warranty sold is a third party warranty handled by BITS who themselves are a very reputable company who offer a fantastic next working day swap out service, over 50 of these warranties have been shipped in the last 12 months with no complaints regarding service as yet. I hope this information helps eleviate any hesitations that you may have regarding the warranty.

Kindest regards

Simeon dunlop.

J

jmack

dont know anything about the warranty sorry, but i had to send 2 philips plasma back to nexnix and they were great to deal with.
eventually got my toshiba and never looked back, i will deffo use them again when upgradeitus kicks in

A

AV-JAY

I would be very careful with using nexnix, as i found they were not a very friendly company to deal with.Tell you one thing and do another. :thumbsdow