NEWS: Zappiti 4K HDR Players Announced

Is there a way to turn off subtitles by default ?

This page
says there is but the Advanced option doesn't exist when I hit the menu key during movie playback.

Edit

The advanced option is available when playing back files (mkvs etc) but not from BDMV folders.

Is there an option to switch off subtitles for BDMVs ?

Edit again !

It looks like the advanced option is also available when playing BDMVs from the file explorer, just not the media centre. Seems an odd way of doing things.

Last edited:
Depends on your definition of "soon". They are supposed to be coming out with new units sometime during the second half of this year. Whether or not this has been affected by the pandemic remains to be seen.

Any particular reason you called out the Duo specifically? Except for the Pro, they are pretty much all the same except for what inputs/outputs they have, and internal hard drive caddies. The Pro has better picture quality.

Thanks for the info, the reason I mention the duo is because that's the model I'm interested in, if there are new model due this year I may as well wait as I'm not in any particular hurry.

This will be my 1st media player so I also need to invest in a UHD burner as well, I'm looking to save space and rip all of my collection.

Thanks for the info, the reason I mention the duo is because that's the model I'm interested in, if there are new model due this year I may as well wait as I'm not in any particular hurry.

This will be my 1st media player so I also need to invest in a UHD burner as well, I'm looking to save space and rip all of my collection.

I'm waiting for Zappiti to release new player with Realtek RTD1619DR chipset? Rumours are saying this year, but with the pandemic who knows? Just have to be patient.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for Zappiti to release new player with Realtek RTD1619DR chipset? Rumours are saying this year, but with the pandemic who knows? I'm waiting as well. Just have to be patient.
Likewise.

Just bought one of these (the 4K HDR) and am currently comparing it to my Vero 4K+ (with a black Aura theme). So far I'm undecided - they both have their own strengths.

One thing I haven't worked out on the Zappiti: is there any way to stop single movies defaulting to sets? For example, I only own the original Halloween (and don't intend on getting the others), but the Zappiti automatically puts it into the Halloween collection set. I know there's a way manually to ungroup movies, but I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this by default for single films.

One thing I haven't worked out on the Zappiti: is there any way to stop single movies defaulting to sets? For example, I only own the original Halloween (and don't intend on getting the others), but the Zappiti automatically puts it into the Halloween collection set. I know there's a way manually to ungroup movies, but I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this by default for single films.
No, unfortunately if a single film is recognised as belonging to a group then it will be grouped. The only solution is to manually break the connection, then it will appear as a single film again. There is a nuclear option to turn off all groups by default and then everything would be single but that's a poor way of ordering to my mind.

Just bought one of these (the 4K HDR) and am currently comparing it to my Vero 4K+ (with a black Aura theme). So far I'm undecided - they both have their own strengths.

I do most of my organising on the laptop via the Zap Video software, i find it much easier than using the remote control especially if you're organising amd grouping your collection from scratch

Thought as much - thanks for confirming. Only a minor quibble I guess in the grand scheme of things.

I do most of my organising on the laptop via the Zap Video software, i find it much easier than using the remote control especially if you're organising amd grouping your collection from scratch
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Not a fan of zappiti putting all movies into groups, but can be easily fix be deleting group in the settings. It took me a while to figured it out my self. Still amazing player regardless.

Yea, it does seem decent. Too laggy for my liking compared to my Vero, but I prefer the Zappiti's Silver interface to anything else I've found. I also really like that the player provides lots of info on bitrate, audio format etc.

I'm having a problem with it I haven't solved though. When I stop a video it somehow causes my TV to lose the HDMI signal from my AVR, causing my C9 to display "no signal". Changing input on the AVR doesn't solve it - my TV won't display anything from any source on the AVR again until I switch it off and on.

Weirdly, if I stop the film by pressing the home button, instead of the back button, I don't get the loss of signal. So that's a workaround, but not ideal one (as I don't want to have to go back to the main menu).

I've tried switching HDMI cables to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas how to solve it?

Last edited:
Yea, it does seem decent. Too laggy for my liking compared to my Vero, but I prefer the Zappiti's Silver interface to anything else I've found. I also really like that the player provides lots of info on bitrate, audio format etc.

I'm having a problem with it I haven't solved though. When I stop a video it somehow causes my TV to lose the HDMI signal from my AVR, causing my C9 to display "no signal". Changing input on the AVR doesn't solve it - my TV won't display anything from any source on the AVR again until I switch it off and on.

Weirdly, if I stop the film by pressing the home button, instead of the back button, I don't get the loss of signal. So that's a workaround, but not ideal (as I don't want to have to go back to the main menu).

I've tried switching HDMI cables to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas how to solve it?

That’s weird? I have a LG CX and don’t have that issue..

It's strange. I've never seen this behaviour before from other media players etc. I might email Zappiti to see if they have any ideas.

I may be having a "Senior" moment but how does the Zappiti (in my case 4K One SE) refresh it's wall?

I have my films on a network connected NAS. I recently deleted a Blu Ray film and replaced it with a UHD version yet I have BOTH versions showing now on my Movie Wall?

Same also seems to happen on a local USB connected Hard Drive? :confused:

Yes you have to delete the original bluray from the Zappiti Media Centre, via the menu button, or else it will show both. Doesn't matter that you have deleted the bluray from your drive, it will still show in the wall.

A quick option I find when adding different versions is to use the menu button to delete from Zappiti and hard drive at the same time.

It should update when you "start" or open Zappiti video. You should see a message saying "Identification Started". Do you use the Cloud Server or a Local one? Sometimes the Cloud has issues, but they seem to get resolved after a bit. Removing the title from Zappiti, as mtenga said, then exiting and re-entering the Video app, should sort it out.

I actually like running the PC version of the app sometimes and doing an identification that way. (you can get it by downloading the PC server). It's quicker and I can do my edits easier.

Hi all - I am setting up a Zappiti Pro 4k HDR for a friend, looking to utilise a single internal Ironwolf 6tb NAS drive for his content, but for the life of me I can't get it to work (noting I have a Zidoo, ATV, Himedia Q10, and a NAS drive, all of which work without issues). The good news:

- Drive is formatted in NFTS via a PC (was originally in ExFAT via a Mac but after not working I wiped it and started again with the PC / NFTS) - formatted with 64kb partition as per user guide
- In both iterations above, the drive was readable by the Zappiti via USB without issue
- All files are stored in a single folder called 'movies' as a single file titled after the movie

So, the drive works, has content, is readable via USB, but simply will not work when inserted in either of the Zappiti drive bays. I have been at this for 3 days with no luck, and everything online says it should just work. I have checked the Zappiti website and it says all Ironwolf drives are compatible.

I have raised a ticked with Zappiti, but thought I would try here for any other advice? Help me AVForums, you are my only (other) hope...!!!

I’m using the Windows server and it used to start automatically on boot but they took that away due to the need to conserve resources apparently. Any idea how I can force it to start on boot? Startup options through msconfig do not work, meaning I have to click the program on each session.

Hi all - I am setting up a Zappiti Pro 4k HDR for a friend, looking to utilise a single internal Ironwolf 6tb NAS drive for his content, but for the life of me I can't get it to work (noting I have a Zidoo, ATV, Himedia Q10, and a NAS drive, all of which work without issues). The good news:

- Drive is formatted in NFTS via a PC (was originally in ExFAT via a Mac but after not working I wiped it and started again with the PC / NFTS) - formatted with 64kb partition as per user guide
- In both iterations above, the drive was readable by the Zappiti via USB without issue
- All files are stored in a single folder called 'movies' as a single file titled after the movie

So, the drive works, has content, is readable via USB, but simply will not work when inserted in either of the Zappiti drive bays. I have been at this for 3 days with no luck, and everything online says it should just work. I have checked the Zappiti website and it says all Ironwolf drives are compatible.

I have raised a ticked with Zappiti, but thought I would try here for any other advice? Help me AVForums, you are my only (other) hope...!!!

I don't think they csan use NAS drives but I'm happy to be corrected.

You can as I used the same ones before putting in my NAS. I just can’t remember how I formatted them in the first place.

You might be onto something here actually - just looked on the their website for pre-formatted drives, and it mentions this in the opening spraff (this is the same model, just a larger drive size):

Internal hard drive SEAGATE 3.5 '' SATA 6.0 Gb / s7200 rpm dedicated to NAS servers. Preformatted by default in NTFS. Mac OS formatting on demand. Not suitable for media players.

Merde, as the french would say...

Merde indeed.

You might be onto something here actually - just looked on the their website for pre-formatted drives, and it mentions this in the opening spraff (this is the same model, just a larger drive size):

Internal hard drive SEAGATE 3.5 '' SATA 6.0 Gb / s7200 rpm dedicated to NAS servers. Preformatted by default in NTFS. Mac OS formatting on demand. Not suitable for media players.

Merde, as the french would say...

No mate, I’ve got ironwolf drives, I used an 8tb internally until my nas arrived, it worked fine.

You must just be lucky! I have had to order a new drive as this one flat refuses to work.

No mate, I’ve got ironwolf drives, I used an 8tb internally until my nas arrived, it worked fine.

Turns out you are both correct. Zappiti have just replied saying that the Ironwolf model is not compatible with any player except the 4k Pro.

Which is bad news for me as that means it should have worked and I am back to square 1. Balls.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom