NEWS: Zappiti 4K HDR Players Announced

It might be time to park my venerable old Dune H1 and go for a Zappiti 4K player:).

wow
I don't think there will ever be a product you guys are happy with
When I use a physical disc there is no wall art or synopsis and I have never considered that sub par to my enjoyment of a movie
yes at times I have used the BR menu

I am well OCD but for me I turn the Zap on select a film and it plays without incident from start to finish job done
but then I have a collection of films not a collection of media players
I suppose to each there own even OPPO 203 owners are not happy that it only plays films

Strange occurence last night. When I clicked "movies", the only thing showing was the icon for all my grouped media and no individual movies. The categories were not working either. Looks like a server communication fault of some sort. Anyone else see, or has seen, similar?

Strange occurence last night. When I clicked "movies", the only thing showing was the icon for all my grouped media and no individual movies. The categories were not working either. Looks like a server communication fault of some sort. Anyone else see, or has seen, similar?
I used categories and watched a movie last night and there was no issues

Hi
Most of my films appear under 'explorer' with only a handful actually in 'movies'. I've read some instructions about how to get it across to the movies folder but can't quite understand what they are talking about.

Could somebody explain it to me in easy steps please?

Thanks very much

Hi
Most of my films appear under 'explorer' with only a handful actually in 'movies'. I've read some instructions about how to get it across to the movies folder but can't quite understand what they are talking about.

Thanks very much
That's strange all my films are in Movies, explorer and categories and can be found using the alphabet search

Hi

Thanks very much
First important thing is to make sure your TV shows and Movies are in separate folders. You can have as many folders as you like but each can only contain one type of material. Second thing is to make sure they are named correctly. Use TMDb and TVDb to check the naming of the movies if necessary. Those are the two databases the scraper will check.

Are these the instructions that you read?

Zappiti Video: Quick Start Guide (Full Process) – Ideas Proposals for New Features / Idées et suggestions

Takes a bit of effort, whichever media centre you use, but worth it.

Oddly, having added and identified one move I had added to my collection today, ZMC brought in the technical data. I tried another few movies I had scraped the other week where it hadn't the, and for about half it pulled in the tech data, and half it remained blank as before. It's like it's looking at an incomplete database. None of the tiltes are unpopular, all typical Hollywood fare.

It's like it's looking at an incomplete database.
As I said above they have acknowledged the one scrape of technical data per session problem and will fix in a future firmware update. If you were getting a few to scrape per session you have been luckier than me. They did say numerous versions of the same title can be added to the database to cover the variations.

Yeah, I was just very (pleasantly) surprised that it had managed to scrape some further data before the next firmware update, and it uodated it on an existing file as well as the new one. I tried deleting a couple of entries on the same collection and re-identifying, but it then didn't bring in any more.

My Zappiti died last night, what a bummer. USB factory reset did nothing. 21 months is not good.

My Zappiti died last night, what a bummer. USB factory reset did nothing. 21 months is not good.
Sorry to hear that:( i believe 24 months guarantee so contact the zap support and good luck;)

Yep cheers. I've contacted them this morning so hopefully they will do the honourable thing. I thought it was 12 months not 24 but either way these things should be lasting ten years :facepalm:

Anyway, perhaps its an opportuntiy to justifiably buy the new Zidoo "Z" series :D

Yep cheers. I've contacted them this morning so hopefully they will do the honourable thing. I thought it was 12 months not 24 but either way these things should be lasting ten years :facepalm:

Anyway, perhaps its an opportuntiy to justifiably buy the new Zidoo "Z" series :D
Man ,you get frustrated no red curtains and still no expanded info and good poster matching ;)
you know new products new troubles:facepalm:

I believe in the Eu and you are still in it:D it's 24 months

Man ,you get frustrated no red curtains and still no expanded info and good poster matching ;)
you know new products new troubles:facepalm:
Yes the Media Center on Zidoo is rank. But at least its got a clock on front :D

Yep I just checked and it is stated as 2 years warranty on the Zap website so should be OK. Just a nuisance having to ship it back :confused:

Edited for you, there are many that like it.
No accounting for taste in this world.

Non-identification of material, inability to differentiate between titles of the same name, hours required to fix numeric or single word titles, inexplicable blank posters. All fact not opinion.

No accounting for taste in this world.
Now you're being personal, which probably says a lot about you as a person.

Non-identification of material, inability to differentiate between titles of the same name, hours required to fix numeric or single word titles, inexplicable blank posters. All fact not opinion.
I have a modest collection compared to most (circa 400 films), and have had to manually rematch less than 10 of them. I've not had any problems with single word titles, such as Argo, Battleship, Baywatch, Chappie, Coco, Criminal, etc., but recognise these are not obscure films.

My issue with your comment(s) is that they are neither balanced or objective. I think every man and his dog knows that you do not like the Zidoo Home Theatre app, but to say that it is "rank" is stretching the truth somewhat.

Now you're being personal, which probably says a lot about you as a person.

I have a modest collection compared to most (circa 400 films), and have had to manually rematch less than 10 of them. I've not had any problems with single word titles, such as Argo, Battleship, Baywatch, Chappie, Coco, Criminal, etc., but recognise these are not obscure films.

My issue with your comment(s) is that they are neither balanced or objective. I think every man and his dog knows that you do not like the Zidoo Home Theatre app, but to say that it is "rank" is stretching the truth somewhat.
Who are you? The purveyor of truth and description. I am sick of your humourless school kid sensitivity and you are now on ignore.

Zappiti CS said it might be the power supply and suggested using another 12V lead. So i did, and no good unfortunately. So looks like I've got a kosher dead unit. Waiting to see on a return but i certainly want another and to continue with this brand despite such an early failure.

Now Zidoo and Dune are getting new cases I wonder whether Zappiti will? They all come from the same OEM which is Zidoo I believe, though Zappiti has its own shell whereas the other two share similar.

Zappiti CS said it might be the power supply and suggested using another 12V lead. So i did, and no good unfortunately. So looks like I've got a kosher dead unit. Waiting to see on a return but i certainly want another and to continue with this brand despite such an early failure.

Now Zidoo and Dune are getting new cases I wonder whether Zappiti will? They all come from the same OEM which is Zidoo I believe, though Zappiti has its own shell whereas the other two share similar.[/QUOTE

You are going for the mini again ? Maybe early 2019 they will release their new boxes , they can't afford to stay behind too much.:)

Yes the current series will have been out two years come December and others are refreshing. Let’s see what they offer me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom