NEWS: Yamaha launches YH-L700A headphone with 3D Sound Field

Ive no idea of the value of the 3D thing. But it might be excellent for films.

However the reason they are on the list to replace my older Harman Kardons is that they look awesome.

@SimonST these might be worth a look, although they're about £200 in Australia at the moment, so I'd be waiting on some price drops :D
Only thing is, one reviewer said they're not quite as comfortable as the Sonys, which would be a shame, although if you just used them for one movie sessions, it might be okay. Reckoned they sounded much better though. Oh and they're BT5.0

edit: don't think they can be paired to more than one device simultaneously though :(

£200? are you sure? That sounds mighty cheap. They aren’t for sale here yet, but I’m sure I saw a price tag of around £350.

Hopefully the street price is lower as the article says

"Available in August 2021 the YH-L700A will be priced at £449."

🤔

@SimonST these might be worth a look, although they're about £200 in Australia at the moment, so I'd be waiting on some price drops :D
Only thing is, one reviewer said they're not quite as comfortable as the Sonys, which would be a shame, although if you just used them for one movie sessions, it might be okay. Reckoned they sounded much better though. Oh and they're BT5.0

edit: don't think they can be paired to more than one device simultaneously though :(
:rolleyes::rotfl::laugh::love:

£200? are you sure? That sounds mighty cheap. They aren’t for sale here yet, but I’m sure I saw a price tag of around £350.
Yamaha YH-L700A Active Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Wireless Headphones

Not sure if they have taxes on top, but still much cheaper.

Bluetooth 5.0 makes a significant difference. Comparing to BT 4.2, BT 5.0 can transmit up to eight times more data with twice the speed. It makes a tremendous difference.

Regarding the price - if the price is in £, then I assume the taxes are already included.

With the Yamaha 3D Sound Field and incredibly original looks, it could be an interesting proposition.

I’d like to hear them. But while not everyone will agree, and it probably doesn’t mater, but I think they look stunning from an aesthetic point of view. Much better than the Ugly as hell Apple headphones. As I say, not that important, but we do have to wear them…

I’d like to hear them. But while not everyone will agree, and it probably doesn’t mater, but I think they look stunning from an aesthetic point of view. Much better than the Ugly as hell Apple headphones. As I say, not that important, but we do have to wear them…
Yeah they definitely look better than the hipster apple ones :rotfl:

I agree they look so much nicer than AirPods Max, and it sounds like they might be just as good and a lot cheaper... Gotta keep my eyes on these As they seem like a direct competitor to the Apple flagship cans. Hope they don’t sound like the Sony XM4 garbage. I understand they can be used wired too, but I don’t know what cable is used - that should make them usable with PS5 for their gaming 3D sound too

I agree they look so much nicer than AirPods Max, and it sounds like they might be just as good and a lot cheaper... Gotta keep my eyes on these As they seem like a direct competitor to the Apple flagship cans. Hope they don’t sound like the Sony XM4 garbage. I understand they can be used wired too, but I don’t know what cable is used - that should make them usable with PS5 for their gaming 3D sound too
Overall, I am excited to give them a try, but there are a few points I am afraid of.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this model offers only 3 buttons: ANC mode, Power Button (which is also a battery status) and the 3D button. It is a shame Yamaha did not include the volume buttons. Also, I think some people would be happy if it offered a multi-point.

However, ultimately it comes down to the SQ, which I heard is fantastic. The build quality is solid. The design is fascinating. I look forward to this experience.

I’m not one of those who might be peeved by the lack of volume adjustment.

On the go I’ll always use my phone for that.

A headphone vc might be useful, but since my Walkmans in the 80s I’ve gotten used to the volume being on the playing device.

With headphones I’ve had with volume control built in, it has not always been accurate or easy to get a finger on it.

But most of the time I just forget it’s there 🤷🏼‍♂️

You can always use them passively. Also, for wireless experience you don't really need this app to use your headphones. You will have to use it for the firmware updates. Other features are extras.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom