NEWS: Xiaomi unveils Mi TV Master 77 4K OLED TV

Hopefully same price in £s and the more manufacturers that do 77 the cheaper they will become

A 77" OLED for under £3k WOW but it won't come here at those prices, or will it 😍 we can but hope. Drop the sound system though as I have my own, far far better and drop the price to £2.5k for the 77" and I would be ordering one straight away should they come over here.

Interesting!

Agree with others though, Unlikely to come here and if it does will be 5K :facepalm:

So this is in house RGB oled and not WRGB from LG Display?.....

Xiaomi has previously used LGD panels, but these may be by local manufacturer BOE.

Xiaomii?

I’ve literally never heard of them before reading this review. Do they have a good & well established pedigree in making TVs and other products for Asian markets?

Regards,
James.

Xiaomii?

I’ve literally never heard of them before reading this review. Do they have a good & well established pedigree in making TVs and other products for Asian markets?

Regards,
James.
They seem to make so much stuff that I'm willing to bet they don't even know what they make. Cheap Chinese rubbish

They seem to make so much stuff that I'm willing to bet they don't even know what they make. Cheap Chinese rubbish

Not sure I agree with that. They are like a typical Korean or Japanese conglomerate who make a number of things within the same group e.g. Hyundai makes warships and cars.

I have some odds and ends from Xiaomii and they have been good quality.

Not sure I agree with that. They are like a typical Korean or Japanese conglomerate who make a number of things within the same group e.g. Hyundai makes warships and cars.

I have some odds and ends from Xiaomii and they have been good quality.
Like the Indian company Tata, they make everything from umbrellas to trains and even SAP consultancy.

Xiaomii?

Regards,
James.
just overtaken Apple as the 2nd biggest selling mobile phone company, they are a global electronics giant

not sure of their pedigree in TV tbf

just overtaken Apple as the 2nd biggest selling mobile phone company, they are a global electronics giant

not sure of their pedigree in TV tbf

Wow. I had no idea. I also see Oppo on the list. I’ve no idea what they do now, since ending UHD Blu-ray production. If the quality of the Oppo 203 is anything to go by, the quality of their other products should also be very high.

Regards,
James.

I'd consider a 77" if they ever hit the EU. Mind it would have to drop to 2.5k first and would have to see what the software was like. WebOS is hard to beat.

Wow. I had no idea. I also see Oppo on the list. I’ve no idea what they do now, since ending UHD Blu-ray production. If the quality of the Oppo 203 is anything to go by, the quality of their other products should also be very high.

Regards,
James.
I have an OPPO Zoom 10x phone for about two years now, and I should say I am very pleased with it.
Build quality is very good.
The form factor without notches or camera bumps is what appealed to me in the first place.
Features are there as what you'd expect from any flagship device.
Updates are regular and in time.
Price in Aliexpress: 500€

You brought me 15 years back in time with this "Cheap Chinese Rubbish".
But, you are not completely wrong.
Cheap? Yes.
Rubbish? No.
For the first time this year, Xiaomi is the biggest phone maker company in terms of number of devices sold.
I like their philosophy for not spending too much money on marketing or retail stores.
Instead invest the money on R&D and quality of the products.
It has paid in the mid term. They are a relatively new company compared to the likes of Apple, Samsung or even Huawei, but leading the way.

Now, TVs are a different game than phones.
But, I would wait before give a negative opinion about a product from Xiaomi as I have used in the past different types of products from them (phones, led lights, electric scooter etc.) and I must say that I have been very pleased with the quality and durability of those products.

I, also bought a 500€, 55", LED TV (Xiaomi MI 4s) for my parents, and, though it's not a tv for me (it's a LED), I would say that it is more than acceptable for the price.

Especially the user interface is very fluid compared to my old 65EF950V from LG that I paid about 4500€ back in 2016. Why I am saying that? Often my TV restarts to "free up some memory" and the user interface is so slow that I have learned the sequence of key presses by hart and just execute them and wait for actions to happen.
I would expected that a better processor and more RAM and storage should have been included in my high end TV. This what XIAOMI normally does, like in the 77" version announced: 8.5GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, and all the features you'd expect from an high end TV, and half the price.

In paper this is a winner, but, of course, I would expect a full review here if this would be possible.

Xiaomi actually overtook Samsung in June...: Counterpoint Research 5th August. This without any presence in the huge US market too...

I have a Pocofone, Miband 2, 3, 4 and 5, Body Composition 2 Scales; always found their stuff excellent. Suspect their TVs will be no different, only time and reviews will tell though.

The real standout developments will be in robots and cars, a huge reach for the company IMHO but certainly one to watch...

Have to laugh at the usual generic 'Chinese-made rubbish' comments by people who have 1000s of items in their possession made in China that work without issue, and which would've been unaffordable if made anywhere else 🙄

Does anyone have any news on this? Can we hope for a review here?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom