NEWS: Virgin TV adds Sky movies and shows in Ultra HD

New Customers only - anything for the Loyal Customers :thumbsdow

New Customers only - anything for the Loyal Customers :thumbsdow
Every post of this does not read very easily or written differently.

It's "free" for new customers who sign up the Ultimate Oomph package.

But its an extra £6 for current customers who are already paying for sky movies.

I think

Upgraded to this as you can cancel after 30days
Where are the entertainment programmes , I can find 162 movies .
How often are new movies added etc no info at all on virgin site

Should go on the Virgin 360 Forum UO Bundle subscribers kicking off about having to pay £6 extra even though they already have the top bundle and most of them have had new boxes etc.. on the back of this
I done a webchat yesterday about adding this and "whoever" typing back was keen as Custard to sign me up , when I asked I should get this for free as a UO Bundle holder and wont pay for it
it was thanks you sir can i help you with anything else.....obviously had grief all day about it

I was offered a one-off £10 bill credit to sign up at £6.25 per month. I'm currently on Ultimate Oomph, after telling them I was already on the highest package plus Prime and Netflix. I said leave it for now, bit I may try again.

I was offered a one-off £10 bill credit to sign up at £6.25 per month. I'm currently on Ultimate Oomph, after telling them I was already on the highest package plus Prime and Netflix. I said leave it for now, bit I may try again.
Hi Dave.
Yes if they don't give it to you soon....
Wait a few months and it will be free or a £1
In fact subscribers who have purchased it are saying its not working anyway 🤦

Hi Dave.
Yes if they don't give it to you soon....
Wait a few months and it will be free or a £1
In fact subscribers who have purchased it are saying its not working anyway 🤦
I don't mind paying the extra, but what I object to is that new customers don't have to. Loyalty gets you nowhere.

The upgrade to sky cinema uhd option is broke in the TV guide - poor

This email from Virgin sent by a moderator is on the Virgin help forum

sky ultra HD subscription ain’t working right now, the relevant codes are not available. It has been suspended for a short time to get it working

1. Sky entertainment being readded correctly not just discovery bar.

2. The subscribe codes needed are not on the virgin media system.

3. Misleading info on the purchase screen for new customers “

Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD

Sky Sports HD, Sky Cinema Ultra HD, BT Sport Ultimate, Virgin TV Ultra HD in diamond-clear Ultra HD
Enjoy Ultra HD through Prime Video and Netflix (if you subscribe)
Watch and stream on all your screens with Virgin TV 360 £6 per month
4. Also the ooommmpph bundle could also be getting updated this week to add this in the price, this might require a new contract

Its not likely to be solved before Monday at the moment and calling customer services right now can’t fix it and there is a message being added to the telephone lines explaining this and virgin media advisors have no further information at the time

This email from Virgin sent by a moderator is on the Virgin help forum

sky ultra HD subscription ain’t working right now, the relevant codes are not available. It has been suspended for a short time to get it working

1. Sky entertainment being readded correctly not just discovery bar.

2. The subscribe codes needed are not on the virgin media system.

3. Misleading info on the purchase screen for new customers “

Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD

Sky Sports HD, Sky Cinema Ultra HD, BT Sport Ultimate, Virgin TV Ultra HD in diamond-clear Ultra HD
Enjoy Ultra HD through Prime Video and Netflix (if you subscribe)
Watch and stream on all your screens with Virgin TV 360 £6 per month
4. Also the ooommmpph bundle could also be getting updated this week to add this in the price, this might require a new contract

Its not likely to be solved before Monday at the moment and calling customer services right now can’t fix it and there is a message being added to the telephone lines explaining this and virgin media advisors have no further information at the time
Explains it then - thanks - now for sky sports in UHD would be the icing on the cake 👍

I think its way out of line TBH , having the everything bundle means....
And then hang on that's everything and £6 extra for UHD 🤦

I think its way out of line TBH , having the everything bundle means....
And then hang on that's everything and £6 extra for UHD 🤦
Free to new customers only also stings - where’s the loyalty bonus?

so what’s the latest?

so what’s the latest?
Hey
From the Forms , a few people have signed up but the next row is about is it actually UHD ( Which it doesn't seem to be) lots of them are saying it looks no different , but a guy who does know what he is on about said it is .....??
Still not impressing me especially as it could still be showing in HD 🤔😉

Hey
From the Forms , a few people have signed up but the next row is about is it actually UHD ( Which it doesn't seem to be) lots of them are saying it looks no different , but a guy who does know what he is on about said it is .....??
Still not impressing me especially as it could still be showing in HD 🤔😉
Your TV info button will tell you what resolution its being broadcast in?

Hi
On the Virgin remote Which button ?
I use my LG one most of the time 😉

Cheers

Your TV info button will tell you what resolution its being broadcast in?
If it's the 360 box then it will only let you output in one resolution (where as the Tivo box let's you select multiple and will switch them)
So even if the film is in HD quality it will display the output resolution as UHD if that's the output resolution you have selected, I assume the box will do some up scaling from HD to UHD resolutions.

If it's the 360 box then it will only let you output in one resolution (where as the Tivo box let's you select multiple and will switch them)
So even if the film is in HD quality it will display the output resolution as UHD if that's the output resolution you have selected, I assume the box will do some up scaling from HD to UHD resolutions.
Thanks how do you action this spud ?

I think this has been a problem for people they have tried this and see UHD even when it probably isn't

Cheers

On my V6 box if I set the video output to 1080i and upwards to 2160p I assume the V6 box will then output what ever the original broadcast video output actually is - so HD on a Virgin V6 is mostly output at 1080i ( I get this confirmed on my Onkyo receiver info button) then if I switch to the Virgin UHD channel the info button says it’s outputting 4K (3840x2160) so try and see if the same is happening with the UHD films

Thanks KWB
As said by spud seems to be a different set up with V360, looks like it upscales automatically !

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom