NEWS: Virgin Media announces new TV 360 service

In general I'm pretty happy with the update to 360. It feels much more responsive, layout is cleaner, the remote is less cluttered and the voice control works well. The user option is also useful to create your own guide. Setup was simple and the single v6/tv off function is nice. The removal of when a show was first aired or whether it's a new show is annoying. Looking forward to adding to the 2 V6's with mini box's upstairs when available.

In general I'm pretty happy with the update to 360. It feels much more responsive, layout is cleaner, the remote is less cluttered and the voice control works well. The user option is also useful to create your own guide. Setup was simple and the single v6/tv off function is nice. The removal of when a show was first aired or whether it's a new show is annoying. Looking forward to adding to the 2 V6's with mini box's upstairs when available.
Is that with the V6 and the new remote or the new 360 STB?

Existing V6's and 2 new remotes. My intension was to run the update over the weekend but I never got the time. Wife texted me at work Monday morning asking why had I broken both the TV's. Virgin must have auto started it, which I had read about. All was well after about 30 minutes. It takes a little while to get used to it but generally I think its much better. Most of the complaints I've seen aren't a particular issue for me.

Thanks for letting us know.

I've just got an email confirming:
Screenshot_20201215-171201.png

So I guess they are sending a 360 box and expect me to post the V6 back to them?

EDIT sorry for the giant screenshot - uploaded rom my mobile

I think their wording is poor and confusing. Looking back at my emails:

Your new package now includes:
TV: Virgin TV 360 box
We've removed:
TV: Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo

Suggests a change of hardware but I think, like me you'll just get the remotes and the new software

Existing customers updated v6 boxes but the latest update version 4.28 is causing all sorts of problems

Ah, OK, thanks. Is the switch timed by them? Or, if I don't tart the upgrade nothing will happen and I will stay on the original equipment/software?

Losing recordings while still remaining a customer for the V6 upgrades is a bit poor.

Software is very buggy lots of problems they are apparently in the process of sorting it out , it’s been nearly 3 weeks

Got the remote and did the SW upgrade/switch. There were no issues.

As has been mentioned you lose your previous recordings.

So far I've not had any issues with the new sw. It is quicker than the old TiVo system and looks more up-to-date, if that means anything. The remote is definitely nicer, though the voice control functionality is just as much of a gimmick as it is with Google/Amazon/Apple, but, if Star Trek circa 1966 type modernity is your bag, it works.

I did the upgrade last week 2 V6 boxes with new remotes and no issues but took a bit longer than I expected for the last bit to update channel listings.

So far I like it quick neat interface and the only thing for me that needs sorted is the series link options which is supposed to be coming soon.

I did the upgrade last week 2 V6 boxes with new remotes and no issues but took a bit longer than I expected for the last bit to update channel listings.

So far I like it quick neat interface and the only thing for me that needs sorted is the series link options which is supposed to be coming soon.
It looks like the fix is half implemented at the moment, there's a drop down for episodes to record but there is only 1 option - to record all episodes.

Still confused. Our package says TV, full house. In the upgrade section it offers something called Maxit for a bit extra per month. I don't see any mention of anything called..oomph.

If you only have one TV and one V6 box, is this 360 box pointless? Is it mainly about multi room? We've never recorded anything, and just use the V6 to watch TV. Then use the TV apps for stuff on Netflix, prime etc.

From what I've read, I can't see any advantage of the new box. Can't see any disadvantage either :laugh:

Still confused. Our package says TV, full house. In the upgrade section it offers something called Maxit for a bit extra per month. I don't see any mention of anything called..oomph.

If you only have one TV and one V6 box, is this 360 box pointless? Is it mainly about multi room? We've never recorded anything, and just use the V6 to watch TV. Then use the TV apps for stuff on Netflix, prime etc.

From what I've read, I can't see any advantage of the new box. Can't see any disadvantage either :laugh:
"Maxit" refers to the TV package, "Oomph" is the overall package including phone, broadband and mobile SIM.

The 360 isn't really about multi room, it is a new software for the V6 box. It has a far better UI (IMHO) than the old system and comes with voice control. There's no drastic advantage over the old system really.

"Maxit" refers to the TV package, "Oomph" is the overall package including phone, broadband and mobile SIM.

The 360 isn't really about multi room, it is a new software for the V6 box. It has a far better UI (IMHO) than the old system and comes with voice control. There's no drastic advantage over the old system really.
Ah. Ok. Thanks for that. Not with them for mobile, so probably not getting it then. Yet anyway!

When I log in to virgin, I don't see the 360 mentioned.

Thanks for the help.

But there is 1 drastic disadvantage at the moment,the inability to select just new shows to record in series link.For that alone I wouldn't want to 'upgrade'

But there is 1 drastic disadvantage at the moment,the inability to select just new shows to record in series link.For that alone I wouldn't want to 'upgrade'

Same here. There's also the fact that you can't undelete anything coupled with it asking every time if you are sure you want to delete - both of those would drive me insane.

My initial impressions are positive. Received the main 360 box and a mini. Set up was simple. My son and I watched Bad Boys for life last night on the mini in our family room and I was very impressed with the picture. It looked 4k!

The 360 offer is not anything to do with additional services, channels or benefits. 360 is basically Virgin Media (Liberty Global) getting rid of the TiVo software and replacing it with a concoction of their own making.

Every VM customer will eventually have this software. In the meantime, you are not gaining anything by implimenting it before you have to.

Those expecting VM to restore features that were once readilly available via the TiVo softe=wate are going to be very dissappointed. TiVo patent nearly every aspect of their software and how it operates and are very apt to taking any cable company or operator to court if they infringe upon these patents. Virgin Media's software is not and never will emulate some of the features associated with TiVo.

I’ve noticed the 360 box is picking up Atmos ok on the Netflix app. This didn’t work for me on the V6. No DolbyVision though so I’m still not using it lol

Does anyone know if the remote also works with IR and uses the same signals as previous one? Main concern is we use a logitech harmony system at home so would be annoying if that can no longer independently control the box...

Does anyone know if the remote also works with IR and uses the same signals as previous one? Main concern is we use a logitech harmony system at home so would be annoying if that can no longer independently control the box...
Yes, you need to set your Harmony to control a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" in order to operate the V360.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom