NEWS THREAD: Xbox Series X price and launch date finally confirmed

StefanBFC

I can't make my mind up on this, unless you've an 8k panel, I don't see why selling my current x and upgrading offers me anything. That said I'll probably buy it 😢

adbailey18

Excellent that they have confirmed £449, I was expecting £499 at least so I'm really pleased with the launch price.

Be interesting to see Sony pricing next, £349 digital £449 disc? Can't see them announcing a higher price than the X...

They could surprise everyone though maybe £399/$429 physical? I read a lot about how Sony doesn't have the reserves to sell at too much of a loss but if one thing they have got is a massive loyal fanbase and there is no doubt it will sell bucketloads regardless!!

Either way, good times to be a console gamer whatever side of the fence your on!

adbailey18

I can't make my mind up on this, unless you've an 8k panel, I don't see why selling my current x and upgrading offers me anything. That said I'll probably buy it 😢
There are loads of benefits to upgrading from an X, increased/more stable frame rate, faster load times, definitely much improved graphical fidelity etc.

The only thing you'll see hitting 8K is the more indie style games, it will be few and far between I think so I wouldn't even factor in having an 8K panel as important imo.

StefanBFC

There are loads of benefits to upgrading from an X, increased/more stable frame rate, faster load times, definitely much improved graphical fidelity etc.

The only thing you'll see hitting 8K is the more indie style games, it will be few and far between I think so I wouldn't even factor in having an 8K panel as important imo.
Well an 8k panel is a whike off yet, probably spent 5k on sound.
The new prices are really tempting £450, reckon I'd get £200 for my X scorpio. So £250ish is really tempting. I've always found Game actually offer a decent trade in for old consoles too.

adbailey18

Well an 8k panel is a whike off yet, probably spent 5k on sound.
The new prices are really tempting £450, reckon I'd get £200 for my X scorpio. So £250ish is really tempting. I've always found Game actually offer a decent trade in for old consoles too.
Yeah I preempted the cost so sold my One X on here for £210, and had £117 in vouchers for currys. Combined with buying more vouchers via an 8% work scheme it's not really costing me that much :)

StefanBFC

adbailey18

gonna say prices of the Xbox one X are going to tank now the £250 Series S is annouced sell today !
You would think so, having a disc drive though is what keeps it a viable option, after all the performance of it is nothing to complain about really.

I would potentially get a Series S as a back up, but due to being digital it's no good to me. I'll keep my Cyberpunk console for now as where that is situated I tend to watch my 4K blu's.

Probably swap that out for another Series X when we start seeing price drops and/or bundles.

adbailey18

No one talking about EA Play(formally EA Access/Origin Access) getting bundled with Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass PC?
Its great news, but nothing on there I'm interested in, might give NFS Heat a try though.

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Just need to decide where to preorder, was thinking amazon or MS online store. Never ordered a console direct from MS before and Amazon screwed up my last launch order.

I might just go Amazon again as its quite easy to get refunds and exchanges from them.

Last edited:

adbailey18

Just need to decide where to preorder, was thinking amazon or MS online store. Never ordered a console direct from MS before and Amazon screwed up my last launch order.
What happened with Amazon? Would MS deliver it on release day, pretty much guaranteed from Amazon.

I'm hoping I can order for collection from currys!

gunner84

Distinguished Member
What happened with Amazon? Would MS deliver it on release day, pretty much guaranteed from Amazon.

I'm hoping I can order for collection from currys!
They mucked up a lot of xbox x launch day orders, too many orders not enough stock. Hopefully they won't have a repeat this time.

adbailey18

They mucked up a lot of xbox x launch day orders, too many orders not enough stock. Hopefully they won't have a repeat this time.
I must of been one of the lucky ones as mine came from Amazon! Recenty had the Cyberpunk console too.

gunner84

Distinguished Member
No one talking about EA Play(formally EA Access/Origin Access) getting bundled with Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass PC?
I read it's the basic sub and there is another ea play pro sub that cost more. Still you get older games for free, and 10 hours playtime of new games plus discount on new digital games I believe. So to have that for free bundled into game pass is pretty sweet.

Beardy101

I read it's the basic sub and there is another ea play pro sub that cost more. Still you get older games for free, and 10 hours playtime of new games plus discount on new digital games I believe. So to have that for free bundled into game pass is pretty sweet.
I'm pretty interested by this. Not too worried about new EA releases. Don't play FIFA, but I recently tried the EA pass for 79p (or what ever it was) for a month and enjoyed getting back into the battlefield franchise.
Edit: my ultimate runs out this month and was going to ditch it. Maybe keep gold as my son plays Fortnite. But EA play may bring me back.

xxGBHxx

I think £29 a month for the X with Ultimate and EA play on All Access is a decent deal. I already have Ultimate/EA Play both due to run out in Nov 2021 so this works out spot on. Not sure I could justify £450 in one hit then £11 a month for the amount I play but £29 a month with everything included? Very tempting indeed.

That said it's true of course that you could get it slightly cheaper as there's "deals" on cheaper ultimate keys to be had but against MS retail price it's still cheaper so you're effectively getting the console on slightly better than 24 months interest free payment terms.

G

adbailey18

Yeah to be fair I would be more inclined to pay £29 a month for a series X plus all the passes than I would a new mobile phone which if you wanted top spec can easily surpass £45 a month!