NEWS: The Mandalorian returns to Disney Plus on 30th Oct

Is this in the UK or just the US.

Great news if the UK. I was half expecting that they would leave the UK until next March to encourage subscription renewals. The 30th October date ties in nicely with US subscription renewals.

Cheers,

Nigel

There isn't really a lot for me to watch on Disney+, kids are all grown up and while I have found things to watch I have exhausted everything I wanted to see.

So I think for me anyway will wait until all episodes are available to watch and then subscribe for a month and watch them all over a weekend.

Is this in the UK or just the US.

Great news if the UK. I was half expecting that they would leave the UK until next March to encourage subscription renewals. The 30th October date ties in nicely with US subscription renewals.

Cheers,

Nigel
Hi Nigel, the announcement is on the Disney+ UK Facebook page, so looking good for the UK too.

There isn't really a lot for me to watch on Disney+, kids are all grown up and while I have found things to watch I have exhausted everything I wanted to see.

Agree, my original plan was to take it out for a month just to watch The Mandalorian, but then I was tempted by the early bird annual subscription offer.

I think Disney+ is very nicely presented, easy to use, it delivers the content well - it’s just that if you don’t have young children there isn’t a lot there.

I have watched Clone Wars, The Mandalorian and a couple of films and feel I have got my money worth but I can’t see anything that would encourage me to take it out for a second year. Getting the second season of The Mandalorian in the first year membership is a bonus.

Cheers,

Nigel

Theres talk of the fox stuff being added to disney+ which would provide more adult oriented material via a pin number, I hope so

Theres talk of the fox stuff being added to disney+ which would provide more adult oriented material via a pin number, I hope so
Indeed, here's the recent news item. However, there's also the possibility of a separately branded Disney Star platform being the deliverer of such content. Disney CEO Bob Chapek has expressed doubt about Hulu's draw beyond the U.S. and feels that Star would get more traction. So they have a couple of options.

So glad they aren't doing different dates for different countries this time. Struggled so hard to avoid spoilers on the first season as social media and YouTube kept trying to show me spoilers.

Indeed, here's the recent news item. However, there's also the possibility of a separately branded Disney Star platform being the deliverer of such content. Disney CEO Bob Chapek has expressed doubt about Hulu's draw beyond the U.S. and feels that Star would get more traction. So they have a couple of options.

well if they want another sub, and its not part of the current sub they can sod off

Yes enjoyed mandalorian and season 2 is welcome. Apart from that I have only really watched clone wars on Disney+. Signed up for a year so got till next March, hopefully by early 2021 we get some marvel stuff which was why i signed up in the first place - george

Not trying to be a killjoy but why does this series return warrant a special news post of its own? :)

This may seem like a stupid question but will this series be released on Blu-ray eventually? I have read Season 1 is good but cannot justify a subscription just to watch this.

This may seem like a stupid question but will this series be released on Blu-ray eventually? I have read Season 1 is good but cannot justify a subscription just to watch this.

Can't you just pay £6 for a month, watch all of S1 and cancel?

The first season was crushingly average. They could have fit the whole season into an episode. Let's hope for better pacing and a bit more substance in its second year.

It's Star Wars. HTH's :)

Yeah, I suspected as much. There are far better shows out there though that don't get this special newsflash treatment. Not to worry!

I was under the impression everything on Disney+ stayed.

I’m doubting whether to bother now

Yeah, I suspected as much. There are far better shows out there though that don't get this special newsflash treatment. Not to worry!
What? Better shows? Surely not :eek:

I don’t have an issue with the coverage. It is Star Wars after all. That always gets attention. And I‘m pleased to have some new content that I’ll actually watch on DIsney+ as it‘s been poor so far.

At this rate, it'll be seen as something to watch on Disney!
I liked it but found it way, way over hyped and certainly not worth a yearly sub.
As noted above, once you've sped by Star Wars material and some films it's out.
Unless they get their finger out and produce their own 15+ material, then whatever they tag on (from Hulu etc.) will be irrelevant, as those shows will be available elsewhere.

At this rate, it'll be seen as something to watch on Disney!
I liked it but found it way, way over hyped and certainly not worth a yearly sub.
As noted above, once you've sped by Star Wars material and some films it's out.
Unless they get their finger out and produce their own 15+ material, then whatever they tag on (from Hulu etc.) will be irrelevant, as those shows will be available elsewhere.

They played an absolute blinder hooking people in with that year deal.

Great if you've got kids, but I'm just waiting for all this TV stuff to appear. Plus I pretty much already own everything of interest it has.

The first season was crushingly average. They could have fit the whole season into an episode. Let's hope for better pacing and a bit more substance in its second year.
Kinda agree with you on this. It was good, but just that. Not great or brilliant.

I think it received so many rave reviews because a lot of the SW fans or fanboys simply didn't have the heart to say it wasn't as great as they were hoping for. And I say all this as a lifelong SW fan.

Kinda agree with you on this. It was good, but just that. Not great or brilliant.

I think it received so many rave reviews because a lot of the SW fans or fanboys simply didn't have the heart to say it wasn't as great as they were hoping for. And I say all this as a lifelong SW fan.
Yeah, it wasn't bad as such, and I'll definitely be watching the second series. It is SW, and it has that intangible magic.

Still have the last two episodes to watch. So far my opinion is

The first two episodes were good, seemed to be staging the start of a big story.

But the next four episodes seemed to put the main story to the side
apart from the reminders that bounty hunters were still after baby Yoda
in favour of little single-episode stand-alone stories.

I like that it feels Star Wars, plenty of recognisable races, creatures and equipment. It also goes back to doing diversity well, with it just being there and accepted without having to sign-post it.

My criticisms are that 35 minutes is not long enough to develop a complete story which results in them being over-simplistic and that the main story is not developed much after the first two episodes (caveat, haven’t seen the last two episodes yet).

I agree that it doesn’t quite live up to the hype, but overall I have enjoyed it, looking forward to finishing Season 1 and to Season 2.

Seen the last two episodes now and they do bring the main story back inline. Enjoyed them so overall really liked Season 1 and eager for Season 2.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
I general I really like it and its something you can only get on Disney+. There are lot more to come in the way of Marvel TV series also. I just want them to show true 4k and HDR content. They are running their shows at 1440p and Mandalorian was running fake HDR/more like SDD according to some reports.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom