NEWS: Technics announces SL-1210GAE limited edition turntable

They are available worldwide but in small number in each territory. I believe Europe will get 700 max. We have placed a pre-order for some but haven't had a confirmed figure for how many we will receive. The Ltd edition ones tend to fly, so anyone wanting one should get in touch.

Dan

Last edited:
@jtsnead any Technics / Panasonic dealer should be able to help. Our orders went in today so if you get in touch with one in the next couple of days you should secure one.

Dan

I have the SL1200GAE which will be lass valuable now lol

Given how similar the two special editions are and the relative scarcity of both, I doubt that. Although if Technics never makes a 1210G, this is going to be sought after by people who want a black deck.

Will probably outlast the Sun.

Had enough of Technics appalling customer service & their wobbly platters. I’ve still got a couple of SL1210 Mk2’s, which are great, but had 9 months of a right fiasco with a SL1200G, which I finally sent back. Technics consistency on their platters is quite poor these days, and if you get a bad one they just say it’s within spec (and of course they won’t
tell you what that is)

That surprises me. I've got 3 x 1210mk2 at home and a pair of GR's at the shop for "break time". Im also going to change the Mk2's at home for a pair of Mk7's as they were better in every single way when I tested them. The problem must have been pretty drastic to have that sort of battle? Could the retailer not swap it for you after all your warranty is with them?

Dan

That surprises me. I've got 3 x 1210mk2 at home and a pair of GR's at the shop for "break time". Im also going to change the Mk2's at home for a pair of Mk7's as they were better in every single way when I tested them. The problem must have been pretty drastic to have that sort of battle? Could the retailer not swap it for you after all your warranty is with them?

Dan

Retailer refunded me in the end and I bought a NOS Rega RP10. Retailer hates dealing with them. They market the G as made with such precision, but there’s good & bad out there. Every decision has to be referred back to Japan. Panasonic UK are not even allowed to offer a replacement platter without Japan’s go ahead, and they did not authorise even that! Not the kind of company I want to give my money to. If you get a good one, then they’re unlikely to give any problems.

Retailer refunded me in the end and I bought a NOS Rega RP10. Retailer hates dealing with them. They market the G as made with such precision, but there’s good & bad out there. Every decision has to be referred back to Japan. Panasonic UK are not even allowed to offer a replacement platter without Japan’s go ahead, and they did not authorise even that! Not the kind of company I want to give my money to. If you get a good one, then they’re unlikely to give any problems.
good result, regas are very nice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom