NEWS: TCL TV lineup for 2021 includes Mini-LED, QLED and 4K HDR models

TCL with 120hz hdmi 2.1 for my series X?
Available in UK?
For decent price?
Looks like a wet dream 🤣

Would've though this would get more love due to the arrival of mini-led. Guess TCL haven't shaken off their 'budget' brand reputation yet!

Would've though this would get more love due to the arrival of mini-led. Guess TCL haven't shaken off their 'budget' brand reputation yet!

Well tbf this will be their first serious crack at the UK market as it's been confirmed they are releasing Mini-LED in both 4K and 8K models.

Correct! But here’s the thing, what if the TV isn’t perfect but you decide not to look at any others and buy it on spec. Maybe in your own home it might be perfect. The problem with all of us is we’re here on the forums and we read what we can’t see!

Well price will come in to the equation. If they can price these at roughly £1,000 for the 65 C825 then I imagine TCL will quickly grow their market share in the UK without too much trouble. They won't need to be perfect at that price point simply beat whatever else that's comparatively priced.

Just seen a video with HDTV Test and TCL and it sounds like OD Zero and Samsung's Neo QLED are virtually the same thing and TCL may actually be supplying the panels to Samsung.

It seems Samsung has lost consumer confidence if the stutter and other issues are as stated. I’m not sure if Samsung this year are more trustworthy. Does anyone know?!

It seems Samsung has lost consumer confidence if the stutter and other issues are as stated. I’m not sure if Samsung this year are more trustworthy. Does anyone know?!

What do you mean by trustworthy?? I would wait for more technical infos about their 2021 line up before making any conclusions.

By trustworthy, I mean that the TV performs as expected by the buyer and to the description of its purpose. It seems that 2020 models had well reported and acknowledged issues so one is naturally cautious, don’t you think? Technical data won’t help someone feel trusting about the product so much as a statement from Samsung saying that the recognised problems with certain models will not be an issue this year. I applaud Samsung in that they have acknowledged an issue.

By trustworthy, I mean that the TV performs as expected by the buyer and to the description of its purpose. It seems that 2020 models had well reported and acknowledged issues so one is naturally cautious, don’t you think? Technical data won’t help someone feel trusting about the product so much as a statement from Samsung saying that the recognised problems with certain models will not be an issue this year. I applaud Samsung in that they have acknowledged an issue.

Check out avs forums thread about the Q90t. I wouldn't call them trustworthy if you check the thread over there.

Sorry, who isn’t trustworthy? The forum users or the manufacturer? I’m not understanding your point.

Yes, that’s my point about ‘ trustworthy’ or better said ‘ consumer confidence’. It appears that the talk here is much about Sony, LG, TCL and Panny; with little said of Samsung. Even though they’ve launched models, it appears that people have not excitedly spoken of the 2021 models. Unless I’ve missed the thread somewhere.

Yes, that’s my point about ‘ trustworthy’ or better said ‘ consumer confidence’. It appears that the talk here is much about Sony, LG, TCL and Panny; with little said of Samsung. Even though they’ve launched models, it appears that people have not excitedly spoken of the 2021 models. Unless I’ve missed the thread somewhere.

I'm interested in these new TVs, can you tell me more or less when you can buy them?

According to Flat Panels the C825 with miniLED won't launch until June in Europe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom