NEWS: TCL reveals C82 Mini-LED and C72+ QLED TVs for Europe in 2021

Not that I know of, no.
I genuinely don't think it has anything extra, at all. It's only missing features.

I'm looking at my 43" Hisense and thinking "I can still use this for another 6-12 months". At least until the 55" versions of the LG C1 or the new Phillips 936 drop to around £1k.
Thank you. Yes, I have been looking at the Philips 936 too and the Sony A80, as I want a new tv for the living room that has good inbuilt sound. Shame about the TCL 826, as it is on offer at £929 at the moment, which makes it very tempting.

Actually AO has them in stock right now
Thanks, sadly only in 65" though and I want a 55". Also. not sure I want it without the dynamic tone mapping adjustment functionality. I think I will wait and see what the reviews are like.

TCL C825-qled-tv review The alternative to Samsung with top sound

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the C825K has dynamic tone mapping adjustment and 4k120hz but we need to wait until someone gets their hands on it.

I'm pretty sure the C825K has dynamic tone mapping adjustment and 4k120hz but we need to wait until someone gets their hands on it.
TCL TV model numbers explained 2021: What you need to know about TCL’s premium Mini LED and budget 4K LCD TVs'date:25/08/21)

TCL TV model numbers explained 2021: What you need to know about TCL’s premium Mini LED and budget 4K LCD TVs'date:25/08/21)
Let's hope this is true and the C825 does have the full range of dynamic tone mapping options and 2.1 HDMI. I remain unconvinced at this stage.

Another thing that is weird is that the launch date for the 65" C825 is later this month with the date for the 55" still officially TBC. However, although ao.com are not yet listing the 55" on their website, they are offering it via Ebay as already in stock.

Looking at the TCL C825K this T.V has all its ports labelled 2.1 with 4k/120hz, the C826K has It's labelled 4k no hz mentioned or hdmi type. The C826K has one USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port as the C825K has two USB 2.0 ports.

Called TCL support and he had a brief spec sheet of the model C826K, he mentioned the correct amount of HDMI ports but when I asked him about the HDMI 2.1 port he said one straight away.

He asked me to call back on Monday because he said he should have the correct specs for this T.V

The panel is 120hz panel I can confirm this
EPREL Public website

TCL Mini LED TV test result after 3 weeks - C825
[/ youtube]
TCL Mini LED TV review Conclusion after 3 weeks - C825 Watch it, watch it, after years of looking at various exhibition stands, I finally have a mini LED TV on my mat. Of course, I jumped on it right away. What really surprised me, however, were the speakers. Oh yes, and TCL's pricing policy

A TV below PLN 3,500 for everyone? | TEST | 120Hz TCL C728 QLED TV with HDMI 2.1 VRR. EISA Award - Best Buy LCD TV

Top TV at a good price - TCL C825 Reviews

The TCL C825 is not a television. It is a true home entertainment center with powerful bass

Last edited:
393a093329a7ac887443d8e9aba242bbc9717572-2.jpg
d043bf647a336a17e2c693fb59f6c8e9d25f1db9-2.jpg
a1db332331a9dd9998e27beb5e8b76fba770a2c4-2.jpg

The C826K from costco or else were does indeed have HDMI 2.1 but the picture index and operating system is different as the C825K & C826K have an index of 3800 with Android 9.0 (update to 11 in Q4 were as the C825 has 4100 and Android 11.

Also weight difference between 4kg between the 2.

It's quite annoying to see that they took a HDMI port away, the original c825 had 4 HDMI ports. It can be HDMI 2.1 but only support 60hz which the 826k does

Vincent asks for clarity (9 minutes in). Seems the UK TCL commercial team insisted on Freeview Play, but that was not ready for the EU spec model. Not impressed with that and UK team have made a big mistake if this is the real reason. Not on for UK consumers to be misled by them using this years panel, chassis and name with an existing platform older than the EU C825 platform. Needed to be clear from the start. Have to wait till next year...

Last edited:
How terrible, freeview is a useless feature and i'll never change my mind on that. I bet most people who will want to buy the tv want the hdmi 2.1 ports. I have washed my hands of TCL for good. That's just terrible..

How terrible, freeview is a useless feature and i'll never change my mind on that. I bet most people who will want to buy the tv want the hdmi 2.1 ports. I have washed my hands of TCL for good. That's just terrible..
Not making any sense as I have provided the specs, directly from TCL UK, and it states the C825K and C826K have HDMI 2.1 PORTS.

Miscommunication and confusion probably created conflicting spec sheets.

Miscommunication and confusion probably created conflicting spec sheets.
Think they are using the left over HDMI socket parts from last years model the 815.

Looking at the C729K and C728K they mention they have HDMI 2.1 ports, dont know if thats true as I dont have access to them.

I'll probably get another tv at this rate, no idea which manufacturer to go for yet though.

I'll probably get another tv at this rate, no idea which manufacturer to go for yet though.
I was thinking about importing it from france but warranty would be void, also knowing that TCL tv suffer from issues after time.

Might just buy a cheap t.v for now and wait for next years model.

I might get myself a Q70A, it has all the features i need and i'm not really bothered about FALD especially when it's not effectively used in game mode anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom