Quantcast

NEWS: TCL Mini LED TV coming to UK later in 2020

zeropoints

Novice Member
Fingers crossed that 2021 sees widespread mini led models from multiple producers. Would love a competitor to the forthcoming 48 inch OLEDs.

Atomicus

Fingers crossed that 2021 sees widespread mini led models from multiple producers. Would love a competitor to the forthcoming 48 inch OLEDs.
Is MiniLED really a competitor for OLED though? It's still LCD at the end of the day. More a competitor for other LCD products, if the price is right. OLED is OLED and I don't see anything touching it until MicroLED becomes a thing.

RMP888

As soon as Rtings & AVForums gives the X91 series the thumbs up I'll be there for a 75 inch if they can keep it under £3500.
PS Not forgetting Vincent Teoh of course

Last edited:

aoaaron

I'd love this TV. Whats the ETA on it? If they can pump out a 75/85'' version, I'd be interested. Will it feature HDMI 2.1/VRR/Gsync?

Atomicus

I'd love this TV. Whats the ETA on it? If they can pump out a 75/85'' version, I'd be interested. Will it feature HDMI 2.1/VRR/Gsync?
I believe it has HDMI 2.1 yes, but that doesn't mean it will support VRR. So far, LG OLEDs are only sets that will. I'd have to believe that other manufacturers will want to jump on this, but only time will tell.

Kingchin

TCL MiniLed tv's won't be released in 48inch size. The TCL X10 MiniLed TV that released in the China, USA and Europe end of last year is only available in 65inchs. The new Vidrian MiniLed later this year will only be available in 65inchs & 75inchs.

The market for 48inch tv's is very small and the new 48inch OLEDs releasing close to the Olympics you're talking about are actually more expensive than the bigger 55inch OLEDs. As they're harder more costly to manufacture.