NEWS: TCL launches into UK TV Market

Nice so will you be getting any samples in for review Mark ?

Have people seen the American reviews though? On light screen content you can see the FALD grid of LEDS, more cheap and nasty TVs like Hisense.

"I wasn't interested, then I saw Neymar Jr. superimposed on to the set and I value his a/v endorsements. Anyone that good at football must be very choosy about which tellies he endorses."

I never did understand advertising/marketing.

Have people seen the American reviews though? On light screen content you can see the FALD grid of LEDS, more cheap and nasty TVs like Hisense.

Yes but most people buying these TVs wont have a clue about this anyway, they just want a cheap big tv.

The TCL North American range is different though, we're getting the European range so you're better off looking at reviews from Germany, Poland, etc

"I wasn't interested, then I saw Neymar Jr. superimposed on to the set and I value his a/v endorsements. Anyone that good at football must be very choosy about which tellies he endorses."

I never did understand advertising/marketing.

"All TVs at a similar price are much the same, I might as well buy the one that spends it's advertising revenue supporting a sport I enjoy".

"All TVs at a similar price are much the same, I might as well buy the one that spends it's advertising revenue supporting a sport I enjoy".

Hisense sponsored the World Cup, which I sort of get, and Neymar doesn't need the 'support', does he? It's the association between the TVs and the individual that isn't relevant. The Neymar deal included some unspecified support for small clubs but without any numbers its meaningless 'brand' association.

Hisense sponsored the World Cup, which I sort of get, and Neymar doesn't need the 'support', does he? It's the association between the TVs and the individual that isn't relevant. The Neymar deal included some unspecified support for small clubs but without any numbers its meaningless 'brand' association.

It's advertising, it doesn't have to be meaningful, it just has to create a sense of association or likeability.

It's advertising, it doesn't have to be meaningful, it just has to create a sense of association or likeability.

Trudging round Costco with a trolley, they’re hoping you’ll stop to look at the TV with Neymar on it, instead of the one next to it.

Bottom line - 55” LED LCD with 4K, HDR10, HLG, Smart TV & 2-year warranty

£479 delivered tomorrow.

If reviews come out saying 7/10 or higher, it’s a good deal.

tried the 65" off amazon and had it returned. i wanted one mostly for gaming on during the day ended up going for samsung qled. if only we got the same panels as north america

tried the 65" off amazon and had it returned. i wanted one mostly for gaming on during the day ended up going for samsung qled. if only we got the same panels as north america

Where did it fall down in your opinion? Input lag and brightness for gaming?

input lag, and response times it was terrible a friend got the same one on primeday and had the same issue.

also i tend to test metro 2033 on tvs and monitors for some reason i get motion sickness when i play it on some monitors and tvs i got the same issue with the tcl as well.

More competitive pricing can only be a good in driving prices down for the wider market, it's never going to be my first choice unless evidence advises me otherwise but if it makes the more established brands rethink their pricing structures even if it's minimal, that's good enough for me!

Just been watching a video on the US 6 series and in the US they use Dolby Vision, yet not here, I believe Hisense have done the same.

These are TV's using older TV tech. See interview with European BRAND manager on U tube. Also good old Android TV. No Dolby Vision.

HDR10+ (So thats all right then)

Its older chipsets used in USA years ago. USA TV's have a more modern chipset. I assume TV's are made in different factory. I know they have a plant in South Africa.

Just been watching a video on the US 6 series and in the US they use Dolby Vision, yet not here, I believe Hisense have done the same.

Even worse than that - the 6 series we get here in Europe are edge-lit so any "best bang for buck" reviews you read on the net are pretty much null and void ... buyer beware as this information may not be so widely available.

Even worse than that - the 6 series we get here in Europe are edge-lit so any "best bang for buck" reviews you read on the net are pretty much null and void ... buyer beware as this information may not be so widely available.
Cheers, something I did not know, can't really find any good videos of EU models, shame tho as Rtings rate them for the money in the US.

Not me, I'd be worried about it falling over every time I touch it.
It's ok, they've made it non-contact and removed all buttons on the tv itself at Neymar's request- it's all done by remote. Hopefully the VAR reviews will be in soon.... I'll get me full length Adidas bubble jacket.

To seek a bit more AV-ish credibility they could've put someone with expertise in this area on the box but - and with the greatest of respect - it's unlikely that a superimposed image of Steve Withers is going to catch the attention of Joe Bloggs and kids. :p

Last edited:
Presumably their budget doesn't quite stretch to having an advertising director create cheeky little imitations of Chris Nolan movies like Panasonic.

Here's the demo loop they will be showing when the TVs enter shops:
neymar-dive-uru.gif

Good test for motion!

Really, TCL India TV's amazing features, crystal clear and smooth display which makes the experience come to life. A bit pricey but once you get along, it's quite a thrill ride. I recently viewed Ready Player One in 4K in the TV and not for a sec, I felt I was not in a theatre.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom