NEWS: TCL launches C71 and C81 4K QLED TVs in UK

My pleasure

Impressive pictures, how do you think it compares to some other the other well known brands like Samsung qled etc.. What tv did you own before? How does the TLC compare. Look forward to your reply.

Hi everyone, I come from China, and thx to some special channel, we could get C81 much earlier than your guys :clap:
I would like to share more details of C81 for your reference. You could find PDFs of all there sizes in attachments.

One thing I need to point out is 55 inches uses CSOT 60hz panel. And both 65 and 75 inches use native 120hz panel. Is that good news?;)
65 inches use AUO panel
View attachment 1303164View attachment 1303165
View attachment 1303169
75 inches use CSOT panel
View attachment 1303182View attachment 1303183
View attachment 1303180
I’m surprised they’re using AUO panels in some sizes. I thought TCL’s CSOT made all sizes?

Anyway, CSOT and AUO are the best VA panel makers on the market. I always liked AUO, but CSOT often have better viewing angles and deeper blacks.

I’m surprised they’re using AUO panels in some sizes. I thought TCL’s CSOT made all sizes?

Anyway, CSOT and AUO are the best VA panel makers on the market. I always liked AUO, but CSOT often have better viewing angles and deeper blacks.
Yep, CSOT is like TCL's own backyard. But take C815 for example, in my opinion and based on actual viewing, AUO does better job than CSOT. Maybe TCL use CSOT for budget control reason.
BTW, 55 inch use CSOT 60hz panel.

Can anyone comment on the brightness of the c81. There is no much info on it just that its HDR500.

I haven't seen any reviews for this yet. I want to possibly purchase the TV but will be going in blind.

Anyone had this tv yet, the C715K

I haven't seen any reviews for this yet. I want to possibly purchase the TV but will be going in blind.

Anyone had this tv yet, the C715K

I couldn’t find anything on brightness either. I did ask this question on this TVs listing on Amazon. It seems TCL have responded to 1 other question on there so waiting for a response.

I have ordered the 55” C815 which will arriving on Tuesday next week. I’m happy to share my thoughts once it’s here.

Last edited:
I couldn’t find anything on brightness either. I did ask this question on this TVs listing on Amazon. It seems TCL have responded to 1 other question on there so waiting for a response.

I have ordered the 55” C815 which will arriving on Tuesday next week. I’m happy to share my thoughts once it’s here.
Where have you ordered the c815 from? I'm looking at the 75 inch. Thanks

Thanks.. I've emailed Tcl for info on the 75

Just got this reply from TCL, not what I wanted to hear,

We regret to inform that, due to logistic issues, we do not have a release date for the 75C815 in the UK.

As soon as it becomes available, our retailer partners AO.com and Amazon.com will make the announcements.

Just got this reply from TCL, not what I wanted to hear,

We regret to inform that, due to logistic issues, we do not have a release date for the 75C815 in the UK.

As soon as it becomes available, our retailer partners AO.com and Amazon.com will make the announcements.

Nightmare! I wonder if the 55” is affected too. Did you email them? If so, can you let me know what one you used.

I have preordered the 55C715 on the basis of it being direct backlit but just seen on Twitter that TCL have replied to a query saying it is edge lit. Anyone any wiser?

I have preordered the 55C715 on the basis of it being direct backlit but just seen on Twitter that TCL have replied to a query saying it is edge lit. Anyone any wiser?

I believe the C815 is edge lit and the C715 is direct back lit. That’s what it says on the TCL website and other info I’ve seen online.

Never even heard of TCL!!
Another cheap Chinese brand?

look at xiaomi, huawei hugely succesful because they make fantastic products, you have to face it man, the chinese are coming be afraid, be very very afraid ;)

Annotation 2020-06-08 122953.png

Sold out 😱 it just came out 😅

Arent these supposed to be labled "8 Series" and "6 Series"??

This can't be the 2020 version.... they don't even have the new 2020 models up on their website yet. From what I heard... we won't see the new 8 series Vidrean and the 6 series with mini-LED until October or November

Idk how TCL model system works, but in the UK the latest TVs they have over here are the c71 and c81 series which came out today and they're both pretty much gone. My dad pre-order the 65 inch c81; hopefully it comes this Thursday and see what's it like
Annotation 2020-06-08 143957.png

Ok I did some research...

C71 and C81 launching now in Europe... do they correlate with the 4 series????

coming soon.....

X10 I think is the new 4k "6 series" being launched with mini LED?

and

X91 I believe is the new "8 series" with Vidrian technology?

Last edited:
Well... The 55C715 didn't last long. Awful, awful screen. After a few hours of trying to adjust it simply is not up to the job. Unfortunately, straight back in the box and return label printed. A little bit gutted it didn't meet expectations. Existing Philips 50pus7303 knocked spots off it in side by side test.

This is from digital trends..... I really dont think the 2020 TCL 6 and 8 series are out yet.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom