NEWS: TCL brings next gen Mini-LED technologies to CES 2021

TCL keep showing future and next year sets that a British audience can see and then saying, oh, no, they're not for you, they're for other markets. You maybe get last year's at best, has got to one of the worst marketing strategy's ever.
LG and Samsung are at the least going to be taken seriously...if they deliver.

TCL keep showing future and next year sets that a British audience can see and then saying, oh, no, they're not for you, they're for other markets. You maybe get last year's at best, has got to one of the worst marketing strategy's ever.
LG and Samsung are at the least going to be taken seriously...if they deliver.
Yep same as Hisense with their top models. Its weird like most top tech becomes available elsewhere but not UK lately. Even like Costco used to sell top range tv's, last year there was more mid or low range models on than ever... Wonder if British audience is not driving enough revenue for premium products hence decision not to ship here.

If they just serve us Europeans up edge-lit nonsense whilst promising even more new technologies they will do irreparable damage to their brand in what should be a major market for them.

Not sure what their line of thinking is but I kind of feel sorry for that eccentric European bloke they keep trotting out at these events who really knows his stuff.:laugh:

TCL brought Mini-Led tech in 2019 but no one gave any notice about Mini-Led but in 2021 as other companies are bringing out Mini-Led, it sounds like a major new technology and everybody is all going whooha.

Would love to read a shootout between mini-LED, QLED and OLED... Any idea when that may be?

Would love to read a shootout between mini-LED, QLED and OLED... Any idea when that may be?
QLED is not a new tech, it's a just a LCD-LED like any other high end LCD TVs from the likes of Sony.
So it would be nice to see how much improvements Mini-Led would make over FALD LCD sets.

QLED is not a new tech, it's a just a LCD-LED like any other high end LCD TVs from the likes of Sony.
So it would be nice to see how much improvements Mini-Led would make over FALD LCD sets.
Looks like Mini LED is Samsung’s new flagship 8K TV.

As Mini-Led is coming out in higher end PC monitors, this offers support for LED gains in that critical viewing market.
Cost is going to be a huge factor for premium end TVs.
I recall having various conversations about this a couple of years ago, when considering to buy an OLED - was that lightning?!
Vincent did a couple of nice videos at some HQ and was going on from running temperatures everything to electric usage.

Interview with TCL's product development manager Marek Maciejewski
file.php

2021 TCL C825 Mini LED TVs - specifications and features

2021 TCL C728 QLED TVs - specifications and features

TCL C9 TV series for gaming are announced in China

One thing I like with TLC that they most of the time honest with specs. No silly promises or misleading information.
Although bit dissapointed that still no USB3.0, gigabit network. Mali G52 is too weak in my opinion, would rather prefer G72 or higher. 3GB of RAM is alright, but rather prefer 4GB.

Mini-LED maybe not looking as next generation as we have been led to believe - I suppose thousands of dimming zones still sounds great though.

When are these due to launch in Europe?

New contact details for LED Backlit Mini TV! First flagship experience of the TCL C12

New TCL 2021 TV range - Mini LED, QLED and 4K LED

Video comparaiso: TCLC12 VS Sony X9500H

Sony X9500H TCL C12 Mini QLED Smart Display Review Really Failed?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom