NEWS: SVS launches 3000 Micro subwoofer in UK

These look great, and at a much more attainable price point than the Kef's.

Just read the email from SVS looks interesting.
Way less money than the Kef equivalent

I'm not sure who this is aimed at. You get get an sb 2000 Pro for not much more with better performance

I'm not sure who this is aimed at. You get get an sb 2000 Pro for not much more with better performance
People who don't want big subwoofer boxes in their living rooms, but still want decent bass.

Interesting comparison against the Kef kc62 from 16:50, early days still so take it for what its worth but should give a rough idea:

aw man, another one to consider as well as the D108 and KC62 then! I thought I had it narrowed down to those two and planned to try them both. I don't think I can be bothered to try out three different subs.

aw man, another one to consider as well as the D108 and KC62 then! I thought I had it narrowed down to those two and planned to try them both. I don't think I can be bothered to try out three different subs.

I dont think you'll go wrong with any of them in terms sound quality and output for your particular use.

Things to consider: size, looks, budget, features, reliability and warranty. The SVS wins on most counts.

Anyone intrested in this check out the link below as Mark Henninger from AVSForum has reviewed 3000 Micro already! He used to have JL F112 V2 duals and has reviewed/heard most subwoofer brands in the US market. He also isn´t afraid to say straight if there is better products around or something lacking. I said yesterday that dual opposite sub is coming cause SVS main designer said he loves the idea due to benefits and now we have it. This could also mean SVS going similar route in future with larger models cause they know Arendal is becoming very popular!

I also mentioned there is clearly market for these small very good looking subwoofers, Kef aren´t happy as they got the hype going. Now they have serious competitor which won`t break the bank, looks fantastic, clearly sounds awesome and you get the SVS app / long warranty / superb support. Two of these in small room while keeping wife happy, not bad! For many men it`s either these or no subwoofers at all. So think about that!

I´m fairly certain we get to see this in Audioholics later on with full measurements. :)

So who in the UK is supplying them (AVF recommended)? When are they likely to actually be available?

So who in the UK is supplying them (AVF recommended)? When are they likely to actually be available?

Thanks both. I've gotten in touch with them via the website.

Looks like they're one step ahead and added the "kicked in grille" look to save you the trouble of kicking them in yourself!! That would put me off buying one to be honest!😅

Looks like they're one step ahead and added the "kicked in grille" look to save you the trouble of kicking them in yourself!! That would put me off buying one to be honest!😅

I would keep the grilles off like many people do with subwoofers, but then again this is more of lifestyle product so wife/gf might have a say. You could always try to hammer the middle part back to flat. 😁 I don´t want to know how that works out tho..

I would keep the grilles off like many people do with subwoofers, but then again this is more of lifestyle product so wife/gf might have a say. You could always try to hammer the middle part back to flat. 😁 I don´t want to know how that works out tho..
I think you're right, most people will want to the see those dual drivers thumping with 400w each!

I really like this concept in reducing the size of the sub enclosure with dual sub arrangement. I hope they extend it to a larger dual driver. That'll be awesome. Even though I'd love a pb16 ultra I just can't accommodate a chest freezer sub in my room.

Anyone intrested in this check out the link below as Mark Henninger from AVSForum has reviewed 3000 Micro already! He used to have JL F112 V2 duals and has reviewed/heard most subwoofer brands in the US market. He also isn´t afraid to say straight if there is better products around or something lacking. I said yesterday that dual opposite sub is coming cause SVS main designer said he loves the idea due to benefits and now we have it. This could also mean SVS going similar route in future with larger models cause they know Arendal is becoming very popular!

I also mentioned there is clearly market for these small very good looking subwoofers, Kef aren´t happy as they got the hype going. Now they have serious competitor which won`t break the bank, looks fantastic, clearly sounds awesome and you get the SVS app / long warranty / superb support. Two of these in small room while keeping wife happy, not bad! For many men it`s either these or no subwoofers at all. So think about that!

I´m fairly certain we get to see this in Audioholics later on with full measurements. :)
That's a really positive review and an intriguing product. Perfect for a living room setup.

Interesting comparing SVS’s own frequency response graphs though for the 3000 micro vs the SB3000 Pro: to hit 90db, the micro is at approx 35hz, whereas the SB3000 Pro can do so at 20hz.

So the micro does the job it was intended for, but the SB3000 isn’t a whole lot bigger, but a fair step up in performance terms: at least according to the graphs. In-room real-world may be different, and for music, the smaller drivers may actually offer an advantage in terms of speed.

But for HT, looks like the SB3000Pro is still the better option and is still nowhere near as imposing as many ported subs. Nice to know that the KEF KC62 has competition though.

Good idea. I am sure there is a market for quality tiny subwoofers to go with smaller satellites type systems or underpin bookshelf speakers for music. It's not going to realistically match a normal mid-range 12 but that's not the point. Would be interested in seeing the cea numbers when available.

What could be interesting considering the opposing drivers and lack of vibration, is to stack one ontop the other. REL like doing this after all in their demos. Would still tske up very little space, with a diminutive footprint.

Interesting comparing SVS’s own frequency response graphs though for the 3000 micro vs the SB3000 Pro: to hit 90db, the micro is at approx 35hz, whereas the SB3000 Pro can do so at 20hz.

So the micro does the job it was intended for, but the SB3000 isn’t a whole lot bigger, but a fair step up in performance terms: at least according to the graphs. In-room real-world may be different, and for music, the smaller drivers may actually offer an advantage in terms of speed.

But for HT, looks like the SB3000Pro is still the better option and is still nowhere near as imposing as many ported subs. Nice to know that the KEF KC62 has competition though.

You can`t compare the max output with those graphs. You need to contact Ed Mullen and ask CEA 2010B max output measurements, Audioholics has for SB2000 and SB3000 so then you can do better comparison. Of course you would add approx 6db for in-room corner loaded depending how far the sub is from listener also. As those measurements are always done outside at 2meters.

*Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability

Given the 3000 Micro’s drivers point in opposite directions, I don’t think test results from any CEA2010 style testing will do the sub justice. It can’t even cope with rear ported subs.

I think REL and a few others should be probably worried if SVS are going after the “Lifestyle“ tiny sub market. They don’t seem like a company that misses their target markets.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom