NEWS: StormAudio to launch MK2 home cinema range at ISE 2020

Looking forward to the bass mngt upgrade. Recently had the new board installed on my current amp in anticipation!

Looking forward to the bass mngt upgrade. Recently had the new board installed on my current amp in anticipation!

But you've only 1 sub tho....

Dual REL 212SE’s as of December

uk retail price for the 16 channel processor anyone?

uk retail price for the 16 channel processor anyone?

Current retail for Mk 1 is around £13,000 so expect upwards of that.

Think Mk1 was £12,600. No-one has the exact uk pricing for the Mk2 in GBP it seems.

We will be spending time with the new Storm at ISE 2020 and will report back.
We will also be to arrange demonstrations of the new Storm next month all being well.
pricing TBC.
Rich@SeriouslyCinema

Think they're high £14k

Is that a guess Rock? I have been given a price of €14,200 incl VAT From a european distributor. That translates to £12k ..... or does it?! Storm taking pre-orders now but no UK pricing..... :-(

Is that a guess Rock? I have been given a price of €14,200 incl VAT From a european distributor. That translates to £12k ..... or does it?! Storm taking pre-orders now but no UK pricing..... :-(

Depends on the day, right? It may have been euros... but 14k of something was what I heard and I'm not even sure from who or when, but it was a good while ago.

I liked the last one, I'll be demoing it at ISE in a couple of weeks.

We may well all be dead with Coronavirus by next week Rich! :)

Race yer?

At my height i should be above the germ zone..

Looking forward to Storms new-ish thing too - not sure if I love the look of them just yet.

See!! Winner winner chicken dinner. Called it again.

One’s challenge had exactly the desired effect though Rock :) :).

Somewhat more than the price being charged in euros by “our European friends”.....Brexit factor presumably?!

One’s challenge had exactly the desired effect though Rock :) :).

Somewhat more than the price being charged in euros by “our European friends”.....Brexit factor presumably?!

Possibly.. I knew it was on the high side, but so is the Lyngdorf. I very much liked the sound - I heard it demo'ed with MK speakers. I think vs the Lyngdorf room perfect is going to beat Dirac overall, but Storm seem to have deployed it properly - no idea on their GUI but the Lyngdorf one I found very simple.

It would be a good comparison.

I spent the whole of 2019 not just comparing the top 3 processors (you know what they are) but also comparing numerous amps to partner them with. All comparisons were carried out at home and at one point I had all three processors here at once. Frankly at that point I was scared to go to work for fear of being burgled!

With the help of Harmony support I even managed to get all the codes added and working on the harmony hub. (The Storm needs to be cabled directly into the hub using a special mono to stereo jack to jack).

The only way for you to be sure which you prefer is to try them at home for a few weeks; you can then assess usability as well as sound quality and see what you can do with each room eq in your own surroundings.

These processors are all quite different in many respects and for me it wasn‘t a difficult decision in the end - there was a clear winner for me in my room.

Choosing the best amps to partner them (and my speakers) with was actually a harder task to be honest!

It’s a great way to pass the time though...

I spent the whole of 2019 not just comparing the top 3 processors (you know what they are) but also comparing numerous amps to partner them with. All comparisons were carried out at home and at one point I had all three processors here at once. Frankly at that point I was scared to go to work for fear of being burgled!

With the help of Harmony support I even managed to get all the codes added and working on the harmony hub. (The Storm needs to be cabled directly into the hub using a special mono to stereo jack to jack).

The only way for you to be sure which you prefer is to try them at home for a few weeks; you can then assess usability as well as sound quality and see what you can do with each room eq in your own surroundings.

These processors are all quite different in many respects and for me it wasn‘t a difficult decision in the end - there was a clear winner for me in my room.

Choosing the best amps to partner them (and my speakers) with was actually a harder task to be honest!

It’s a great way to pass the time though...

Must have missed the outcome - which one did you decide on?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom