NEWS: StormAudio launches ISP Elite MK3 processor

meep

How can an item be 'available now' but with no RRP? It might be helpful to include a guesstimate, or the RRP of the previous model, for reference.

Ian Collen

Gaming Reviewer
How can an item be 'available now' but with no RRP? It might be helpful to include a guesstimate, or the RRP of the previous model, for reference.
It wasn't given as part of the announcement and isn't listed on the website - nor is it readily available online on any of the many retailer sites I checked. I've sent a request for official confirmation on pricing to the company so will update if/when I can! As a guideline, a common starting US price seems to be $16,999 (around £13,700) for the standard model - with Krobar's post above in line with what we're expecting in the UK.

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I still prefer the look of the Mk1

meep

It wasn't given as part of the announcement and isn't listed on the website - nor is it readily available online on any of the many retailer sites I checked. I've sent a request for official confirmation on pricing to the company so will update if/when I can! As a guideline, a common starting US price seems to be $16,999 (around £13,700) for the standard model - with Krobar's post above in line with what we're expecting in the UK.
So a clear case of 'if you need to ask, you can't afford it.'. Thanks for the extra info.

clausdk

I think this unit looks very interesting. I already use DIRAC, but could use some more channels so I have this product on my radar. Going back and forth Trinnov vs Storm...

Krobar

I think this unit looks very interesting. I already use DIRAC, but could use some more channels so I have this product on my radar. Going back and forth Trinnov vs Storm...
I think Storm looks "good value" if you need 20-24 channels as it is not much more than the 16 channel model and Trinnov want a lot more money for the Alt32.

Ian Collen

Gaming Reviewer
I've had pricing confirmed by its UK retailer (Habitech.co.uk). They've given us a starting price of £13,429 for the 16-channel model, £15,355 for the 24-channel, rising up to £16,890 for the 32-channel version - with the 32-channel digital AES and AOIP variants at £16,360 and £16,799 respectively.

Krobar

I've had pricing confirmed by its UK retailer (Habitech.co.uk). They've given us a starting price of £13,429 for the 16-channel model, £15,355 for the 24-channel, rising up to £16,890 for the 32-channel version - with the 32-channel digital AES and AOIP variants at £16,360 and £16,799 respectively.

Can Habitech provide an SRP for the Storm Audio Core 16? No one could provide info on this before Christmas.

Krobar

Habitech(.co.uk) got back to me with an MSRP of £10,542 for the Core 16. Hope that's good news!

Thanks, about what I expected. There were murmurs of higher prices at the end of 2021 but the reason I asked was I thought the Core 16 needed to be meaningfully cheaper that the basic ISP MK3 and I would say that price is fairly well judged.

StephanG

The Mk3 has a different faceplate compared to the Mk2 and a new color display. Other than that, there’s a optical Zone 2 downmix output instead of the “old” analogue out. If none of this matters to you, might as well grab a Mk2.

That being said, when you buy a Mk2 now, you’ll receive the new HDMI 2.1 board free to upgrade yourself later this year (currently planned for Q3). At least that’s the case for mainland Europe, it sure about the UK.

About Trinnov vs Storm… the Trinnov is still the best and most flexible all in one solution out there. However, depending on your needs, it might not be enough and you might want to add Lake processors to it. In such a case, the Storm might be the better unit for you. If you look at the Trinnov Optimizer for the ability to correct phase, then it might be totally wasted when you have DSP speakers that already do that, say Genelec for example. You could then use GLM to align phase with subs and minimal phase filters to compensate room response. No benefit going with the Trinnov there, just wasted money and less flexibility when it comes to bass management with multiple subs. On the other hand, if you do crossovers for analogue speakers in the processor you might really appreciate the option to go 64 channels with the Trinnov.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Storm will get a similar mic as the Trinnov, allowing for 3D calibration of speakers. Also remapping and from everything we’ve seen/heard, the next version of Dirac is even more powerful than what Trinnov is offering right now.

I think people are really putting to much into these general processor A vs B debates. Ask yourself what you really need, then buy a processor that is cheapest and gets the job done. In some cases that’s Trinnov, in others it’s Storm and maybe even something completely different.

I think Storm looks "good value" if you need 20-24 channels as it is not much more than the 16 channel model and Trinnov want a lot more money for the Alt32.
Altitude 16 is doing 20 channels now too. There are some benefits with Storm over Trinnov and vice versa.

Last edited:

barnitto

Habitech(.co.uk) got back to me with an MSRP of £10,542 for the Core 16. Hope that's good news!

That sounds like the ex Vat price. When you add VAT the price is consistent with what I was told so c £12.5k

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom