NEWS: Sony QD-OLED TV price to be less than expected?

I hope that QD-OLED succeeds for Sony but it looks like Samsung are only half heartily committing to OLED again. The dream of a 77" Panasonic QD-OLED looks like staying that way.

I’m hoping that if the news on pricing on qd-OLED is true, then the rumours of the higher price for the x95k might not be true. I’m hoping for around £1600 on x95k in my dream world lol

If it’s true, £3000 for 65” would be nice, although I can see the usual conversion happening for us in the UK…(appreciate $4000 is US not including taxes)

Vincent Teoh posted the same on his YouTube channel, bonus points equate to $ price, still be more costly in £ as always.

Sony look to be the manufacturer with the most ambition for QD-OLED, but without the product having broader sales appeal commercially, I cant see LG's OLED in any danger just yet.

Sony look to be the manufacturer with the most ambition for QD-OLED, but without the product having broader sales appeal commercially, I cant see LG's OLED in any danger just yet.
The only thing that will endanger LG OLED panels will be if uniformity is perfect both high brightness and low near black. That’s what I’m banking on TBH

If it’s true, £3000 for 65” would be nice, although I can see the usual conversion happening for us in the UK…(appreciate $4000 is US not including taxes)
I see these being £3,999 in the uk which for new tech is a great opening price + there will be promotions attached to this to add value to the price

Last edited:
This is werry good news/rumor but i hope Samsung Electronics will change atitude toward QDoled tech.

Very excited at the potential of this pricing rumour. £4k would be excellent price point for a 65". Anyone want to buy my C9? :)

£3699 for the 65 inch 👍👍

Attachments

• Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-Fry.jpg
    Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-Fry.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 90
I have enquired with a retailer who I buy from regularly and have been quoted £3699 as the rrp.

As tempting as these prices seem, I personally will wait until QD OLED is better established a couple or few years down the line.

I suspect that stock will be quite limited throughout the year and as a result, there wont be much movement on price. By black Friday this will likely still be around £3500 for the 65", while the LG G2 will probably be more than a grand less. Hopefully I'm wrong as this at £2999 by BF would be just too tempting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom