NEWS: Sony launches two new Native 4K SXRD Laser Home projectors

pagenotfound

Well, Sony have made it official and moved the VW290, VW590 and HW65 to the discontinued product page today so it's now laser only. Entry point for home cinema projection from Sony now 6k. May well be interested in the XW5000 when it is on run out but will stay well clear of temptation for now at that price.

3t3p

Black floor not the actual floor being black?!

I.e darkest black signal achieved on screen

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
DA45619B-F7AF-4863-AE2E-944EBF5A356D.jpeg

This is only a screen grab from the video but they talk about the black being better but what I am seeing especially in this image is black crush on the Sony, clearly these two projectors aren’t setup the same. Also one has a slight push to the red and the other a slight push to green/blue.

Lots of unanswered question as to where each projectors sharpness were set but from experience the SONY always has the edge in perceived crispness.

Chieftain

Novice Member
View attachment 1690162
This is only a screen grab from the video but they talk about the black being better but what I am seeing especially in this image is black crush on the Sony, clearly these two projectors aren’t setup the same. Also one has a slight push to the red and the other a slight push to green/blue.

Lots of unanswered question as to where each projectors sharpness were set but from experience the SONY always has the edge in perceived crispness.
Hi I’m new to the forum. I have been wanting a projector for a while But held off to see if laser was going to come in. I want 3D as well as my whole family enjoyed it especially with the surround sound you were really there. The issue is being new to this is that there is so much to consider and the cost means you need to get it right.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Hi I’m new to the forum. I have been wanting a projector for a while But held off to see if laser was going to come in. I want 3D as well as my whole family enjoyed it especially with the surround sound you were really there. The issue is being new to this is that there is so much to consider and the cost means you need to get it right.
If you want laser and 3D is a deal breaker then you are really looking at the dearer Sony XW7000 or the JVC NZ7/8 which each cost between £11.5K and £16K.

Chieftain

Novice Member
If you want laser and 3D is a deal breaker then you are really looking at the dearer Sony XW7000 or the JVC NZ7/8 which each cost between £11.5K and £16K.
This is why I want to get it right and know what I’m getting into. I would invest in it but it would have to be a long term purchase.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
This is why I want to get it right and know what I’m getting into. I would invest in it but it would have to be a long term purchase.
Where are you based, if south of England I used @Rickyj at Kalibrate who is very highly recommended on here and a fellow member. In his place you can get to see direct comparisons between projectors which are fully calibrated to their absolute best, this way you can not only get quality advice but see which image you prefer.

Chieftain

Novice Member
Where are you based, if south of England I used @Rickyj at Kalibrate who is very highly recommended on here and a fellow member. In his place you can get to see direct comparisons between projectors which are fully calibrated to their absolute best, this way you can not only get quality advice but see which image you prefer.
I’m in plymouth. I am angling to build a extension to put the projector in. It will have to do double duty as a living room as well though, I have seen a jvc nx7 and Hisense short throw, But I was surprised as the jvc was a bit underwhelming compared to the Hisense but that could have been the set up and conditions.

Hisense 100L5FTUKB12​

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
I’m in plymouth. I am angling to build a extension to put the projector in. It will have to do double duty as a living room as well though, I have seen a jvc nx7 and Hisense short throw, But I was surprised as the jvc was a bit underwhelming compared to the Hisense but that could have been the set up and conditions.

Hisense 100L5FTUKB12​

This could very well be part setup and room conditions, to see the full benefit of the JVC the room needs to be completely dark and to improve it even more the walls and ceiling finished in a dark matt colour. The UST projector has a real benefit if there is any light in the room because of the way it fires the image on to the screen which means it's less affected by the rest of the light in the room, if this is something you are looking for from your projector then you should not only consider the UST projector but also look at an ALR screen for a regular projector but this has a narrower viewing angle than a regular screen, this is why most people with projectors try and get the room as dark as possible.

I seriously give Ricky a bell or PM him on here (usually takes a few days to get back though) because when you see these projectors properly set up the image is truly amazing and in the case of the NZ8 you are talking approaching OLED levels.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom