NEWS: Sony launches larger screen sizes for latest Bravia XR TVs

raymondo77

What a totally pointless press release.

"Hey, those TVs we said would be coming? Yeah, they're coming. What's that you say? What's the price? Nah, can't tell you."

Captain Ron

83" OLED. That would be very nice. Price I imagine will be ludicrous though.

SonOfSJ

I'll guess at about £9,000 for the 83" OLED. You read it here first!

But yes, without stating what the various prices are the press release is void.

SonOfSJ

raymondo77

Well, I was wrong about nine grand. As @jmacc says, I guessed two grand too much. Richer Sounds are advertising the 83" OLED here.

That's an LG C1 83" mate not the Sony A90J :thumbsup:

Marks Electrical have had it listed for ages, but until Sony officially list the price I'm not 100% sure it is correct. If it actually is the same price as the C1, that'll be a bit strange.

SonOfSJ

@jmacc Whoops sorry, my mistake! :(

@raymondo77 Thank you for the Marks link. Yes, I would expect the Sony to cost more than the LG.

In fact at Richer Sounds the only OLED size for which there is data for both the Sony A90J and the LG C1 is the 65" size. Here's a screen shot of the comparison, if I haven't messed up my model numbers again:
LG Sony 65-inch OLED comparison at RS.jpg

So, given that the Sony costs a grand more than the LG at 65 inches, and further given that the price differences tend to increase as the screen sizes increase, and lastly given that the 83" LG is seven grand at Richer Sounds, for my estimate of the 83" Sony at Richer Sounds I refer m'learned friend @jmacc to the answer I gave earlier in post #4.

@raymondo77 Yes, that Marks price for the 83" Sony now looks like a bargain. Grab one quickly before they realise their mistake!

SP00KY

The 83" is being advertised for pre-order in the Czech Republic for £6,400 or so, which makes the suggested £6,999 seem likely in the UK. It's a shame it's not about £1K or so less. I might wait until the dust settles and see if there are some deals later in the year.

jmac

Distinguished Member
The 83" is being advertised for pre-order in the Czech Republic for £6,400 or so, which makes the suggested £6,999 seem likely in the UK. It's a shame it's not about £1K or so less. I might wait until the dust settles and see if there are some deals later in the year.
It's currently about £5400 in canada :smoke: :facepalm:

SonOfSJ

Does anyone know where these big panels are physically made, where is the factory? For years people in the UK have endured prices that are about 30% more for the equivalent item in North America. That is usually explained by shipping costs across the Atlantic, but that wouldn't be the case for things that are not manufactured in North America. Hence my question about where these very big Sony televisions are made.

SP00KY

It's currently about £5400 in canada :smoke: :facepalm:
That's largely the benefit of 5% sales tax I guess (assuming I have that right). It's 21% in Czech and 20% in the UK.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom