NEWS: Sony launches HT-G700 Dolby Atmos soundbar

I did the firmware update today, new version is v1.035.
Had a weird issue, I followed the website instructions and used a USB2 stick which I formatted as FAT32. Downloaded and copied the file onto stick. I plugged the stick into the SB USB slot and went into menu and started update.

It said 0% and then Error. Then it went back to Start and same sequence again. Unplugging USB left it on Start and could not go back to menu, even unplugged power cable but on restart it stayed on Start and remote did nothing. I then unplugged both HDMI cables and plugged the USB back in and it started updating! Finished update and restarted. All seems fine now after plugging HDMI cables back in again.
hi, i cant update mine. it gives the message " not use". what im doing wrong?

Hi all

Mine arrived today. My TV doesn't have an earc out so I connected my shield to the input on the soundbar and I cannot get any Atmos playback. Just goes to lpcm. Does the input not allow atmos? If that's so that's crazy stupid.

hi, i cant update mine. it gives the message " not use". what im doing wrong?
Did you check / format the stick as FAT32?
After my update it was saying Invalid USB, like it expected the USB to still be there. I did a full reset and redid my settings. Seems to be okay now.

Hi all

Mine arrived today. My TV doesn't have an earc out so I connected my shield to the input on the soundbar and I cannot get any Atmos playback. Just goes to lpcm. Does the input not allow atmos? If that's so that's crazy stupid.
I have turned off eARC as my TV also does not support it, ARC works okay but have to turn on HDMI Control on both TV & SB.

Check that your shield is outputting DA, as it works for me from Sky Q on the SB input.

Did you check / format the stick as FAT32?
After my update it was saying Invalid USB, like it expected the USB to still be there. I did a full reset and redid my settings. Seems to be okay now.
Hello, i did all you said, but with no luck. its strange tha the pen i use has a red light and when i insert it on the sound bar the light doesnt turn on. Maybe the pen connetion on the sound bar is faulty. I dont Know. Anyone have another tip?

Hi,

ive purchased the ht-g700 this weekend and I was hoping I could get some help on here with the best ways of getting the most out of it.

my setup is:

2017 Sony Bravia xe9005 (arc but no e-arc)
Old sky + hd in HDMI 1
PS4 pro in HDMI 2
ht-g700 in HDMI 3 ARC

Also have Netflix built in app, will I be able to get Atmos through this?

Also interested if anyone has any tips for getting the most bass out of it, coming from my 5year old Sony Ht-ct780 I’ve found the performance on the new sub woofer underwhelming so far and was disappointed to see I couldn’t change bass/treble settings.

Ive tended to always use the compressed PCM audio setting as it’s just sounded better and fuller to me, should I continue to do this with this Soundbar?

Sorry appreciate there are lots of questions on here but I just hoped some help might make sure I’m getting the best experience from it.

Last edited:
Also is it possible that the subwoofer is working through its top speaker but not on the bottom one where all the bass is produced?

The subwoofer only has one driver at the top, the bottom one is a port to allow air to move in and out. Have you tried to increase the sub volume on the remote? If I turn mine up to 12 (max) then I can definitely hear it on most content that is not mainly dialogue, but I keep it on 9 usually.

Also, what source do you have going into the SB? I have Sky Q into SB instead of using ARC all the time.

The subwoofer only has one driver at the top, the bottom one is a port to allow air to move in and out. Have you tried to increase the sub volume on the remote? If I turn mine up to 12 (max) then I can definitely hear it on most content that is not mainly dialogue, but I keep it on 9 usually.

Also, what source do you have going into the SB? I have Sky Q into SB instead of using ARC all the time.

Thanks for the reply, I have it turned up to 12. If I put my ear up against it there’s definitely audio but if there’s a scene with music or an action sequence there’s no rumble from it really and if I turn the SW volume down to 0 there’s a difference but not much.

See my above previous post about my setup. Did briefly run my sky box directly into Soundbar at weekend but couldn’t tell any difference so just have Soundbar HDMI running out into ARC port in tv

Made some progress last night by trying with sky directly into Soundbar again but ensuring DD+ settings were on.

Now getting the impressive tricks it’s capable of...but the sub woofer still feels underwhelming. If I turn it right up above 30 I do feel something however below that it just seems so weak...maybe I was spoiled with a great sub woofer on my old Sony Soundbar but decent bass production is one of the main reasons for having one.

On a side note is it worth doing the firmware updates?

On a side note is it worth doing the firmware updates?

I did mine as often there may be bugfixes that are not listed in the offical change list, I posted back in #125 on previous page.

Will try and make sure it’s updated then. If they could add settings for bass/treble adjustment at some point that would be good.

So think I’ve solved it finally, my old sub would be great wherever I put it but it seems this one wasn’t really kicking where I had it placed. A simple move of it so it’s backed up against the wall and it sounds great now. Didn’t think it would be something that simple!

Now that we finally have the ps5 4k 120hz earc update for the XH9296 TV, Just noticed this sound bar can only do 4k 60hz, so have i wasted my money on this sound bar just a couple of weeks ago, or do i need to set it up differently?

What volume does everyone else tend to have this on? Finding that I have to have mine at 22-24 at least for any bass to kick in from sub, anything below that and there’s nothing.

Anyone else find they have the same? Just wondering if my sub is not performing to 100% but if I turn the volume right up it’s fine.

Just finding the low end bass non existent but the sub is definitely on and the light flashes whenever I adjust the volume.

Wondering if it’s just a not very powerful or sub or whether it could be working but not firing on all cylinders?

So sub is besides sofa next to wall as it sounds better there than when under tv.

Popped into Hughes today and they are sending a technician this week so will get a better idea then hopefully.

Something doesn’t sound right. Mine is on 28-30 for normal TV and the Sub is on 9, on 12 it is too much bass. Light on Sub is solid green.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom