NEWS: Sony launches flagship HT-A7000 soundbar

As others have already pointed out, Andrew Robinson didn't seem too impressed. However, the youtuber,Techmoan posted a video earlier today about the A7000.
He's coming from a 5.1.2 Atmos separates system and he seems quite positive about the Sony...

I watched that this morning. I asked him a few questions about the agressive night mode and he said he hasn't experienced it but there are a few settings that he turned off to stop the audio compression.

I watched that this morning. I asked him a few questions about the agressive night mode and he said he hasn't experienced it but there are a few settings that he turned off to stop the audio compression.
happily we dont all like the same things, one mans meat, etc.

Anyone here have this bar ? I have it since 3 days (in exchange of LG SN11RG that was not working after one year, and not fixable..) + SA-RS3S, and for now I'm pretty happy with it, but there is some issues. For the sound quality, I think it's too early to have a real feedback and conclusions, but it's very different than the LG. Some things are better, others are less good...

Globally, I have a good feeling with it during atmos films, but for the others use (film not in Atmos, TV show, or Music) i'm a little more doubtful...
I don't have additional subwoofer, but for now I don't miss that. Even in medium mode, the integrate sub is enough for my room. But the 2 lateral speakers are very usefull ! I had the bar + lateral speakers without adding money from my defective LG which cost less than this pack.

- Firstly, I really appreciate that there is a real visual menu, like traditional home cinema amp, but it's slightly annoying to have permanently OSD when I do any action with remote. I didn't find the possibility to stop displaying it. Is it possible ??

- Secondly, I have a Logitech Harmony Elite remote, and it find correctly the Sony Bar on the local network, but after adding, it work extremely rarely ! I tried to move the IR antena just near the IR sensor of the bar, but it works one once in ten, so I can tell it doesn't work...
I noticed the original remote just work when I aim very well the little screen of the soundbar, is it the same for you ? Because that could be part of the problem

- Finally, I use Molotov on my TV to watch tv programs, and this app send stereo sound by HDMI ARC, or by jack out of the tv to my soundbar. In each mode, it's not possible to have proper surround sound, even if "immerse AE" is activated. There is a little weak degraded sound on the rear speakers, and globaly the sound is verry bad !
The only solution I found is to use Molotov on my Xbox One S with Atmos activated. But it's very uncool to use my Xbox just to watch tv...
My conclusion : Xbox manages very better stereo sound to transform in surround than the bar can do, it's very disappointing !!

I have had mine for 3 days now. HT-A7000 with rear speakers and smallest sub (SW3).
First impressions: Blown away in movies, especially those with Atmos.
I completely disagree with Andrew Robinson, on his assesment that he was left thinking about other things because it wasn't an immersive listening experience. I watched "Greyhound" on Apple +, which is with Atmos sound, and was completely sucked in, completely immersed in the howling wind, the splashing sea and the action. I didn't pause to analyze every cannon or explosion, or ricochet. I was just lost in the movie, and the sound system brought me there.

For music, I am a little underwhelmed. However, as a rule of thumb, speakers should always be allowed a 'play in' period, to loosen up the inherent stiffness of the speaker elements. For my previous Monitor Audio speakers that time was approximately 200 hours. It seems to me that music is already better now than when straight out of the box, even after only about 10-12 hours of use.

I will agree with mr. Robinson on one thing, though. The 'intelligence' on the soundbar could be better. When left in 'Auto' mode, the soundbar does not do as good a job with music, as when you manually select 'Music' mode on the remote. Maybe because i occasionally feed it music through my Blu-Ray player. I am careful to switch back to 'Auto' before watching movies again.

For XBOX, i had to choose Audio out set to '5.1 uncompressed' since my TV only supports legacy ARC, not eARC. In the future i might connect my XBOX One directly to the SB HDMI2 input, to enable Atmos support. I have connected my Apple TV to the HDMI1, and Atmos works like a charm. Unintelligent that the sounbar may be, at least it manages to seamlessly switch between Direct audio input from HDMI1 and ARC from TV, without any interaction on my part.

So far reasonably pleased, I have hopes that music will improve after a while, after more 'play-in' time.

One final comment: Andrew Robinson made the error of comparing apples to oranges. He recommends speakers over soundbar. I agree. However, in my home (and with my wife) where the TV currently is, speakers on the sides are not possible.

Last edited:
I bought an sound bar that Andrew Robinson had praised and I didn’t like the sound signature at all. His opinion it’s not right or wrong, just a matter of personal taste.
I have curiosity about HT-A9 though, a lot of appraisals everywhere…

Damn, i can't decide between this (a7000) or the samsung q950T. I have 3 consoles. PS5, xbox series X and a nintendo switch, oh and a 2021 apple tv 4k. I definitely want 120hz supported. I would prefer having the VRR as well. I'm guessing i can just plug in the higher end consoles into the tv and the soundbar into eARC input?

Anyone that’s got this soundbar, have you noticed any audio lag issues!? I was thinking about getting it to pair with an LG OLEDG1 plus a PS5, Sky Q box and Panasonic DP-UB820EB Blu-ray player.

I found a forum recently that detailed many users reviews and experience of the A7000 but I can’t remember the link. Anyone know?

I’m really undecided as to what sound system to hook up to my Sony Bravia XR65XJ90.

I found a forum recently that detailed many users reviews and experience of the A7000 but I can’t remember the link. Anyone know?

I’m really undecided as to what sound system to hook up to my Sony Bravia XR65XJ90.
It's a great soundbar that's future proof thanks to two HDMI ports that pass through 4K/120Hz DV VRR(TBA). The only downside is price for a full kit with sub and rears. However you can always just order the soundbar and sub but pick up the rears at a later stage, possibly used or refurbished.

It's a great soundbar that's future proof thanks to two HDMI ports that pass through 4K/120Hz DV VRR(TBA). The only downside is price for a full kit with sub and rears. However you can always just order the soundbar and sub but pick up the rears at a later stage, possibly used or refurbished.
Do you own this soundbar? Any issues with audio lag? Thanks

On the SONY site it's mentioned that it's compatible with BRAVIA features and you have functionallity to use TV Settings to adjust some of the features I've XH9505(2020 produciton year) And it seems that this model does not have this option - any1 else had this type of issue not sure if this is a matter of software update that might come in the future but still it should have been mentioned :/

Any ideas what’s happening with UK stock levels and this? And any ETA yet on the 5000 and SA-RS5 speakers becoming available?

Just want to let you know that after a hundred or so hours the soundbar has opened up sonically, and music is now better than on any soundbar I have ever heard.

Any ideas what’s happening with UK stock levels and this? And any ETA yet on the 5000 and SA-RS5 speakers becoming available?
SA-RS5 should be Spring 2022, as both AT7000 & 5000 will be getting a firmware update to make them compatible with the SA-RS5's

Last edited:
I am interested in the A5000 as well. I asked about stock in this thread:

I hope it's out in the UK soon! Hard for me to justify the extra £400 for the A7000; but I might have to cave if the A5000 is months away! :)

is good
waitng new 2022 Q1 firewere update ~~
Maybe ATMOS will work better after SA-RS3S update

1033683.jpg

Youtuber Techmoan, has taken delivery of the SA-RS5 surround speakers to add to his A7000.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom