NEWS: Sony launches flagship HT-A7000 soundbar

Video review from Linus Tech Tips

Video review from Linus Tech Tips

Looks the biz , but it all should for 2k . I moved from seperates a while ago but you could get a really good seperates atmos system for that kind of costing.

Can the sony ht-a9 be connected to the sony ht-a7000 as atmos rears...??
i would guess yes, you would have to connect via hdmi to the box the a9s come with but they would make really expensive rears.

Just ordered this from Richer Sounds for £1200 with 6 year guarantee included and £700 for SW5 Subwoofer. It will delivered Thursday/Friday on this week.

Just ordered this from Richer Sounds for £1200 with 6 year guarantee included and £700 for SW5 Subwoofer. It will delivered Thursday/Friday on this week.
Will be good to account first impressions, do you have/listened to another soundbar to compare?

Will be good to account first impressions, do you have/listened to another soundbar to compare?
Upgrading from a Yamaha YSP-4300, which has been a great sound bar. It didn't has Dolby Atmos or DTS: X, so this is the upgrade I'm looking for to

There's a lot of like about this soundbar (except for the price of the total package obviously). I'm really look forward to the review and hope they do so with it attached to an a80j/a90j operating as the centre speaker as I think that's where this will really excel.

Just wish the rear surrounds had upward/side-firing speakers built in too like the Samsung's.

Best deal around with that 6yr warranty. On waiting list with Richer Sounds so hopefully they have more stock soon. Replacement for the ST5000 has been long overdue so looking forward to finally getting this. I only have a small room so will order the bar first, and then add the sub later if needed. Yes its expensive, but by all accounts and review so far, its going to be the best sound bar available.

Last edited:
Ordered mine from Richer Sounds for £1079 for delivery Thursday/Friday as I got them to price match a Sony centre quote I had. Have rears coming tomorrow as well. No sub yet as need to save them pennies again. Saddened by no VRR/ALLM support on HDMI input but hopefully when PS5 gains support they’ll update it to support it perhaps.

Last edited:
Ordered mine from Richer Sounds for £1079 for delivery Thursday/Friday as I got them to price match a Sony centre quote I had. Have rears coming tomorrow as well. No sub yes as need to save them pennies again. Saddened by no VRR/ALLM support on Passthrough but hopefully when PS5 gains support they’ll update it to support it

Well done. Not sure why Sony Centre are discounting their own product on release as they always sell rrp, especially on new products.

Just had a text from DPD, soundbar and sub will be delivered today. Updates will follow later folks

Panasonic GZ950

IMG-20210909-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210909-WA0003.jpg

It's arrived, but I'm stuck at work 😭

As you can see the Sony HT-A7000 is much longer than my old Yamaha YSP-4300
P_20210909_170106.jpg

P_20210909_191842.jpg

Watching the end battle of Avengers Endgame

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom