NEWS: Sony launches Bravia XR A80J OLED TVs in Europe

The 77" A80J is gonna fly off the shelves , wow

3200 for 65. 1900 is the a8h currently for 65 Inch.

So u have to pay 1300 for the new Processor?

Wow, these new AV Forums 'please subscribe' pop ups are intrusive to say the least. C'mon guys...

3200 for 65. 1900 is the a8h currently for 65 Inch.

So u have to pay 1300 for the new Processor?
Yeah, I'm waiting for some reviews to see just how much better the A80J is over the A8H. I'm in the market for a new TV this year, and really anything will be a major step up as my current TV is over 11 years old o_O

Got the 77” A9G on order. Would you keep that or switch to the 77” A80J?

75” for £1500.

If the calibrated picture is any good that’s a serious temptation.

I am really interested in buying the 55" A80J but I can't seem to see any available to pre-order anywhere just yet. Any ideas when they may become available?

I am really interested in buying the 55" A80J but I can't seem to see any available to pre-order anywhere just yet. Any ideas when they may become available?
Same here (can't stretch to the A90J). I spoke to Sony yesterday and they said try two weeks time for the A80J and the A84J, which I believe is an exclusive to them direct?

Same here (can't stretch to the A90J). I spoke to Sony yesterday and they said try two weeks time for the A80J and the A84J, which I believe is an exclusive to them direct?
That's really helpful, thank you. I am stuck with ordering through Curry's (I have a scheme to purchase new tech through work and it's limited to Apple or Curry's PC World), so keeping eagle eyes on their website. As much as I'd love to go for the A90J I can't quite stretch that far either - and it's been a toss up between the A8H or the A80J - going with the latter for all the obvious reasons!

That's really helpful, thank you. I am stuck with ordering through Curry's (I have a scheme to purchase new tech through work and it's limited to Apple or Curry's PC World), so keeping eagle eyes on their website. As much as I'd love to go for the A90J I can't quite stretch that far either - and it's been a toss up between the A8H or the A80J - going with the latter for all the obvious reasons!
I'm in exactly the same position as you, torn between the A8 and the A80J. There will be around an £800 difference between the two, would you mind explaining the obvious reasons please as i'm genuinely in a position where im not sure. I can afford both but £800 is £800!!

Last edited:
What are the obvious reasons?

I fully expect the A80J to be a fantastic TV and a leader in its range class. With only a few features missing from the A90J, I'm sure you guys will be getting a premium set at a great price. I predict the A80J will be one of Sony's biggest sellers along with outselling its competitors in class this year.

Yes these and HDM1 2.1 support. Quite a decent upgrade overall, particularly after a price drop.
Yes, that too, of course.

I fully expect the A80J to be a fantastic TV and a leader in its range class. With only a few features missing from the A90J, I'm sure you guys will be getting a premium set at a great price. I predict the A80J will be one of Sony's biggest sellers along with outselling its competitors in class this year.
Honestly, the main thing the A90J has over the A80J for me isn't even the additional brightness, but the heatsink itself. It should, in theory, increase the lifespan of the panel, so it's a nice feature to have.

Of course, the comparably lower brightness of the A80J may go some way to counteract image retention/burn-in in and of itself.

It's annoying and frustrating when you read of our cousins across the pond just being able to walk into their local 'Best Buy' check the sets out and walk out with one under their arms..!! :mad:

Sorry, yes - the obvious reasons (for me anyway) are the fact it's a newer TV, better processor, HDMI 2.1, better Dolby processing and the fact it has Google TV.

Where's the X90J at? I've been hearing March 22nd all along.

Where's the X90J at? I've been hearing March 22nd all along.
Pre-orders for the X's are not up currently. Sites like TechRadar predict that the X's will be available for pre-order shortly, with distribution starting not long after the Higher-end ranges are well underway.

The 75 inch X81J is £1500. Where does this set sit in the hierarchy compared to the current 9505? The latter costs £2000 so can we assume it will still be the better TV?

Thanks

The 75 inch X81J is £1500. Where does this set sit in the hierarchy compared to the current 9505? The latter costs £2000 so can we assume it will still be the better TV?

Thanks

The X81J sits quite low down as it’s an edge-lit model. The X95J (replacing the 9505) will be much better as it is a FALD model, but at that size it will also be double the price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom