NEWS: Sony introduces HT-A9 home theatre system

Are you all planning to hang them on the walls or use speaker stands?

:laugh: You'll have to provide us with a review, by all accounts if you can set it up properly it'll be a lot of fun
I'll post once I've got it setup and had a play.

I have a number of Atmos files on my nas to play on my shield tv. Also an atmos demo bluray and then lots of other atmos/dtsx blu rays.

Are you all planning to hang them on the walls or use speaker stands?
Mine is a little awkward both front and rears will be on shelves, cant put them behind me either so will have to go either side of my listening position

Sure. I’ll put a comparison up on here. The arc is ok but I always feel like something is missing. Some up firing rears would be a good start but I think I miss separation off the front speakers the most as I used to have a dedicated 5.1 setup in the past. Looking forward to trialling the A9 when I finally get it.
Cheers mate , this thread at this time seems to have decended into the the realms of Sony fanboy , fantom , or Bot post chaos that usually gets me out of here.

Your posts keep me here as I come from a dedicated 5.1.2 set up and moved onto a full sonos Arc system. And agree I'm looking for something to fill that gap .

If I get these I'd want to wall mount depending on the length of power cable etc. I already have tower speakers either side of my TV and can't have more speakers right next those, it'd look terrible.

Pretty positive review here .

He's pretty impressed!

Last edited:
That's Andrew Robinson and this guy now giving it great reviews, two of the more respected reviewers on YT. Andrew Robinson especially as he's used to high-end audiophile levels of sound.

I
That's Andrew Robinson and this guy now giving it great reviews, two of the more respected reviewers on YT. Andrew Robinson especially as he's used to high-end audiophile levels of sound.
had headphones in and it sounded incredible tbf

I would trust Andrew to an extent but not this FOMO guy. :)

Well the more positive reviews we get the better as I'm in no rush , this system would give greater flexibility in my room layout though .

And as a bonus , my nephew has said he will buy my Sonus set up if I pull the trigger on these :smashin:.

I don't care who fomo is but he liked it and said so then put it on YouTube. The fact that I could HEAR how impressive it SEEMED via headphones was just a bonus imo.

Well the more positive reviews we get the better as I'm in no rush , this system would give greater flexibility in my room layout though .

And as a bonus , my nephew has said he will buy my Sonus set up if I pull the trigger on these :smashin:.
It's useful having a buyer. I'll have to find one for my Ambeo and sub if I decide to keep the A9s.

Loose Change Review. Actually shows the menus and options.

Last edited:
The Youtuber SpareChange just dropped a video about the HT-A9 about an hour ago...

Oops, Jenz beat me to it

Loose Change Review. Actually shows the menus and options.

Nice review , better separation than any sounbar out there but not as good as separates with an AVR .

The fine tuning menus are quite comprehensive to tinker the soundstage for one's liking but I did not see any setting to control the sub which is quite disappointing .

Seems the wider you can go with FL/FR will give a greate sweet spot for that all important centre channel .

If that is the case then good news as I can get 15ft of that separation and 13ft to the rears with the same separation.

Not a great professional video but some interesting titbits and criticism.

Last edited:
Just rang RS
They're getting stock of 4 on the 25th, back orders are at 37

really reaaally considering sellin sonos arc and buying these, can get it with 25 percent discount... but, really will be dificult to plae all 4 speakers somewhere in my living room.. decisions..

Not a great professional video but some interesting titbits and criticism.

I agree with him on the price front, thought Sonos we're expensive . His DIY skills leave little to be desired as does his speaker placement ( how many holes in the walls :eek: )

Do wish Sony would have a black option so they fit in with the sub .

Just rang RS
They're getting stock of 4 on the 25th, back orders are at 37
Well at the very least it's easier to get hold of these than a PS5 :D .

Has anyone been able to ascertain if you can add extra speakers around the house for music in the same way as Sonos and some other speakers?

Would make it a whole lot easier to pull the wool over the wifes eyes that we need this.

Has anyone been able to ascertain if you can add extra speakers around the house for music in the same way as Sonos and some other speakers?

Would make it a whole lot easier to pull the wool over the wifes eyes that we need this.
Using chromecast - something I already do with the Sony HT-ST5000. I don't know about if you can group airplay speakers together but the HT-A9 has that too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom