NEWS: Sony Crystal LED now available for home installation

Am I right in thinking that, for instance at 4K resolution, to create a 220-inch diagonal, 72 modules are necessary, with each module costing $10,000?

Ooh, I was so close to ordering the 4K version at $720,000, but then I realised I'd also need to move to a bigger house and the additional stamp duty put me off.

Thing is if you have a house big enough for the 220" 4k version then $720k is probably not a problem either ;)

It would have to be HUGELY better than a projector for that sort of money though....

G

Not sure how 8k and 16k can have same screen heights?! :D

Crikey, need some size of sofa for that 16k screen :laugh:

Bit out of my price range, but at least it made me look up the word "doyen".

Andy

Wonder if JLP will price match? ;)

Think this tech is a good few years off for us mortals. Haha.

Postie just dropped the you were away card. Will pick up from the local delivery office tomorrow, setup and post some first impressions. :)

Handy size , just have to remove the Windows and we are good to go.. on 2nd thoughts it's a bit small...

Tonight's Euro Lottery is 150m or thereabouts so shouldn't be a problem for one, or two of them.

This is cold shower for all who was waiting with OLED because of micro led 😁😁😁😁
Similar picture quality but enormus price diference.....

Why oh why can’t OLED be adopted for these panels that can be multiplied to scale up a screen?
Would be so much more cost effective, surely?

This is cold shower for all who was waiting with OLED because of micro led 😁😁😁😁
Similar picture quality but enormus price diference.....

Just ignore the completely different technology to make a point. You’re a good troll.

No,i m just realistic.
Timeframe from Samsung about micro led panels 1-9 years now seams more like 9.
Panel tehnology is diferent but picture quality is wery similar,i was watching The Wall from Samsung and that LG micro led koncept at IFA Berlin last year if i remember corectly.
And that why i wrote my first post about this topic....

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom