NEWS: Sony Bravia XR 2022 TV lineup includes QD-OLED and Mini LED flagships

Finally someone unbiased. QD OLED is simply better, it fixes almost all the weaknesses of OLED. More brightness, no tinting on whites, almost no banding, better near black performance, no more green tint when viewing the TV under an angle... it's simply better and no brand will stand a chance competing with WOLED against QD OLED. There is a reason why Sony placed the A95K at the top of their TV line because QD OLED is the best technology.
I just do not like Samsung. I am not one for inn-accurate picture. I buy blu rays and UHD discs as I want the best possible PQ with the most accurate picture as the director intended. I hate streaming etc.
Once we see comparison between the G2 and the A95K will we will see the current gen QD-OLED capability when in correct hands. If Sony did 77" A95K I would be tempted as from initial impressions people say the A95K has a nice boost in color volume against the W OLED TVs and uniformity.
I am for QD-OLED so no you are wrong I am not normal OLED biased. I am biased against a comapany thats know to have boosted TVs. They even cheated by changing EOTF Curves on select 10% pattern windows as Vincent demoed.

Interesting not rated overall as highly as some of the 2021 models
That’s what I noticed but that’s nonsense considering the color saturation and coverage…everything else equal…
I am waiting for proper reviews

Finally someone unbiased. QD OLED is simply better, it fixes almost all the weaknesses of OLED. More brightness, no tinting on whites, almost no banding, better near black performance, no more green tint when viewing the TV under an angle... it's simply better and no brand will stand a chance competing with WOLED against QD OLED. There is a reason why Sony placed the A95K at the top of their TV line because QD OLED is the best technology.

Of course the QD OLED tech is better but people are acting as if it’s a magic bullet for brand level problems when clearly that’s not the case . The S95B is doing a usual Samsung mistake (though a promised firmware update is coming) while the A95K is doing a usual Sony mistake.

A piece tech is only as good as comapnies utilise it’s potential .

The fact that Samsung display have already got yields to improve is hopefully just one of the many and soon lessons QD OLED will “learn” from WRGBOLED. We’re getting a Damn good price in the first year and we could potneitally have most mainstream sizes covered by the third year of QD OLED . That and manufacturers so far haven’t fully capitalised on QD OLED to fix their usual mistakes (until the Samsung update is out at least ).

Till then WRGB OLED is a contender , not because of the technology but the maturity that comes with experience .

QD OLED is of to a flying start . No point of being a fanboy and acting like it’s impossible for that pace to be ruined and no point being a denier and saying QD OLED isn’t going to be a viable contender any time soon .

Either way things are getting exciting before micro led and true QLED is even close to hitting the shelf . Hopefully as consumers we’re all gonna benefit from that alone

Interesting not rated overall as highly as some of the 2021 models

Seems like some of the reviews are done by different people , just had a quick flick through and I think that’d explain y the A90J and JZ2000 seem to out score the A95K, done by different reviews .

These seem to pre production units too so maybe there’s little tweaks missing here and there

Seems like some of the reviews are done by different people , just had a quick flick through and I think that’d explain y the A90J and JZ2000 seem to out score the A95K, done by different reviews .

These seem to pre production units too so maybe there’s little tweaks missing here and there
Yeah. Could well be. Itching now (as is everyone) for some detailed reviews and comparisons. I’ve gone off the boil for a purchase this year now. But super excited to see what next year will bring as they tweak stuff

Last edited:
Yeah. Could well be. Itching now (as is everyone) for some detailed reviews and comparisons. I’ve gone off the boil for a purchase this year now. But super excited to see what next year will bring as they tweak stuff

I think that’s a wise decision . If I didn’t have an empty tv cabinet mocking me every time I walked by , I’d do the same 😂

Even though I’m not considering the Samsung at all , I still find myself waiting Vincent’s review of the S95B just because there’s a vacuum of reviews on the LZ2000 and A95K lol

I am content to sit with the GZ2000 for another year if I have to, still a great tv.

I think that’s a wise decision . If I didn’t have an empty tv cabinet mocking me every time I walked by , I’d do the same 😂

Even though I’m not considering the Samsung at all , I still find myself waiting Vincent’s review of the S95B just because there’s a vacuum of reviews on the LZ2000 and A95K lol
If I had no TV I’d be frothing at the mouth lol

If I had no TV I’d be frothing at the mouth lol
493C5948-D606-4AA9-B9A1-2ECBAC11DF7E.jpeg

It’s looking good . Shame no mention of lack of hgig but Les Numeriques don’t strike me as super serious gamers anyway .

Not sure if it was a mistranslation but I read a part that says ‘EOTF is tracked a bit too perfectly ‘ 😂

Cheers for sharing

Seems like there’s a unanimous consensus that Sony is holding back on the A95K . I completely understand why and had anticipated this but was hoping for more.

This is essentially going to be an A90J with a QD layer , cleaner panel , better viewing angles, a camera , very little extra processing sauce and two remotes .

It would make a lot of sense to wait for two years and go for a QD OLED tv but I’m an impatient nutcase 😂

Last edited:
It would make a lot of sense to wait for two years and go for a QD OLED tv but I’m an impatient nutcase
I'd do the same if I could stretch to 55" screen size in our living room!

Not sure how many years I'd have to wait for a 42" QD OLED to appear though...

I'd do the same if I could stretch to 55" screen size in our living room!

Not sure how many years I'd have to wait for a 42" QD OLED to appear though...

Seems like awhile unfortunately unless you’re okay with having an ultra wide monitor 😂.

If these early QD OLED monitors are all ultra wide , I wonder if that’s going to continue to be the case even when 42/48 inchers are introduced.

Seems like awhile unfortunately unless you’re okay with having an ultra wide monitor 😂.

If these early QD OLED monitors are all ultra wide , I wonder if that’s going to continue to be the case even when 42/48 inchers are introduced.
I see what you mean, it does feel like there is starting to be a crossover between TVs and monitors around the 42" size what with the Asus OLED 42" coming out too. I understand the appeal of ultrawide monitors but they don't really do it for me, and of course they're not really ideal for a living room TV 😆

You can now pre-order the A90K in the UK starting at £1,799 (~US$2,268), with shipping expected to begin from July 11th. The price for the A75K starts at £1,999 (~US$2,521), and deliveries are expected after June 15th. Both models will shortly be available to pre-order in other European countries.

Also checked with Sony UK site here

42" OLED Ships from 11th July £1,799.00
48" OLED Ships from 20th June £1,899.00

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom