NEWS: Sony Bravia XR 2022 TV lineup includes QD-OLED and Mini LED flagships

Finally common sense prevails with the remote....no numbers! I don't think I have ever pressed a number button on any TV remote in years!

So much going on with Sony this year
Look forward to see how the QD OLEDs perform in real life and how they price it

Excited to see the reviews coming in for the QD Oled especially with heat sync! Although I’m going to hold off upgrading for at least another year, shocking these companies are STILL being let down by media tek and their god awful soc which can still only handle 2 hdmi 2.1 ports!

I very much doubt there's a heat sink on the QD-OLED, it's already expensive as it is.

So much going on with Sony this year
Look forward to see how the QD OLEDs perform in real life and how they price it
Going to need deep pockets to buy a 65 inch, if reports are accurate at £6000

Z9K could be the icing on the cake. Mini-LED + Backlight Master Drive + XR.

I very much doubt there's a heat sink on the QD-OLED, it's already expensive as it is.
This has been confirmed by multiple sources so should be good!

Shame the Mini LED X95K starts at 65". Was straight away tempted to get it to replace my XH95 but need 55". May be time to see how the new QD-OLED does and consider that as it has a 55" option!

Sony is on the roll

Would like to se Panasonic doing the same ❤

Still only 2 HDMI 2.1 ports? Plus one of those has to be used for eARC, ugh I was hoping for 4 ports or for the eARC to be on a separate port.
Bit of a shame, as the rest sounds great.

A90K - Top OLED model for 2022 and the replacement of last year's A90J, seems to be an ordinary TV with nothing exciting going for it, this year. Not sure it has carried on the heat sink from last year.

Was almost on the verge of going for an A80J and then these flashy adverts got me thinking maybe wait for the A80K...

Still only 2 HDMI 2.1 ports? Plus one of those has to be used for eARC, ugh I was hoping for 4 ports or for the eARC to be on a separate port.
Bit of a shame, as the rest sounds great.
Yes this with only 2xhdmi 2.1 in 2022 is no go.

Shame the Mini LED X95K starts at 65". Was straight away tempted to get it to replace my XH95 but need 55". May be time to see how the new QD-OLED does and consider that as it has a 55" option!
This happened last year with all major manufacturers gifting Samsung the top tear 55inch market, I was also interested in mini led but with only one model to look at I didn't bother. Looks to be going the same way again so Sony is out already. Shame.

8K TV is a dead horse, Samsung have been trying to flog them to customers but hardly any takers.

Remember you are buying NITS and not 8K. 4K will look fine on 8K.

Sony 'Z' series LCDs are not for the faint hearted and physically challenged.

I can't see a reason to buy the A80K over a much cheaper A80J
I believe the A80K this year will be using the higher spec LG EVO™© or whatever we want to call it panel. So higher potential brightness, though no heatsink so won't be juicing too high.

Is it possible to find out if they'll be running Google/Android TV 12? That would finally allow for native framerate switching for the different streaming apps. (The current line of Sony is still on Google TV 10).

I'm in the market for a 48 inch OLED.. Wonder how much the A90K 48 and 42 inch will be, compared to the 48A9.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom