NEWS: Sony Bravia XR 2022 TV lineup includes QD-OLED and Mini LED flagships

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Thank you for sharing .

Seems legit , they don’t say anything out of line .

Seems like Sony A95K will live up to the hype on image quality … im happy about that but Damn it’s gonna make choosing a tv harder lol
Looking very promising indeed
But I am definitely waiting for next generation for sure…some things are not totally ironed Or polished enough (as expected from any 1st generation). Still, super excited

yourboylollipop

Looking very promising indeed
But I am definitely waiting for next generation for sure…some things are not totally ironed Or polished enough (as expected from any 1st generation). Still, super excited

I would ideally be doing the same … but the walls of my lounge room are begging to have a tv 😂.

Plus there’s a whole bunch of content that I’ve saved for the eventual oled and I do not want to wait another year for it .

If my wallet and I were friends , I’d buy a pansonic and upgrade to a QD OLED next year , as there is another room that also needs a tv .

Unfortunately my wallet and I do not have a healthy relationship , let alone be friends with each other lol

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
I would ideally be doing the same … but the walls of my lounge room are begging to have a tv 😂.

Plus there’s a whole bunch of content that I’ve saved for the eventual oled and I do not want to wait another year for it .

If my wallet and I were friends , I’d buy a pansonic and upgrade to a QD OLED next year , as there is another room that also needs a tv .

Unfortunately my wallet and I do not have a healthy relationship , let alone be friends with each other lol
If you need 2 TVs than you have many good value options within Oled and lcd last year and this year) crop).

yourboylollipop

If you need 2 TVs than you have many good value options within Oled and lcd last year and this year) crop).

The second TV is more of a wish than a necessity (it’s in a room that is usually used only in the summer but it’s great for guests ).

I am keeping an eye on the pansonic JZ2000 since that was the tv I liked most from last year . If the price drops further and if it it is still in stock by the time it’s successor and the A95K come out , it’s going to be difficult not to consider it .

Though there’s been a problem with them getting 4K120 VRR on the PS5 to work , so I gotta keep an eye on that too

skyform

"QN90B is much closer to OLED than this is" - Classy Tech

"The contrast isn't there for me and is really lacking" - Classy Tech

"I can't believe how far behind they are (Sony) in local dimming control" - FOMO

"The X95K so far is just not impressive" - Classy Tech

"it pains me greatly that Backlight Master Drive is just empty promises on the 65" - FOMO

Copied from AVSforum.

Very disappointing from Sony and with a price of S95B on top. Probably isn't even any better than X95J. But Samsung also didn't do that great the first year with their Mini LED's, they improved them a lot this year.

Last edited:

skyform

Why not, that way we get an idea how it performs in comparison to OLED and QLED. They also compare it to Q90A and Q90B and X95K is still disappointing in comparison. FOMO's window is showing X95K vs Q90A while Classy's G2 vs X95K. The problem is X95K seems to be even worse at some things than X95J, it's disappointing and the price of the TV is insanely high.

yourboylollipop

Why not, that way we get an idea how it performs in comparison to OLED and QLED. They also compare it to Q90A and Q90B and X95K is still disappointing in comparison. FOMO's window is showing X95K vs Q90A while Classy's G2 vs X95K. The problem is X95K seems to be even worse at some things than X95J, it's disappointing and the price of the TV is insanely high.

Despite its flaws , I’m rather happy with my X95J, so I was quite excited to see what Sony could do with the X95K… so this isn’t pleasant to the ears .

Let’s hope the A95K lives up to the hype and exceeds it

assuming the X95K is that bad , I wonder if it was a conscious decision to nerf the tv in order to protect the A95K and Z9K

skyform

Despite its flaws , I’m rather happy with my X95J, so I was quite excited to see what Sony could do with the X95K… so this isn’t pleasant to the ears .

Let’s hope the A95K lives up to the hype and exceeds it

assuming the X95K is that bad , I wonder if it was a conscious decision to nerf the tv in order to protect the A95K and Z9K
X95K is not a bad TV, they said that people shouldn't think that it's a bad or crap TV. It just isn't living up to the expectations. It can't match QN90B for blacks and blooming and is on top far too expensive for its performance.

What I find strange is that FOMO really liked X95J and said last year in his video comparison between X95J and QN90A that X95J is better than QN90A but now with X95K he is not impressed and is saying QN90A has better blacks, less blooming and better local dimming algorithm, it makes no sense unless X95K is worse than X95J which I doubt.

yourboylollipop

X95K is not a bad TV, they said that people shouldn't think that it's a bad or crap TV. It just isn't living up to the expectations. It can't match QN90B for blacks and blooming and is on top far too expensive for its performance.

What I find strange is that FOMO really liked X95J and said last year in his video comparison between X95J and QN90A that X95J is better than QN90A but now with X95K he is not impressed and is saying QN90A has better blacks, less blooming and better local dimming algorithm, it makes no sense unless X95K is worse than X95J which I doubt.

It’s a strange one for sure . Then again Samsung’s MINI LED was heavily criticised upon release until some firmware updates , then everyone started praising it … maybe it’s a similar situation with the Sony … and unfortunately Sony don’t do updates as frequent as lg and Samsung

skyform

I got some replies from Classy on AVSforum.

When I asked, why were they impressed with X95J but not with X95K, especially FOMO who compared both with QN90A.

Classy's reply
"Mostly has to do with the black bars. It really suffers there, worse than x95j."

What a disappointment. :(

Chief NL

114E2C02-8A88-4957-A0CD-AF501375A03A.jpeg

34FA3ACB-2575-4789-B11C-D04582798578.gif

skyform

Same price as S95B with new QD OLED technology. :rolleyes: Sony and their ridiculous prices. Only worth buying when on sale, that's how I bought all my three Sony TV's.

yourboylollipop

Same price as S95B with new QD OLED technology. :rolleyes: Sony and their ridiculous prices. Only worth buying when on sale, that's how I bought all my three Sony TV's.

I don’t think any other manufacturer was ready for Samsung S95B price .

Besides if you’re looking at price, not sure why you’d not consider the A80J.

From my understanding Sony brought the QD OLED panels before Samsung electronics
so sony didn’t Benefit form a lower price from a better yield

Adookah

I would buy the A80K before the S95B.

skyform

I don’t think any other manufacturer was ready for Samsung S95B price .

Besides if you’re looking at price, not sure why you’d not consider the A80J.

From my understanding Sony brought the QD OLED panels before Samsung electronics
so sony didn’t Benefit form a lower price from a better yield
Because I don't need it, I already have A8, they are too similar.

I would buy the A80K before the S95B.
Of course it's your money, your decision, buy whatever you want to.

Chief NL

Reading this review, even though it hurts me to say this, I’m more and more convinced that this year is not the year to buy a Sony TV. I will keep my pennies and wait for the technology to mature and for them to FINALLY get a new chipset with 4 HDMI 2.1 ports and where I can have DV and VRR at the same time (this last one I did not read about but since it’s clearly the same chipset I doubt they’ll have made any progress in this area).

nekromantik

i dont understand why anyone who buys Sony OLEDs would want the S95B as its complete opposite picture type. Over saturated and brightness is all they care about.
Sony OLEDs were even better for picture accuracy then LG OLEDs.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Reading this review, even though it hurts me to say this, I’m more and more convinced that this year is not the year to buy a Sony TV. I will keep my pennies and wait for the technology to mature and for them to FINALLY get a new chipset with 4 HDMI 2.1 ports and where I can have DV and VRR at the same time (this last one I did not read about but since it’s clearly the same chipset I doubt they’ll have made any progress in this area).
It depends where you are in the process…
I never buy first generation of anything…the chipset is just another factor BUT this sony I is super hard to resist if I didn’t have my pana Oled 55…2018
So next year 65 is right time as can’t change tv that often…
Now lefts wait for proper review

skyform

i dont understand why anyone who buys Sony OLEDs would want the S95B as its complete opposite picture type. Over saturated and brightness is all they care about.
I don't really care for total accuracy but I also don't like a total fake picture and S95B is something in between just right. I prefer how Samsung tonemaps HDR compared to Sony but I love Sony because of reality creation and smooth gradation, their menus, quick settings and design.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
It may not be accurate but if it gives Deep Blacks vibrant colours and goes Bright alone with the most important factor of all screen uniformity, it's got a fair bit going for it Samsung or not.

skyform

It may not be accurate but if it gives Deep Blacks vibrant colours and goes Bright alone with the most important factor of all screen uniformity, it's got a fair bit going for it Samsung or not.
Finally someone unbiased. QD OLED is simply better, it fixes almost all the weaknesses of OLED. More brightness, no tinting on whites, almost no banding, better near black performance, no more green tint when viewing the TV under an angle... it's simply better and no brand will stand a chance competing with WOLED against QD OLED. There is a reason why Sony placed the A95K at the top of their TV line because QD OLED is the best technology.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px7 S2 wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th June 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 27th June 2022