NEWS: Sony Bravia XR 2022 TV lineup includes QD-OLED and Mini LED flagships

Emick81

And it is the usual marketing video as the person has good relationship with the electrical store and you see the same praise with most TVs from the person. Nothing wrong with that but it is way too early to judge PQ from YT marketing videos showing tailor made YT demo clips that looks good in most TVs.

It seems like LCD TVs are morphing into OLEDS and QD-OLEDS looking like LCD TV :)

If X95K is a worthy successor to ZD9 then I wouldn't mind selling my ZD9 for 75 or 85X95K. Like I said in another forum, the PQ must be at least 10% better than the ZD9 for me. :)
Yes, that guy has a good relationship with the owner of that store and he is basically praising every new set they are testing, not in a shady way though. I do like the Podcasts between Fomo and Robert leading up to the launches of certain models. He gives some nice extra information on the models that you can't read on most media channels.

My interest is in the X95K range. That looks like a worthy successor to my Xe9305 if they bring out an 55 Inch model somewhere in the future.

fluxedman

Youtubes so fun

C1 vs S95b 1.jpg

C1 vs S95b 2.jpg

C1 vs S95b 3.jpg

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Yes, that guy has a good relationship with the owner of that store and he is basically praising every new set they are testing, not in a shady way though. I do like the Podcasts between Fomo and Robert leading up to the launches of certain models. He gives some nice extra information on the models that you can't read on most media channels.

My interest is in the X95K range. That looks like a worthy successor to my Xe9305 if they bring out an 55 Inch model somewhere in the future.
Nah…get the 65 :) sise does matter in this case…I will even get a lower stand to get a 65

clydebest

Distinguished Member

There is very little point in praising every tv that he reviews, does not give much power to his opinion by doing so .. that is why I take more notice of punters who post on this forum .. they have paid with their own cash and if they find it to be good or bad they let us know.

Another reason why I take no notice of USA reviews, their pricing is so different from what we in the UK pay.

An example someone posted the price of the Samsung QD -OLED 65 inch in Latvia 2379 euros which would equate to £1800 whereas here it's presently £3399 even allowing for %20 VAT big difference.

Last edited:

Chief NL

There is very little point in praising every tv that he reviews, does not give much power to his opinion by doing so .. that is why I take more notice of punters who post on this forum .. they have paid with their own cash and if they find it to be good or bad they let us know.

Another reason why I take no notice of USA reviews, their pricing is so different from what we in the UK pay.

An example so one posted the price of the Samsung QD -OLED 65 inch in Latvia 2379 euros which would equate to £1800 whereas here it's presently £3399 even allowing for %20 VAT big difference.
Well yeah I’m those countries you pay about 50p for a pint still… 🙄

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Well yeah I’m those countries you pay about 50p for a pint still… 🙄
Does the price depend on the country's GDP, If so why is it cheaper in the USA.

Emick81

Nah…get the 65 :) sise does matter in this case…I will even get a lower stand to get a 65
On my viewing Distance I like 55. I have experienced multiple 65 inch tvs on different distances but on my own distance it is too big/close. It becomes a tiresome viewing experience.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
On my viewing Distance I like 55. I have experienced multiple 65 inch tvs on different distances but on my own distance it is too big/close. It becomes a tiresome viewing experience.
If you are content with a 55-inch, that's the way to go, I went from 55 inches to 65 inches and now I am used to that size I am now wanting a 77-inch.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
What is your distance from the tv if you don’t mind? I am at 2.5-2.8m
55 is perfect but I will try 65 for immersion

cezarL

Hmmm I'm at 2.3m from a 65" but feel like a 77" would be an improvement :D
Mind you, I only use the 65" for watching films, not TV broadcasts.

Emick81

The distance in my house is 3.2 meters. In the end is is all about personal preference.
Everybody's eyes and perception are different. 55 at this distance is for me the sweetspot between immersion and comfortably watching any kind of content.

Also the usecase is an influence. If I would only watch films 65 might be an option. It is the TV broadcasts that I can't stand while sitting too close to a big screen. commercial breaks, News broadcasts and talkshows etc.

You should definitely try the 65 to see if you like it. Just make sure that you have a back up plan in the situation that you have to trade it in for a smaller model. Those 65 inch tv Boxes don't easily fit in an average car.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Hmmm I'm at 2.3m from a 65" but feel like a 77" would be an improvement :D
Mind you, I only use the 65" for watching films, not TV broadcasts.
I have low ceilings so 77 is not happening
65 will be nice…planned for next year either Sony mini led or second generation qd oled

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
The distance in my house is 3.2 meters. In the end is is all about personal preference.
Everybody's eyes and perception are different. 55 at this distance is for me the sweetspot between immersion and comfortably watching any kind of content.

Also the usecase is an influence. If I would only watch films 65 might be an option. It is the TV broadcasts that I can't stand while sitting too close to a big screen. commercial breaks, News broadcasts and talkshows etc.

You should definitely try the 65 to see if you like it. Just make sure that you have a back up plan in the situation that you have to trade it in for a smaller model. Those 65 inch tv Boxes don't easily fit in an average car.
Glad you are happy. I wish I had such a distance from my tv…
I hate returns so 65 will stay unless something wrong with it…can’t wait for next year

lgans316

Distinguished Member
77 from 8 - 8.5 ft and still looking small lol.

yourboylollipop

What do the gamers in here think about DV and VRR being mutually exclusive on Sony TV's still? Worth considering another brand of tv for? First I thought it would be a red flag for me but the more I think about it, the more I think: How difficult is it to just switch between VRR mode and DV mode? And the Series X doesn't support DV watching through the blu ray player anyway so the only thing you're missing really is DV gaming?

Thoughts?

It really depends on how much developers capitalise on Dolby vision gaming . So far doesn’t seem like developers will capitalise on it much … yet having said that if I was on Xbox and Dolby vision gaming was successful I’d be kicking myself for not having a 4K120 DV VRR capable tv .

I’m on the ps5 - not as feature heavy but no good hgig and no vrr flicker is making me sceptical of the A95K.

Panasonic’s LZ2000 has a bigger size , better gaming features and less need for a sound bar so I was initially leaning towards that before the QD OLED hype train …

Shocking Sony making a gaming console and really good but expensive TVs that are behind the competition on gaming features

Chief NL

It really depends on how much developers capitalise on Dolby vision gaming . So far doesn’t seem like developers will capitalise on it much … yet having said that if I was on Xbox and Dolby vision gaming was successful I’d be kicking myself for not having a 4K120 DV VRR capable tv .

I’m on the ps5 - not as feature heavy but no good hgig and no vrr flicker is making me sceptical of the A95K.

Panasonic’s LZ2000 has a bigger size , better gaming features and less need for a sound bar so I was initially leaning towards that before the QD OLED hype train …

Shocking Sony making a gaming console and really good but expensive TVs that are behind the competition on gaming features
Yeah, have been reading a bit more in to it, and it seems the outdated mediatec chipset is a big part of the issue. That probably won’t be replaced until next year but I still have a small hope that by the end of the year TV’s might have the new one (pentonic 2000)

yourboylollipop

Yeah, have been reading a bit more in to it, and it seems the outdated mediatec chipset is a big part of the issue. That probably won’t be replaced until next year but I still have a small hope that by the end of the year TV’s might have the new one (pentonic 2000)

Yeah I get where you’re coming from , initially I was hopeful too 😂

Thing is the mediatek chipset doesn’t prevent everything . It sure limited vrr , 4K120 DV alm

but I don’t see y mediatek processes prevents Sony from having hgig, having a game bar and control for vrr flicker .

It seems like those three are more just about Sony being lazy . They rely on their brand name to attract gamers . We can see that in the whole perfect for ps5 propaganda 😂. Shame because Sony make freaking great TVs , but gaming is the main thing holding them back

Chief NL

Yeah I get where you’re coming from , initially I was hopeful too 😂

Thing is the mediatek chipset doesn’t prevent everything . It sure limited vrr , 4K120 DV alm

but I don’t see y mediatek processes prevents Sony from having hgig, having a game bar and control for vrr flicker .

It seems like those three are more just about Sony being lazy . They rely on their brand name to attract gamers . We can see that in the whole perfect for ps5 propaganda 😂. Shame because Sony make freaking great TVs , but gaming is the main thing holding them back
Yeah true. I guess they only just got VRR working in the first place, so will take a bit longer to get all the other gaming goodness working. I think I'm going to have to hold off until 2nd generation QD-OLED. I really want a QD-OLED tv, and just got my HT-A9 sound system so I'd like it to be a Sony, but having a Series X I'd just regret getting one this year and then the next gen get 4x HDMI 2.1, and other proper gaming features.

yourboylollipop

Yeah true. I guess they only just got VRR working in the first place, so will take a bit longer to get all the other gaming goodness working. I think I'm going to have to hold off until 2nd generation QD-OLED. I really want a QD-OLED tv, and just got my HT-A9 sound system so I'd like it to be a Sony, but having a Series X I'd just regret getting one this year and then the next gen get 4x HDMI 2.1, and other proper gaming features.

How do you find the HT- A9 (sorry if it’s a bit off topic lol)

If I go for the A95K , I’m thinking to get either the HTA-9 or HTA7000 to go with it (maybe with the additional bass and rear speakers ). Unfortunately, HTA5000 doesn’t seem available in my country yet .

My wallet is really going to hate me for buying such an expensive tv and sound system lol

Bialas55

Standard Member
I will also be waiting for the second generation of qd / mini. The current Mediatek chipset they write something on another forum that in the game mode vrr turns off local dimming, as far as this is a problem I do not know. But wait again for next year, then wait again for a lower price and still WAIT it.

Chief NL

How do you find the HT- A9 (sorry if it’s a bit off topic lol)

If I go for the A95K , I’m thinking to get either the HTA-9 or HTA7000 to go with it (maybe with the additional bass and rear speakers ). Unfortunately, HTA5000 doesn’t seem available in my country yet .

My wallet is really going to hate me for buying such an expensive tv and sound system lol
I think Curry’s briefly had stock this week but it lasted about a day. I ordered mine from Leeds Sony centre back in January, wait time might a bit shorter now though. The guys in the Sony Centre haven’t heard or seen the system themselves yet and they said when I picked mine up that they don’t expect to have a demo one in the shop until September 😂

There’s a few owners and people waiting active in this thread:

NEWS: Sony introduces HT-A9 home theatre system

I actually enquired about the A-7000 as well but you’d need a subwoofer (despite the built in woofers on the bar) and the new surrounds (which they don’t expect to be available until June/July) which pushes you way over the price for an A9 + SW5 (and the A9 might still be better, no proper comparisons out there yet)

yourboylollipop

I will also be waiting for the second generation of qd / mini. The current Mediatek chipset they write something on another forum that in the game mode vrr turns off local dimming, as far as this is a problem I do not know. But wait again for next year, then wait again for a lower price and still WAIT it.

Is it a mediatek problem or a lcd/led problem ? LG’s lcd/leds don’t have local dimming in vrr do they ?

yourboylollipop

I need to check if this is leggit but looks ok…light but a good start.

Thank you for sharing .

Seems legit , they don’t say anything out of line .

Seems like Sony A95K will live up to the hype on image quality … im happy about that but Damn it’s gonna make choosing a tv harder lol

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px7 S2 wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th June 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 27th June 2022