NEWS: Sony announces two new 3LCD laser projectors

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
At first I thought... Oy oy, saveloy, this could get interesting. But these projectors don't seem in any way suited to the home theatre market.

MickB

7300 lumens in a bat-cave could be interesting though 😎 😆

MickB

I have never heard of this type of projector, why are they not suited to ht.
They're generally designed to be light cannons, for meeting rooms / conference rooms, so won't be designed to produce the most accurate picture, will use cheap lenses, & will run extremely loud (38db) as an example.

Tingo

They're generally designed to be light cannons, for meeting rooms / conference rooms, so won't be designed to produce the most accurate picture, will use cheap lenses, & will run extremely loud (38db) as an example.
Thanks, seems strange that they can have such high lumens and ht projector's don't. I thought hdr on projector's was being held back because they couldn't go that high. There must be a reason there under 2000.

MickB

Generally, the brighter they are, the more difficult it is to cool, hence the really noisy fans. This isn't an issue in a 'professional' scenario, but very unsuited to the average home HT room. Also, all the brightness is generally done at the expense of accurate colour reproduction, again not a big issue for commercial applications.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom