NEWS: Sony announces A95K QD OLED TV prices for UK

Coming in the same as the A90J from last year :thumbsup: Should see the 65" below £3k by BF/World cup provided demand/supply goes okay:clap:

The price variations for models of TV's across the globe is crazy.

A80K:
  • 55" £2,099
  • 65" £2,899
  • 77" £3,999
X95K:
  • 65" TBA
  • 75" £3,999
  • 85" £5,499

I wonder when it will be available for purchase or preorder from John Lewis.

This bodes well for a reasonably priced 77" model some time next year (assuming Samsung Display can get them mass produced and supplied to market in 2023 of course).

Was it actually available to pre-order earlier? Find it hard to believe they'd go out of stock in a few hours, when it's still readily available to buy on their German site and has been for probably a month now, and it's cheaper/get a PS5 thrown in. Unless they've only been given like a few dozen on initial allocation :rotfl:

Was it actually available to pre-order earlier? Find it hard to believe they'd go out of stock in a few hours, when it's still readily available to buy on their German site and has been for probably a month now, and it's cheaper/get a PS5 thrown in. Unless they've only been given like a few dozen on initial allocation :rotfl:
Is it worth buying from Germany? With the free PS5 I guess any taxes and stuff would be worth it right?

It was available for preorder on the John Lewis website twice and was then removed just a few hours later and orders cancelled, not sure what's going on there.

Is it worth buying from Germany? With the free PS5 I guess any taxes and stuff would be worth it right?

It was available for preorder on the John Lewis website twice and was then removed just a few hours later and orders cancelled, not sure what's going on there.
I don't think any of the retailers I looked at (MediaMarkt and Sony DE) ship outside of Germany, unfortunately :( plus imagine the hassle if you have to return it :D

The first time it was up on JL, it was only to announce pre-orders would be soon (12th April) at £3499+neckband speaker, but got pulled before that point, then it went back up at £3699 with the neckband speaker, then pulled a couple of hours later, telling people who did get a pre-order in that it had been delayed and that it'd be July/August before it would be available. Probably BS knowing JL, so hopefully end-ish of June is the likely release time. And at least it won't be £3699.

Looks like the stands will be utterly ridiculous and impractical as usual from Sony. I get that there's not much opportunity to innovate in TV physical design anymore, but a stand really should be functional above all else. Very, very small footprint, raised to a reasonable height, and no idiotic lean back. That's it.

Seems like a small thing but a bad stand is a deal breaker for some, me included.

Last edited:
I went to John Lewis in person and the sales manager there 'reserved' one for me. No payment was taken but it does show the product code and price (£2699 for the 55" with free neckband speaker). I was told that once they have stock I would receive a call to complete the order. I have been waiting since April 12th lol

I wasn't aware that the 65" is only £800 more so it might be worth considering that one, just a shame there is no mention of the free PS5 in the UK! I am really excited about this TV and it's annoying how long it is taking to be released, I hope there are no stock issues.

I could really do with an in depth AV Forums explainer for quantum dot. Maybe this could be wrapped into the Samsung qd oled review.

Looks like the stands will be utterly ridiculous and impractical as usual from Sony. I get that there's not much opportunity to innovate in TV physical design anymore, but a stand really should be functional above all else. Very, very small footprint, raised to a reasonable height, and no idiotic lean back. That's it.

Seems like a small thing but a bad stand is a deal breaker for some, me included.
Once upon a time I'd echo this. I actually bought a generic vesa stand for my beloved DX902 to rid it of it's horrendous stand when we first got it. However both TVs in our house are wall mounted now, as I imagine is the same with a quite a sizeable portion of people these days, so it's a bit moot. Still this Sony example is especially dreadful and all they're doing it opting themselves out of a portion of the market with such a silly design.

Pre ordered the 55” which will replace my still excellent E6 in the bedroom. :D

How is Sony’s customer service compared to John Lewis’s or RicherSound? Should I wait for those retailers or is buying from Sony ok?

I have experience with both RC and John Lewis and both have been brilliant. I am going with John Lewis because their optional 5-year warranty (£140) which is on top of the free 5 year warranty covers burn-in whilst I don't think the product warranty or the richer sounds one does to the same extent.

This bodes well for a reasonably priced 77" model some time next year (assuming Samsung Display can get them mass produced and supplied to market in 2023 of course).
I am doubtful of a it being reasonably prices next year, as new size and teething issues. Look at the cost difference between the G2 77 and 83 + £2k?

So the A80K is £300 more then the LG C2 and weighs 10kg more.
Could it mean it has a heatsink in it?
Also EX panels have smaller bezzles so looks like A80K wont have EX panel as C2 bezels look smaller.

If the Sony fixes the odd HDR brightness curve the Samsung has (which does seem to be deliberate) this will be a stunning TV, and the first big step forward in quality for some years but I'd want a 75+inch please before I replace my 65 LG OLED.

Sony’s website has updated the shippment date to 13th of July. Do anyone who ordered received any update from sony?
3460EE21-59BE-4F36-8E8C-84E35385205F.jpeg

Sony’s website has updated the shippment date to 13th of July. Do anyone who ordered received any update from sony?
Hadn't received any updates, so I e-mailed them last night and they've confirmed all orders are delayed until July 13th onwards. You'd think they'd send an update :rolleyes:

Pretty disappointing, figured that was going to at least be a perk of ordering from Sony directly, getting the first batch before any other retailers, especially as they were giving a specific date, when it had already been known to be delayed elsewhere. But now the US is delayed too. Decisions, decisions...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom