NEWS: Sony A90J release date and pricing announced

Looking to place a pre-order with John Lewis in the next few days for the 55" - it was the included headphones that swayed me. Most expensive television I have ever bought and feels crazy to buy it without seeing it but it looks like the perfect package to me. Had a Sony Bravia for over ten years and still looks great but time for 4K OLED I think - loyal to Sony for the quality we've enjoyed over the past decade.
You wont look back mate. Enjoy it when you get it.

I had another call from curry's, delayed...
Er... You've had two calls from Curry's, what 2 delays?? Did they give you an ETA.

Funny, I haven't heard a dickie bird from JL..?? No email, call... nowt!

I was sold on G1 77'' but now I'm considering A90J, just shame then don't do 77" cause I doubt I can stretch my budget to 83" and doubtful I could fit it, probably 77" is a tight max, can we use with Sony different stands? Those legs won't work with my setup

Just been ordering some HDMI cables ready for the A90J. Wanted some future-proofing so I don't have to replace them again within the next 5 years. Great that this set has all of its HDMI ports located right at the bottom third of the panel at the back. Really saves on cost with cable length when your devices are sat in the TV unit right below the set. :thumbsup:

Any update on availability?

Here in Slovakia largest electronics seller says the A90Js (55 and 65) will be available on April 5th. Taking pre-orders now...

Just paid for my A90J 65, delivery in 24-48h. I had an A9G77 in order that I canceled. I hope I made the right move. Too late now.
Looking forward to your thoughts on it, grats!

The last time, and only time, I pre-ordered a TV was the Panasonic DX90, in 2016 I think.

I paid £2,500 for the 58". I can't accommodate a 65", either in our living room or via my wallet.

I am so tempted to pre-order the 55" A90J. I haven't had a Sony in over ten years and I really, really want this one.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm gonna have to buy my wife some vouchers for the wool shop, to soften the blow.

So, I've had an emailed reply from the retailer I intend to order from and they have confirmed a delay, definitely on the 55", until at least the end of April.

I can't speak for other size models.

What are the chances that some bloke cocking up a three point turn in a ship could have such far reaching consequences:rotfl:?!

do you mind me asking which retailer you are dealing with?

do you mind me asking which retailer you are dealing with?

Richer Sounds. I always email the nearest branch to me.

I would only ever deal with RS due to their customer service. The six year warranty helps;).

I'm in negotiations with the other half, to see what pre-ordering is going to cost me long term:eek:.

cool... i guess i best be prepared for a similar date for mine from RS

cool... i guess i best be prepared for a similar date for mine from RS

Ah, in that case I would suggest you contact RS because if you've already pre-ordered, yours may be here sooner. Where as I haven't actually ordered yet but, being advised if I ordered now, it would not be due until end of April.

i emailed them and same response.. delayed till end of april

A review. Sounds promising.

I watched this review last night from Digital Trends and I am impressed with the reviewer's enthusiasm.

So, I planned to order the TV today but, there's talk of a 'grid' elsewhere on the forum that's bugging me now.

What is it and should I be concerned?

I've always felt, as much as I would like a 65", not being able to accommodate one in our living room is sometimes a blessing as I bypass some of the issues associated with the bigger screen such as banding.

Is this 'grid' something that would affect 55" screens?

I'm normally of the opinion, unless a problem is immediately obvious, don't go looking for problems.

Please do not take any of the early reviews especially from publications seriously. It all starts great and then few months later, things go south but overall OLED is a safe bet over other TV tech.

Please do not take any of the early reviews especially from publications seriously. It all starts great and then few months later, things go south but overall OLED is a safe bet over other TV tech.

It was another forum member that has mentioned 'grid'.

I haven't read or heard it via review.

Of the two video reviews I've seen, they can't speak highly enough of the A90J.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom