NEWS: Sony A90J release date and pricing announced

IL Cattivo

I'm normally of the opinion, unless a problem is immediately obvious, don't go looking for problems.
^ This...

If you deliberately go looking, 9/10 you'll find something and then it'll bug you for the duration of ownership.

Probably tons of people who have owned OLED's with issues that probably don't even know they're there to this day, but are just enjoying it regardless.

Barney Gumble

^ This...

If you deliberately go looking, 9/10 you'll find something and then it'll bug you for the duration of ownership.

Probably tons of people who have owned OLED's with issues that probably don't even know they're there to this day, but are just enjoying it regardless.

Thanks for that affirmation.

I have a C9. I've never had issue with it other than image blur with motion and I've never looked for issue with it either.

I am really excited about getting a Sony OLED.

kevjp

Finding grid on a white screen is not real viewing although technocrats think it's important. If normal viewing doesn't show up issues then no problem.

GHazy

Ashy

^ This...

Spot on this

Barney Gumble

Where from?
RS. Always @Richer Sounds for me. It feels like I have a batphone sometimes between my local branch.

Six year warranty and black wireless headphones too, although not sure I will use those at all. I'll probably gift those within the family.

Edit; I'll tell you why I always use @Richer Sounds , my wife and I are both physically disabled.

I bought a C8, my first OLED, in 2019 but, after three months there was an issue with it.

I contacted RS at MK, my local branch and they offered me a C9 for just a small difference in price to pay and two of the guys from the shop came to our home, unmounted the C8 and mounted the C9 for me.

They insisted I was happy with my purchase and knowing the difficulties I have, offered to help.

I am very grateful and think they went over and above what is expected of them.

Hence, why always @Richer Sounds for me.

Last edited:

Fella55

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Just watched this. Was the comparison I was after and I think a well balanced comparison at that.
And your outcome is?🧐😀

Fella55

And your outcome is?🧐😀
...I need more money 🤣

But really - 65A90J < 77G1 < 83A90J

Which is obvious I guess, but I'd get the one furthest right I can afford come BF/Xmas/2022

micks_address

Is the ship blocking the sues canal delaying the a90 arriving here?

Barney Gumble

Is the ship blocking the sues canal delaying the a90 arriving here?

I'm not certain anybody would be able to answer that with any certainty but, seeing as it is a major trade route and there's something like between 250-300 ships now either side waiting to pass through, it doesn't seem unreasonable to make that leap.

IL Cattivo

I'm not certain anybody would be able to answer that with any certainty but, seeing as it is a major trade route and there's something like between 250-300 ships now either side waiting to pass through, it doesn't seem unreasonable to make that leap.
... and then on the other hand, you'd like to think that the A90J's are already in the country, have been for some time, but there is a backlog of customs processing the shipment, due to both COVID & Brexit. These would be amongst the first units shipped to the UK that now fall under the new Brexit customs rules, and we all know from previous experience when anything new or different that has been made to a specific system, us Brits have a hard time adapting and coping resulting in the inevitable delays.

Barney Gumble

... and then on the other hand, you'd like to think that the A90J's are already in the country, have been for some time, but there is a backlog of customs processing the shipment, due to both COVID & Brexit. These would be amongst the first units shipped to the UK that now fall under the new Brexit customs rules, and we all know from previous experience when anything new or different that has been made to a specific system, us Brits have a hard time adapting and coping resulting in the inevitable delays.

I can't argue with your logic.

However, personally I am not going to think about it too much as I've pre-ordered and I don't want to get my hopes up.

For me, it will get here when it gets here.

I've read on here about some poor chaps getting contacted by Curry's several times with regard a delay. I hope I hear from RS just the once, when my order has been dispatched.

Then I'll be cock-a-hoop:clap:.

I just hope if there are indeed some units here in the UK, that AVForums reviewers and Vincent get hold of one, sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

IL Cattivo

I can't argue with your logic.
Maybe I can argue with my own logic here a little bit... Doesn't quite explain why the LG G1 is seen as 'in-stock' at the same retailer's though, even though it went up on their sites after the A90J?? :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom