NEWS: Sony 8K Z9J and 4K A90J, A80J, X95J and X90J TVs launched

Cheers gents for the thoughts.
I have enquired on dates and being told 3rd week of May for both the A80 and A90 so not long at all.
Think I am leaning towards the 77A80 but the only thing holding me back it it’s not the flagship model.
This TV has to be a keeper for 2/3 years or she will divorce me!

So why not have the best of both worlds? Wait until next month and order the 83" A90J

Biggest and best. :smoke: :smoke:

So why not have the best of both worlds? Wait until next month and order the 83" A90J

Biggest and best. :smoke: :smoke:
Maybe doesn't like the colour magenta? :D

probably cost I imagine, same as me, £3000 more is quite and ask for 6"

Sweet uniformity, full working hdmi 2.1 on all ports with vrr, all uk catchup apps then I'd probably have my arm twisted to get a a90j 83" myself.

I'll be interested to see any comparisons/reviews between the 65XJ95 and the 65XJ90/94. If the differences are anywhere like the differences between the XH9505 and XH9005 models then the XJ95 will be the clear winner, however it remains to be seen how much difference there will be between XR Contrast Booster 10 on the XJ95 and XR Contrast Booster 5 on the XJ90. Everything else is basically the same apart from the stand, remote and maybe any filters on the TV.

So decision time, do I go 65A90J or 77A80J?
Would love to see them both in the flesh but that is not going to be possible anytime soon unfortunately.
I sit 6 feet from the screen so a little concerned the 77 will be too big.
Currently own a 65 and do fancy the bigger size.

Can't see a big difference between them imo

So, do all the people currently planning to get a 77 inch and watch from 6 -8ft away also think playing games will be fine from that distance?

So, do all the people currently planning to get a 77 inch and watch from 6 -8ft away also think playing games will be fine from that distance?
I sit about 17ft away, I could have really done with a 83A90J but find it difficult to justify the price jump

Last edited:

I'm about 11' from my 77", and gaming is fine. Bit disorienting the first day or so but once acclimated it was all good.

I would imagine it'd be the same for you.

I sit about 17ft away, I could have really done with a 83A90J but find it difficult to justify the price jump
17ft away :eek:,you need a 100"

I sit 6.5ft away from my 65"

Wall to wall is 5.4M, and having the sofa against the back is about 17ft to TV.

Know of any 100" OLED that wont cost another mortgage ?

Wall to wall is 5.4M, and having the sofa against the back is about 17ft to TV.

Know of any 100" OLED that wont cost another mortgage ?
Be a tad cheaper just to bring the sofa forward :lesson:

You guys are reading my mind.. I am planning on a Arendal speaker setup eventually :smashin: I've already ran speak cabling to their specific locations. But me thinks if I start getting into all that here it'll be somewhat off topic for this thread.

Last edited:
You guys are reading my mind.. I am planning on a Arendal speaker setup eventually :smashin: I've already ran spakers cabling to their specific locations. But me thinks if I start getting into all that here it'll be somewhat off topic for this thread.
This thread has nearly reached its expiry date now anyway :D

Motion artifacts are a big no for me. I use Motionflow on all content I watch as I'm sensitive to judder so that is a deal breaker for me sigh.
You don't have to use Smoothness on Max though. You could use Film mode/Cinemotion High/Auto, with Clearness on Min or 1 with Smoothness around the half way mark. This would make the content a bit soapy but not fully soapy and therefore it would likely be a nice middle ground for you where by 24p judder is reduced for you but the SOE isn't to the extent that there are motion artefacts.

Remember these reviewers don't test to try and find a middle ground for people that want a mostly cinematic experience but with slightly reduced 24p judder using motion interpolation.

Sony 65X95J.jpg

at 14 "56 minutes from this video 65X95J has < 200 zones !
Bad Sony X90J Reviews! Hisense U8G or U9DG, C1 Evo OLED or Not?

Motion artifacts are a big no for me. I use Motionflow on all content I watch as I'm sensitive to judder so that is a deal breaker for me sigh.
Judder was fixed in a firmware update for games. Not sure why they couldn't update their firmware and confirm

So I had a chance to demo a 65A90J today at my local Seven Oaks.
Very very impressive but still torn between this and the 77A80J.

Size over flagship model.......can’t make a decisions keep going one way then the other!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom