NEWS: Sony 8K Z9J and 4K A90J, A80J, X95J and X90J TVs launched

I think I saw somewhere that it's coming out in late summer. So got a while to wait yet... (I'm also waiting for that tv)
Do they usually release their top end LCDs that late? Wondering if this will affect black Friday price drops we usually see.

Last edited:
I think I saw somewhere that it's coming out in late summer. So got a while to wait yet... (I'm also waiting for that tv)

I’m waiting for that TV as well, it will be June at the latest as they will definitely want to be cashing in on Euro 2020 and people buying bigger and better TVs.

Promising review of X90J

Do they usually release their top end LCDs that late? Wondering if this will affect black Friday price drops we usually see.
No. The XH95 for example was released before the XH90 last year. It's just that the pandemic has messed things up a bit, so the release dates are a bit all over the place this year.

I think it looks like OLED BUT it is impossible and this review is useless because it is not close to what our eyes see in real life

Here is a super in depth technical review of the X90J :rotfl::rotfl::laugh::laugh:

Disclaimer: That was sarcasm.

I think it looks like OLED BUT it is impossible and this review is useless because it is not close to what our eyes see in real life
Well I can tell you now.. in real life it will not look like oled :D

I know perfectly well how it perfoms in real life as owner who had a bunch of different TVs :)

Well that thumbnail was enough to convince me I made the right move ordering that backlit remote :D
lol yep, I do like the black colour... just not the plastic :zonked:
The a90j control in dark graphite would be 😍

Had an email from Sony, who say my SevenOaks order (A90J 65") has left their warehouse and been passed to the delivery company, who will be in touch to "arrange a convenient date" for delivery.

How about nooooowwwwwwwwww.

EDIT: Bank Holiday Monday delivery, I'll take that. Especially as the other half will be around to help lift it onto the stand...

Last edited:
Some great cashback action here in The Netherlands from 29.04.2021till 27.06.2021 (due to Euro 2021 soccer)

Like € 1000,- cashback for a € 4999,- 77A80J (real price should be lower after negotiation).
Oh boy :rotfl:

1619687179566.png

Some great cashback action here in The Netherlands from 29.04.2021till 27.06.2021 (due to Euro 2021 soccer)

Like € 1000,- cashback for a € 4999,- 77A80J (real price should be lower after negotiation).

View attachment 1502773
Interesting, but never really understood the concept of "cashback"? Why not make it just a straight discount on the purchase price? Taking into account the cost of administering it all, I can't see any benefit to consumer or retailer/manufacturer.

View attachment 1502773
Is that via Sony or some kind of cash back site like Quidco etc?

Interesting, but never really understood the concept of "cashback"? Why not make it just a straight discount on the purchase price? Taking into account the cost of administering it all, I can't see any benefit to consumer or retailer/manufacturer.
It think it is a mind game. When people think they can make a great deal, but the offer is there for a limited perioded, their mind forces them to take the deal. Must be the FOMO effect ;) :D

It think it is a mind game. When people think they can make a great deal, but the offer is there for a limited perioded, their mind forces them to take the deal. Must be the FOMO effect ;) :D
Yeah, but you can easily achieve that with a 10% off voucher, or a Black Friday sale? Cashback just strikes me as messy. How does it work, you get the cashback after say three or six months?

Cashback just strikes me as messy. How does it work, you get the cashback after say three or six months?
It is easy:
  • Purchase has to be made within the action period;
  • After that you have to make (or have) a 'my Sony' account to log in to the Sony site;
  • Fill in the requested info and upload photos of the original sticker on the box (which has the model number, barcode and serial number on it) and your invoice;
  • Your money will be on your bank account within 30-60 days after the claim has been approved.
I have done this for my Sony W905 and other purchases. Never had any problems with claiming my money,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom