NEWS: Sony 8K Z9J and 4K A90J, A80J, X95J and X90J TVs launched

I think I've ruled out the G1. I need a A80J vs A90J comparison.

Same here unless someone can confirm if near blacks and shadow detailing have been fixed.

Same here unless someone can confirm if near blacks and shadow detailing have been fixed.
Doesn't matter if they have been fixed. LG's firmware updates may well bring the problems back, down the line.

Just saw the fomo latest vid here:

Sony not quite Quantum dot ?

sony not full colour range - Copy.jpg

Is fomo saying Sony TVs don't support the full gamut colour range like QLED samsung's do ?

Just saw the fomo latest vid here:

Sony not quite Quantum dot ?

View attachment 1492562

Is fomo saying Sony TVs don't support the full gamut colour range like QLED samsung's do ?
QLED don't either, they've progressively become worse over the years. This FOMO was even clueless about Sony Triluminos not using quantum dots. I posted that info in the Value Electronics video about the 2021 Sony tv's ...
Even OLED tv's don't cover 100% of DCI P3 but they're the closest thing to it (at a certain brightness level).

I'm ready to replace a KD-55 AG8 with either an AG9 (currently really good price at Currys at £1349) or one of the 2021 XR models (probably XR55A84JU for £1899 but may consider a XR55A90 if the benefits are worth it.
What would you all recommend?
Will the XR55A84 have a decent processor (I don't mean the image processor) or it will it be a crippled old Mediatek SOC like the AG8? I need it to easily run Kodi as my PVR.
Will the A90 have a faster SOC than the A80?

I think it means we have to get off are arses and have a look when they are finally in shops
Last I heard they are due mid to late may, but obviously could be delayed.
Either way by black friday kind of time it will be at a very tempting price as the launch price is so good.

Do we have prices on the A80J in 65 and 77 confirmed for the UK? Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom