NEWS: Sony 8K Z9J and 4K A90J, A80J, X95J and X90J TVs launched

The A80J is not available to buy on the currys website. Delivery in 10 to 21 days
Think you meant now,yeah only can see the 55", £1899 is not too bad of a launch price

Think you meant now,yeah only can see the 55", £1899 is not too bad of a launch price
The A84J is up too for the same. Isn’t this undercutting the announced RRP by £100?

Does anyone know what the confirmed difference between the A80J & A84J is? Looking through the detailed spec sheet and appears identical as do the pictures, no cosmetic difference I can find.

The A84J is up too for the same. Isn’t this undercutting the announced RRP by £100?

Does anyone know what the confirmed difference between the A80J & A84J is? Looking through the detailed spec sheet and appears identical as do the pictures, no cosmetic difference I can find.
Yeah I can't find one difference, not even colour or stand.
I think one will just be available to some retailers while the other to other retailers..
Cut's down on them having to price match.

Yeah I can't find one difference, not even colour or stand.
I think one will just be available to some retailers while the other to other retailers..
Cut's down on them having to price match.
Only thing I found was A84 has over A80 is -
  • ‘Rich Colour Enhancer’ (probably accounts for nothing)
  • Built-in mic

Otherwise spec and dimensions and the stand colour / style appears same too! You’re probably right, I think only Curry’s had the A85 last time along with Sony Centre.

Attachments

• B575908F-4020-4817-AB23-411B08E29750.png
    B575908F-4020-4817-AB23-411B08E29750.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 667BA1E7-299C-4777-8257-38E56527F832.jpeg
    667BA1E7-299C-4777-8257-38E56527F832.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 7DF03CB2-66A0-4D1C-86CA-073C8FD051F9.png
    7DF03CB2-66A0-4D1C-86CA-073C8FD051F9.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 57
  • E10E0922-A1A0-4C95-9792-02BF7449FE75.jpeg
    E10E0922-A1A0-4C95-9792-02BF7449FE75.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Only thing I found was A84 has something called ‘Rich Colour Enhancer’. A80 doesn’t. Probably accounts for nothing.. otherwise spec and dimensions and the stand colour / style appears same too! You’re probably right, I think only Curry’s had the A85 last time along with Sony Centre?
Sounds like that will be the one currys will get, so they can tell everyone its a better spec etc :facepalm:

Sounds like that will be the one currys will get, so they can tell everyone its a better spec etc :facepalm:
Curry's are also getting the exclusive A96J - The only set that comes with a 4D/8K/HDR/VRR p0rnhub app built-in with VR headset.

They'll be flying off the shelves!!

Curry's are also getting the exclusive A96J - The only set that comes with a 4D/8K/HDR/VRR p0rnhub app built-in with VR headset.

They'll be flying off the shelves!!
I can't see where to pre order do you have a link? Asking for a friend.

UPDATE - John Lewis is now quoting 4 weeks not 5! We are getting there.
Their site is obviously on some kind of crude countdown clock from an old ETA.
One minute it gives a number of weeks, then it's Out Of Stock, and then back to a number of weeks again. Now, this could be due to impatient people cancelling, having already waited 5 weeks and are no longer prepared to wait any longer and have now decided to go the LG Evo route.

If these sets are now GA in Germany, Netherlands and across Europe, I can't for one second believe that it's going to take another 4 weeks for them to arrive here in the UK.

One JL CS rep has already disclosed to a member on AVF that delivery is due in over this weekend and he'll be called Monday to arrange delivery. So much contradiction going about on the JL side of things...

Personally, I think that 4 weeks is for the 2nd batch of pre-orders arriving in the JL warehouse, as the 1st batch are already taken for and should be starting to be distributed from Monday onwards. Unless we've all had the wool pulled over our eyes by JL. I sure hope not.

I‘m still being told by the Sony Centre the date they expect stock is the 23rd, I can’t see JL getting stock on the 12th. Hope I’m wrong but think they are still quoting the original date before the delay.

Their site is obviously on some kind of crude countdown clock from an old ETA.
One minute it gives a number of weeks, then it's Out Of Stock, and then back to a number of weeks again. Now, this could be due to impatient people cancelling, having already waited 5 weeks and are no longer prepared to wait any longer and have now decided to go the LG Evo route.

If these sets are now GA in Germany, Netherlands and across Europe, I can't for one second believe that it's going to take another 4 weeks for them to arrive here in the UK.

One JL CS rep has already disclosed to a member on AVF that delivery is due in over this weekend and he'll be called Monday to arrange delivery. So much contradiction going about on the JL side of things...

Personally, I think that 4 weeks is for the 2nd batch of pre-orders arriving in the JL warehouse, as the 1st batch are already taken for and should be starting to be distributed from Monday onwards. Unless we've all had the wool pulled over our eyes by JL. I sure hope not.
What's you plan mate?

It's like waiting for lockdown to end. You want it so bad bit rhe dates keep moving. I cant wait now for my a90j. Its going to be Brill.

Fingers crossed for you and ya boy for his birthday :thumbsup:
Yeah, it's getting squeaky bum time mate.. The Mrs is not gonna be happy if his TV is still in my office. She keeps asking me all the time where's this TV you've ordered and I just have to keep feeding her that due to covid and the Suez incident that stock has been delayed and there's nothing I can do about it. She's adamant that it has to be in his room the day before his B'day. Clocks ticking!! Please let the retailer warehouses be full of A90J's this weekend ***..!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom