NEWS: Sony 8K Z9J and 4K A90J, A80J, X95J and X90J TVs launched

The ETA on the 55" hasn't changed for a while now, so perhaps the EU delay is going to hit us too. Still saying 5 weeks, which makes May probable at this point, though Currys were claiming April 21st I believe.
Box.co.uk are saying 17th of April on their website.

I find it so wrong that some of these retailers have actually held on to our money for so long without the goods being in our possession. It could very well be over 2 months that they've had all that cumulative cash sat in their accounts gaining interest while the consumer loses out.

That's basically money for nothing!

Yeah that sucks for sure. Don’t think I’ve ever had that situation before. Most things I’ve pre ordered the money is taken just before shipping

Yeah that sucks for sure. Don’t think I’ve ever had that situation before. Most things I’ve pre ordered the money is taken just before shipping
Which is exactly how it should be and instilled as law for these money-grabbing retailers.
Quick enough to take your money, but in the 5 weeks since I parted with all that cash have I once had a single update from John Lewis in all that time...? NO!! If it wasn't for the accidental damage/burn in protection insurance they offer, I would've kicked them into touch weeks ago for horrendous lack of comms and updates. Really poor CS to someone who is spending a lot of money with them and am guessing would like me to be a repeat customer.. Don't think so after this.

I do agree, but even Sony took all my money even though I offered a deposit...I think the demand for these tvs mean that the sellers have the upper hand and know we will pay in order to guarantee our reservation

I find it so wrong that some of these retailers have actually held on to our money for so long without the goods being in our possession. It could very well be over 2 months that they've had all that cumulative cash sat in their accounts gaining interest while the consumer loses out.

That's basically money for nothing!
I wouldn't worry too much about your lost interest. The interest on £3500 over 2 months wouldn't even buy you a pint! :D

I wouldn't worry too much about your lost interest. The interest on £3500 over 2 months wouldn't even buy you a pint! :D
The cumulative interest on the total of all the pre-orders taken would buy the JL brass a few though...

First 65a90j's delivered in Germany over the weekend.

My 65a90j arrives 21th of April because i am trading in my 65AF9. (The Netherlands). Originally scheduled for delivery tomorrow! but buyer of my af9 had second thoughts. This was the last time i tried to sell a tv privately.

I am pretty confident to get a good one, long time sony owner and had already a lot of sony tv's and never any issues, a little banding is part of the oled experience and far outweighs the lcd problems, otherwise i have a 4 week test period in which i can swap the tv.

Good to hear they are arriving

Good to hear they are arriving
Surely if they're now arriving in Germany and the Netherlands, we can't be looking at any longer than 2 weeks tops....

Surely if they're now arriving in Germany and the Netherlands, we can't be looking at any longer than 2 weeks tops....
Fingers and toes crossed. My birthday is May 4th so hoping to have one by then

The review we have all been waiting for.. the only review that counts..

nah just kidding, don't click it :D

Wow, that WAS brutal :rotfl:

2839 is pretty cheap mate, depends if you want the newer tv with upgraded processor, more ram and memory, brighter screen, full fat dolby vision, google tv ui, hdmi 2.1, possible new evo panel?

that a costco price?
Well a 77AG9 at £2400 today at CostCo was a price I could not pass up. Off back there later to pick it up. Got 90 days to return if I decide its not for me!?

Well a 77AG9 at £2400 today at CostCo was a price I could not pass up. Off back there later to pick it up. Got 90 days to return if I decide its not for me!?
2400 is great. Must be getting rid of the last few stragglers.

Gotta clear out that old stock to make way for the influx of A90J's this weekend... :clap:

You're right I did buy one at Southampton for £2645 which I thought was still a great price but then heard about the deal at Farnborough so took a drive up there. I've got 90 days to see how I get on with the AG9 which is another good thing about buying from CostCo

Well currys are giving me a voucher for my broken GZ2000, so should get it tomorrow or Saturday. So I will be ordering the A90J :smoke:

Probably the 65" but not discounting the 55" A90J or any other 2021 oled:blush:

The negatives of the Sony is the lack of 2.1 hdmi ports,think at the moment I can do with 2 but further down the line I may need more o_O

Also with regards to sound,the lack of a sub out is a negative for me,my GZ2000 had one which made a massive difference to the sound and was much needed imo.

It would help if the Sony had it as well as it would've been a good addition to go with the acoustic sound.

The A1 had a sub out but they took that feature out and never had it on my Af9.

Anyway looking forward to the A90J owners thread and to get my own,whenever that may be.

Glad currys finally sorted it,As the bible says

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. And the Lord giveth back because he wants to see slides:love:

Well currys are giving me a voucher for my broken GZ2000, so should get it tomorrow or Saturday. So I will be ordering the A90J :smoke:

The negatives of the Sony is the lack of 2.1 hdmi ports,think at the moment I can do with 2 but further down the line I may need more o_O

Also with regards to sound,the lack of a sub out is a negative for me,my GZ2000 had one which made a massive difference to the sound and was much needed imo.

It would help if the Sony had it as well as it would've been a good addition to go with the acoustic sound.

Anyway looking forward to the A90J owners thread and to get my own,whenever that may be.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. And the Lord giveth back because he wants to see slides:love:
Are they able to order you one? you currently can't via the website.

Will they let you order a A90J with your voucher when their site is stating they're 'Out Of Stock / Not Available For Delivery'?

Are they able to order you one? you currently can't via the website.
Well you was able to order them Monday as I checked when they first said that they were giving me a voucher, but cannot now as it now says email me when back in stock :rolleyes:

Seems its gonna be a bit of a wait for more stock to come.

The vouchers are valid for 12 months so should be OK :rotfl:

The A80J is not available to buy on the currys website. Delivery in 10 to 21 days

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom