NEWS: Sony 8K Z9J and 4K A90J, A80J, X95J and X90J TVs launched

At the moment it's between the A90J, G1,A80J, or C1 and some am thinking of the 77" .

As always I don't think that there will be a massive difference in performance between each set. Jz2000/1500 coming out this August so is a bit late for me.

Can offer £700 for your GZ2000, fantastic pic and best set I ever owned :D:smashin:
You have mentioned the same tv's i have on my list , if I do buy this year, also 77 inch is my aim also so that would discount the A90J, but I have been known to change my mind ... agree HDR on the 2000 is soooo good that if the A90J G1 improve on it 😲.

Was there a 0 missing on your offer .:D

You could always buy @clydebest GZ2000, genuine sale,no tint or banding. One careful elderly lady owner,only used at weekends. Must be seen £7000 OVNO :smashin:
Everything correct and verified.;)

This is why You don't rush TV purchases. Better wait a year for amazing prices and You will know, which TV is best from last year to buy.
Very true , just there are a good few of us who agree with that sentiment, and then just do the exact opposite.

This is a good post to see from jrref today...

mikeyf said:
I'm curious as well. I'm heading in to week three on the break-in/calibration line. Expecting John is busy there with break-ins. I wonder what the percentage of bad panels actually is?
We haven't rejected any A90js yet. So far all are good. Just remember no OLED is perfect. They all can have very slight tinting somewhere on the screen but its not like previous years and the banding and vignetting is almost non-existent which is a big plus. So far the ones i've been working on are very consistent both 55 and 65.
Kinda easing fears a little when you see posts like that and that the issues being reported are more isolated rather than widespread.

There's subtle tinting and theres an obvious pink/red streak. Must be very lucky to have gotten dozens of 65s with no issues, no obvious grid and no pink edges and minimal banding :smoke:

There's subtle tinting and theres an obvious pink/red streak. Must be very lucky to have gotten dozens of 65s with no issues, no obvious grid and no pink edges and minimal banding :smoke:
His own one developed the pink edges lol.

This is a good post to see from jrref today...

Kinda easing fears a little when you see posts like that and that the issues being reported are more isolated rather than widespread.
Yeah I think a lot of noise from a select few (one guy finding as many 'torture' scenes as possible to complain about). Maybe a couple with genuine issues, but the countless posting on the issue makes it looks like a major problem. jrref the VE calibrator has probably seen more A90Js than most and he's said the panels have been the cleanest he's ever seen.

Yeah I think a lot of noise from a select few (one guy finding as many 'torture' scenes as possible to complain about). Maybe a couple with genuine issues, but the countless posting on the issue makes it looks like a major problem. jrref the VE calibrator has probably seen more A90Js than most and he's said the panels have been the cleanest he's ever seen.

He hasn't run them in for 80 hours though. That is when the tinted bordering issue shows up. Well apart from his very own TV!

He hasn't run them in for 80 hours though. That is when the tinted bordering issue shows up. Well apart from his very own TV!
I've only seen him mention the red tint on one tv (not sure if that was bad enough to return). The only other one seems to be from a crazed maniac who tortures his TVs to the point of death. Pretty sure he believes his phone camera more than his eyes, he probably photographs dust particles and believes they are ghosts and aircraft are UFOs.

On the other hand I'm not sure how much I trust jrref given he works for a TV retailer, there's a good chance he's been told to keep quiet on the issue, but given the amount of time the Americans have had them there should be a lot more complaints.

He does run them in before calibrating them for VE customers who pay for that service. Not sure for how many hours but I'd be surprised if it's less than 80. Guess we'll see soon enough if his units start to show the tinted border issue. It happened to his own set so he certainly knows what to look for!

I've only seen him mention the red tint on one tv (not sure if that was bad enough to return). The only other one seems to be from a crazed maniac who tortures his TVs to the point of death. Pretty sure he believes his phone camera more than his eyes, he probably photographs dust particles and believes they are ghosts and aircraft are UFOs.

On the other hand I'm not sure how much I trust jrref given he works for a TV retailer, there's a good chance he's been told to keep quiet on the issue, but given the amount of time the Americans have had them there should be a lot more complaints.
I agree that people do nit-pick but the photos that were linked to were terrible. That isn't a minor issue and I'm not sure how you could make it happen even through stressing the panel deliberately.

I agree that people do nit-pick but the photos that were linked to were terrible. That isn't a minor issue and I'm not sure how you could make it happen even through stressing the panel deliberately.
I wouldn’t let 1 bad panel put you off mate, there’s plenty of satisfied buyers who’ve fell in love with this TV. I’m personally going to wait, mainly for a price drop but it also gives you time to see if there are any major faults.

Just put in an advanced order for the 55" A80J (or the Sony special equivalent A84J)

Delivery expected end of month

Just put in an advanced order for the 55" A80J (or the Sony special equivalent A84J)

Delivery expected end of month
I've not seen that available yet, where have you ordered it from please?

I've not seen that available yet, where have you ordered it from please?

Directly from Sony Centre (01228 542824) - only a couple due in at the end of the month in the 55" so bit the bullet

Directly from Sony Centre - only a couple due in at the end of the month in the 55" so bit the bullet
Yes looked at another post and saw it. They are now being advertised on Currys for £1899, but cant order yet.

Why buy A80J if You can buy A8H for lot cheaper?
Hdmi 2.1
Google TV
Rumoured to also have the new evo panel
Bravia core
Updated image processor which they are labelling as cognitive

Well I got to see a 55" A90J at Best Buy today. It looks great compared to my Panasonic plasma and better than any other TV they had. Thanks for all the info but the 83" is going to be my set as soon as it it released. It will be running hard for 14 days to make sure I do not have the tint problem.

24 x 14 = 336 Hrs. so I should be OK by that time.

TV led dolby vision.

All native apps are TV led anyway so unless you're using a 4k uhd player that's not really that big a deal seeing as there are native apps for everything else

Hdmi 2.1
Google TV
Rumoured to also have the new evo panel
Bravia core
Updated image processor which they are labelling as cognitive

I guess the real question then is what is the difference between the A80J and the A90J?

I guess the real question then is what is the difference between the A80J and the A90J?
I think the main differences are the pro XR processor on the A90J vs the non-pro XR processor on the A80J, and the increased audio output of the A90J. Looking forward to a side by side comparison of both sets, but imagine I'll end up going for the 65 A80J 🤔:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom