NEWS: Sony 8K Z9J and 4K A90J, A80J, X95J and X90J TVs launched

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks cool! Though possibly the cheesiest launch video I've ever come across online lol.

"The A90J also has a new XR OLED Contrast Pro feature which has a number of technologies implemented to assist with improved image quality".

So does that mean the A80J doesn't have that feature? Both TVs are listed as having XR OLED Contrast in the feature list.

Otherwise I can't see much difference, except the Acoustic Surface Audio+ in the A90J, which doesn't particularly interest me.

Finally DV tv-led, using LGD’s new Panny style heatsink to increase nit count, hdmi2.1...this could be the best oled of 2021, will be interested to see what Panny/LG will bring to the table.

So the A90j has the new higher nit panel and the A80j doesn’t... hmm let’s hope panny are offering more than just one panel in the lineup with the improvement s

Glad I held off picking up an AG9 in the sales. What with new heatsink panel attached for greater peak brightness and DV tv-led on the A90J....:love: This could be the best OLED for 2021.
I wonder if it will reach HZ levels of peak brightness!

Can’t wait for the reviews guys...:)

I hear from people who already could see the New Sony TVs says the Processor is s game changing and is no marketing Gimmick

I did hear mention in the video of TV sizes getting bigger but no 55" or 49"/50" in the X95j series!

Was holding out for a xh9505 replacement with HDMI 2.1. Very disappointing...

I did hear mention in the video of TV sizes getting bigger but no 55" or 49"/50" in the X95j series!

This is why I've been holding out on the xh9505 but after 75". Are all these hdmi 2.1?

"The A90J also has a new XR OLED Contrast Pro feature which has a number of technologies implemented to assist with improved image quality".

So does that mean the A80J doesn't have that feature? Both TVs are listed as having XR OLED Contrast in the feature list.

Otherwise I can't see much difference, except the Acoustic Surface Audio+ in the A90J, which doesn't particularly interest me.
The A90J has the XR OLED Contrast Pro and the A80J is not the pro version. The A90J panel has the Laminate aluminium sheet which dissipates heat, much like the Panasonic approach for their custom panel, so it will have a higher peak brightness. Plus the whole WRGB emitters are working to boost the brightness, which means better colour accuracy (volume) as well.

All the launch TV models are listed in the news piece with features and screen sizes.

Last edited:
65A90J has got me drooling already in anticipation 😍

I'm so disappointed by the lack of 48' OLEDs.

I though the 48' sold well and all the previews mentioned 48' models with HDMI2.1.

‘Features to be added via future firmware’.....oh c’mon Sony! After having my fingers burnt by Sony before regard to Dolby Vision on my A1...I simply don’t trust Sony anymore! Looks like a straight choice between Samsung and LG for me then.

Attachments

• C1356CFF-4632-4B8A-867C-1A3354EDDBC6.png
    C1356CFF-4632-4B8A-867C-1A3354EDDBC6.png
    555.5 KB · Views: 346
But gutted as would have bitten Sony’s hand off for a A90J 77”. Not sure I would want to go 65” now and don’t have room for 83”. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom