NEWS: Sony 8K Z9J and 4K A90J, A80J, X95J and X90J TVs launched

jmacc

Distinguished Member
It is easy:
  • Purchase has to be made within the action period;
  • After that you have to make (or have) a 'my Sony' account to log in to the Sony site;
  • Fill in the requested info and upload photos of the original sticker on the box (which has the model number, barcode and serial number on it) and your invoice;
  • Your money will be on your bank account within 30-60 days after the claim has been approved.
I have done this for my Sony W905 and other purchases. Never had any problems with claiming my money,
Seems good to me, and probably better then the price we will get over here on Black Friday :rotfl: :rotfl:😭

Tjopper

Seems good to me, and probably better then the price we will get over here on Black Friday
Yes for me too, that's why for some reason I cannot get the 77A80J out of my head :rotfl: :D

It is easy:
  • Purchase has to be made within the action period;
  • After that you have to make (or have) a 'my Sony' account to log in to the Sony site;
  • Fill in the requested info and upload photos of the original sticker on the box (which has the model number, barcode and serial number on it) and your invoice;
  • Your money will be on your bank account within 30-60 days after the claim has been approved.
I have done this for my Sony W905 and other purchases. Never had any problems with claiming my money,
Well, I'm sure it works, it just strikes me as a lot more faff that a straight upfront discount. It must cost Sony a bit to administer all that - I can only assume they do it to allow the retailers to charge normal retail price, and maintain their profit margin?

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Popped into RS today to have a look around.. walked out with a receipt for the 77A80J in my hand :smoke:
congrats :love:
Any idea of delivery mate?

SimonST

Distinguished Member
Cmon Sony, do a nice UK cashback promotion during the euros :smoke:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Some great cashback action here in The Netherlands from 29.04.2021till 27.06.2021 (due to Euro 2021 soccer)

Like € 1000,- cashback for a € 4999,- 77A80J (real price should be lower after negotiation).
Oh boy :rotfl:

View attachment 1502773
Hmm actually, if the a80j is 5000 euro down to 4000, it's not that huge of a saving over the UK.

capt_janeway

Just called Sony Centre, Carlisle and still no date for my 55"er :(

They'll be sick of me at this rate.....maybe they'll try and fob me off with an A90J to get rid of me :)

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 15.28.00.png

jmacc

Distinguished Member
You may have to settle for the Google Play voucher of £ 100 / € 100 from Sony only if you manage to register your new Bravia before end of May.
Yeah that's a nice small extra, I already have a fairly decent price for the a80j 77" at currys, providing they pay the quidco / topcashback money back.
I also have a fairly good price locked in at a sony centre for a a84j 77", decent discount due to a past inconvenience :)

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
So decision time, do I go 65A90J or 77A80J?
Would love to see them both in the flesh but that is not going to be possible anytime soon unfortunately.
I sit 6 feet from the screen so a little concerned the 77 will be too big.
Currently own a 65 and do fancy the bigger size.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Would love to see them both in the flesh but that is not going to be possible anytime soon unfortunately.
Same decision for me, I went for size.

raymondo77

Probably I'd take a larger screen over nominal increase in brightness.

77" at that distance will be great.

FusedANUBIS 1

Same decision for me, I went for size.
I’ve done the same but also keeping an eye on 77cx/AG9 prices just in case they drop below 3k then would snap one up whatever I end up with a 77oled will be a big improvement in pq and size over my 55c6😁

SimonST

Distinguished Member

100% go for the 77A80J. I ordered a 75QN95A recently, which was sh*te compared to my E6 in most respects (but that's another story for another time), but even 5ft away, it was fine, had expected I'd have to sit further back, but it was great at that distance. Couldn't go back to another 65" now, I think you'll be wishing for a bigger TV before long, and the difference, contrary to some fanboys/paid reviews, is not night-and-day, so size wins for me. 77A80J will almost certainly be my next set. Granted I've changed my mind almost as much as @jmacc but as long as there are no nasty surprises, it will be mine :)

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
Cheers gents for the thoughts.
I have enquired on dates and being told 3rd week of May for both the A80 and A90 so not long at all.
Think I am leaning towards the 77A80 but the only thing holding me back it it’s not the flagship model.
This TV has to be a keeper for 2/3 years or she will divorce me!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021