NEWS: Sonos launches Roam ultra portable smart speaker

low-def.

Looks great and definitely what I need for the garden :)

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
For those who have access to UniDays, the 15% discount works on the pre-order, so I've managed to get one ordered for £135.15 🙂

Mr X

Distinguished Member
For those who have access to UniDays, the 15% discount works on the pre-order, so I've managed to get one ordered for £135.15 🙂

Thanks for this! I just cancelled and ordered again with the code and also ordered the charging base this. I still have a couple of 30% vouchers but didn't want to use those yet and forgot about Unidays. Cheers

danwel

Shame all the discounts seem to be Uniday, i have a totum card but they don't offer any sonos discount sadly

AlanX

Has anyone checked the dimensions of this device? The dimensions given - 240 x 160 x 126 - suggest a truly enormous hand is holding it!

low-def.

Has anyone checked the dimensions of this device? The dimensions given - 240 x 160 x 126 - suggest a truly enormous hand is holding it!
Richer Sounds has it listed as: 62 x 60 x 168

CaptainEd

Disappointing, like the Move, no stereo pairing over bluetooth, but I guess not what the speaker is intended for. I'm sure it will sound better than my Anker but I can get 5 of them for the cost of this.

AlanX

Richer Sounds has it listed as: 62 x 60 x 168
That sounds a bit more like it. Looks like the dimensions from Andy B might be for the box it came in.

marcoeser

Looks very similar to the Denon bluetooth speakers

LexDiamond

Very interested in this but I’m going to wait for reviews after release. Separate tweeter, mid and trueplay means this looks promising for a balanced sound and something that can easily be moved from room to room or taken outdoors.

Richard Groves

Standard Member
Very interested in this but I’m going to wait for reviews after release. Separate tweeter, mid and trueplay means this looks promising for a balanced sound and something that can easily be moved from room to room or taken outdoors.
Based on recent Sonos releases and stock shortages then if you want one this side of summer you'd be best off pre-ordering and returning if you don't like the sound.

UMAR 3:16

Can you use this as surrounds? WoulD love a small surround speaker

According to Sonos no unfortunately
Damn! That would have swayed it for me. It’s good an opportunity to waste IMO.

Woodymogs

The only concern I have (I've got a set of 2 x Roams on pre-order) is that using Google Assistant drains the battery, mentioned in some of the reviews:

‘There’s also a battery drain bug if you set up Google Assistant on the Roam that Sonos warned reviewers about, and it’s bad enough that the company is encouraging customers to power the speaker down when it’s not being used to conserve juice. Sonos says it’s working with Google on a fix...’

I'm using GA with the rest of my Sonos system so this is a bit of a disappointment. Sonos have said they are working a fix but there's no timescale for a resolution :(

LexDiamond

I read some of the reviews and they seem very promising. If this can deliver solid mid range without sacrificing the top end then this could be a game changer in the portable market.

Really wanted these as surrounds for the beam

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors