NEWS: Sonos introduces Beam Gen 2 soundbar with Dolby Atmos

Hi All

I posted the below in the LG section, and some kindly pointed me in the direction of this thread.

Can anyone offer any help please?

Many thanks

Hi All

I’ve searched, but not really found a solution, so would appreciate your thoughts.

I purchased a C1 48” yesterday, with a Sonos Beam 2. After a little tweaking I’ve just about got the picture I’m looking for, but the sound with the Sonos is not at all good, to the extent that I had to check it was coming from the Sonos and not the TV speakers! I’ve come from a 6 year old Samsung with a Bose Solo.

Any tips or things to check?

I have it plugged into the Arc HDMI, and the various TV sound settings are in Auto.

The Sonos EQ is on default levels and Loudness is on. I’ve also done the True room set up, twice.

Any help much appreciated.

Is it maybe just a matter of preference? Ie it’s just not working as you hope / expect coming from the Bose?

And just to take the TV out of the equation - how do you feel about music played via the Sonos app? Does that sound more “normal” or as you would expect?

I’m not familiar with LG displays so I don’t know if there’s anything that needs to be adjusted. If you connect your Bose to the C1 does that still have the sound you like / expect?

Thanks very much. I think you might be into something here! In fact I’m getting used to it, although do wonder whether I’m missing a TV setting somewhere!

I’ve not tried the Bose on it, but I will try. As for playing music, I have spent hours trying to get music saved on my phone to play, and have failed!

Cheers

I guess you’re probably aware but you can add various music streaming services to the Sonos app, along with linking an iTunes library if that’s your thing, saving the need to Airplay from your phone.

Anyhow, enjoy (hopefully)!

Hi All

I posted the below in the LG section, and some kindly pointed me in the direction of this thread.

Many thanks

Hi All

I’ve searched, but not really found a solution, so would appreciate your thoughts.

I purchased a C1 48” yesterday, with a Sonos Beam 2. After a little tweaking I’ve just about got the picture I’m looking for, but the sound with the Sonos is not at all good, to the extent that I had to check it was coming from the Sonos and not the TV speakers! I’ve come from a 6 year old Samsung with a Bose Solo.

I have it plugged into the Arc HDMI, and the various TV sound settings are in Auto.

The Sonos EQ is on default levels and Loudness is on. I’ve also done the True room set up, twice.

What sources are you listening to? Netflix and Disney+ have Atmos. What is the Sonos app reporting you are receiving, IE are you sending it stereo so that's what it's playing etc

Hi All

Many thanks

Hi All

Have you turned on eARC?

Settings > Sound > Advanced > Scroll down to eARC.

Also make sure the Output is HDMI, majority of the sound settings are greyed out when using HDMI audio, the fact you're seeing "Auto" etc makes me think it's not outputting HDMI.

Your HDMI 2 port when looking at sources should also say Sonos Sound Bar if connected properly.

Posted this in the play 1, 3, 5 thread, but probably more applicable to this thread..

Bought a beam 2 in the Christmas sale and paired it with two Play 1's...
Is anyone else disappointed with how the Beam 2 handles Dolby 2.0? My rears emit partial sound/noise when they shouldn't. It's like Sonos' Dolby Prologic implementation is very basic. I know my Denon X6300H is in a different league, but that manages to keep the rear channels silent until it decides a noise is appropriate to be sent to the rears. The beam seems to just chuck a very low level, sometimes distorted replication of the fronts all the time.. annoying if sat near a rear speaker. I know I can change the TV to PCM to disable this, but would be annoying to flip back to Dolby when 5.1 or ATMOS is present.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom