NEWS: SkyShowtime streaming service coming to Europe in 2022

antsims

Distinguished Member
So, not the UK then? eh?

djcla

Distinguished Member
Not had a TV subscription for years now since Netflix etc which is just so much cheaper. Would happily add another one if it was good value. I just wish another company would win the majority of the football TV rights and put that on a standalone service.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member

clnthl

More interested to hear if there's any update on the Sky without a dish they were contemplating...

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
More interested to hear if there's any update on the Sky without a dish they were contemplating...
Sky contemplate a lot of things. For a very long time.

Panavision

Distinguished Member
It won't be long before Sky turns to streaming for everything. That's where we are headed, it's only a matter of time. It's so much cheaper than installing equipment.

Evovski

I was wondering what the point of this article was if it isn’t coming to Britain
Apparently the internet doesn't do that whole passport control thing. Weird, I know.

As for the idea of sky showtime...A smart move. Between Disney+ and Netflix these apps have been having issues gaining traction in the U.S. - combining content and resources in the EU makes their output and offering much, much more attractive and shows a huge quantum leap in thinking from studios - I think we could finally be truly looking at the end of linear programming.

I'd be game depending on the price. I've been advocating something more a la carte as opposed to the insanely constricting package offerings that you see from virgin and sky for years.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom